3 weeks recovery! 99.999% healed, GOODBYE XANAX!

[Ml...]

Wow that's quite a story ! Well done , and lucky you for sure . I wish soemone could figure out the whys of all this , I just keep thinking , if some people can recover so quickly ,there's  got to be a reason for it.....if only I could be found. .

Good luck and never  benzo again.

Miyu

I think it has something to do with our brain and genetic make up.

My sister was on K twice for a few years each time. She quit them both CT and had NO issues..

But they also didn't give her much of a benefit when she was on them

As for me. On k worked great. Rapid taper not knowing what I'm doing and have been bedridden since thanksgiving.

I'm also back on my full dose of K  :'(

At this point not sure how ill do a taper

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mlissa,

Very happy you were feeling better after 3 weeks of benzo withdrawal.

It's hard to evaluate full  recovery from serious illness or injury with only 3 weeks worth recovery information.

It now seems to be about 3 months since you thought you were fully healed.

Can you please give us an update on your Benzo withdrawal recovery situation?

Thanks. :)

Hello!! So I am officially at 4 months! I feel amazing. I am mentally and physically more aware and healthy than I think I have ever been. The Benzo withdrawal really made me look at things different than I had before. It scared me so bad, I’ve changed a lot of habits. I have not went back to Xanax, and quite honestly I’m pretty sure I’ve developed some sort of ptsd towards meds.. I literally refuse to take anything and I’m happy with that decision. I’ve changed eating habits, coffee, excercise, activities, etc..  there have been no withdrawal setbacks for me since it left me after that 3 week mark. I hope all of you have had some success in your journies, and I want to thank each of you for reaching out to check on me. It means more than you know. ❤️❤️

Thank you so much for sharing your success story. Wow! What a journey. Could you please tell me where to post where I am  at right now? I can’t seem to figure it out. I am weaning off of Alprazolem and I started my 3rd month yesterday. Thank you so much. Sheila

Congrats on your road to recovery!! There is a place to post for planning your taper and also for the withdrawal support during your taper! You got this ❤️❤️❤️ I wish you all of the luck in this world

Thank you so much for sharing your success story. Wow! What a journey. Could you please tell me where to post where I am  at right now? I can’t seem to figure it out. I am weaning off of Alprazolem and I started my 3rd month yesterday. Thank you so much. Sheila

Hi Shelia  :hug: For Withdrawal support during your taper post here  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=145.0 I Hope that is what your looking for  :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, thanks for your story. If you don't mind me asking have you tried alcohol? I've also come to a point where I've healed but I'm scared a few drinks will turn me right back to a the withdrawal phrase. It sucks cause I can't drink with any of my friends or coworkers.. well I haven't tried and always find an excuse to bail.

Hi, thanks for your story. If you don't mind me asking have you tried alcohol? I've also come to a point where I've healed but I'm scared a few drinks will turn me right back to a the withdrawal phrase. It sucks cause I can't drink with any of my friends or coworkers.. well I haven't tried and always find an excuse to bail.

Alcohol should be avoided unfortunately as it also interrupts your GABA receptors, even though it's considered a depressant.

I had a a couple drinks a few weeks ago and suffered for 2 days with anxiety. Everyone is different though. Miss a nice cocktail or 2 for sure but, not worth it the next day...

I’ve never been a big drinker, but I’ve drank probably 2 ot 3 times since getting off of Xanax and it didn’t leave me feeling anything the following day besides what’s expected after a night of drinking! I did seem to feel extremely tired though each time I drank, after a very small amount?

I’ve never been a big drinker, but I’ve drank probably 2 ot 3 times since getting off of Xanax and it didn’t leave me feeling anything the following day besides what’s expected after a night of drinking! I did seem to feel extremely tired though each time I drank, after a very small amount?

Everyone is different I suppose. I had 2 small glasses of wine last week and felt like crap the next day! In stage 7 of taper using Valium plan.

[High anxiety and flu-like symptoms, along with the guilt.]

I used to be a weekly social drinker and NEVER had hangovers pre-taper. Alcohol messes up my GABA bad the next day but, to feel 3-4 hrs of normalcy when sipping/drinking is so calming! Not gonna try that again until I'm 100% healthy and healed in the brain.

Mlissav,

It's amazing how you recovered so fast and happy for you.  I'm getting close to 4 months out and can't wait for that day to come.  Thanks for sharing.

Ty so much! On the 28th of Jan, will be 5 months free of Xanax!! There’s no better feeling ❤️ Congrats on your journey, you are almost there!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Your story is very reassuring and thank you so much for sharing. It gives me a little more hope than I had. Question about the CBD oil, does the kind you take contain any THC? I'm new to the CBD oil and I've heard a few things. I'm apprehensive about taking it because for me weed makes me extremely paranoid and I"m guessing it's the THC in it?? I haven't touch the stuff in years since my younger experimental days. I'm just wondering if CBD is appropriate for people who can't tolerate weed. I'm wondering if the trace amounts of THC that could be in CBD oil  would have any effect at all?

Thanks!

~UM

So the CBD I use has no thc. It just has a great calming effect for me. During my initial WD.. sleep was awful. This immediately calmed me enough to get more than enough sleep. CBD has different effects on everyone, I still use it to this day. I also get severe paranoia, anxiety, etc from marijuana so I can confidently say this does not have that effect at all on me. It’s definitely worth trying.

So the CBD I use has no thc. It just has a great calming effect for me. During my initial WD.. sleep was awful. This immediately calmed me enough to get more than enough sleep. CBD has different effects on everyone, I still use it to this day. I also get severe paranoia, anxiety, etc from marijuana so I can confidently say this does not have that effect at all on me. It’s definitely worth trying.

Which brand do you use? I'm apprehensive concerning who I buy this from. Thank you!

Also, I haven’t mentioned it yet on any thread but I have a 6 year old son. During W/D I told him mommy was sick, it broke my heart to not be able to do the things I do w him on a daily basis. He is also a huge factor in my continued success. He keeps my heart and soul happy, and anytime I had a bad thought.. he made it all go away from a simple hug or kiss.

@Mlissav88

i cried when i read about your beautiful son.  It really broke my heart when i couldn't spend more time with my kids for the past 2 months, fighting my mental illness and benzo taper. I couldn't tell them the suffering im in, didn't want them to worry.  they are my driving force on path to recovery. thanks your your encouraging and inspirational words

Fisher, you stay strong for those kids. They know without telling that something is wrong with mommy or daddy. It’s our jobs to keep our heads up for them. If no one has told you, I’m proud of you for what you’ve achieved, what you have admitted and what you plan to accomplish. When it all seems like too much, just remember those little hearts and souls that are counting on you without realizing you are in fact counting on them. You will overcome your struggles ❤️