2 Months Down

[Dr...]

Well I'm 2 months into my journey off of benzos!  :thumbsup:  Just wanted to give a quick record of my experience thus far.  I took klonopin for 6 years, anywhere from .5mg to 4mg a day for panic disorder/agoraphobia.  When I got ready to quit I got switched to 5mg valium once a day for a couple of months and then went CT.  It wasn't the optimal plan for detox but that's what my doc was willing to do and it was certainly better than CT from the higher dose of klonopin.  I am still going through a pretty rough time but thanks to this forum I know that I'm not experiencing anything abnormal for the circumstances.  And that helps ease my anxiety quite a bit.  A large part of my anxiety is hypochondria so it helps to read about other peoples' experiences and remind myself that I'm not dying of all these different made-up scenarios in my mind but rather just experiencing benzo withdrawal.  It feels great to be past the 2 month mark for me because my one previous attempt to quit benzos was 2 months long.  So I'm getting into uncharted personal territory of recovery now and I expect to feel better than ever.  I can really feel myself juuust beginning to heal.  I'm very excited to continue getting my mind and body back day by day.  I spend most of the time in a kind of anxiety-induced mental fog but the clouds do part every now and then and I get some clarity, even for days at a time occasionally.  I just had 2 clear days in a row this weekend and hoping for a third today!  I have been able to work full-time, even though some days I couldn't do anything but stare at my computer screen while trying to breathe through a panic attack. Now that I'm feeling a bit better, having something constructive to occupy my mind is a great help and I enjoy coming to work.  I have had a lot of success with CBD & medical marijuana so far.  I also just started tai chi and yoga, which both seem to help tremendously as well.  Thanks for reading about this milestone in my journey and I wish you the best on yours.