Does depression make you feel like you're losing your mind?

[Fa...]

Sorry, but you force yourself to spiraling. Literally.

It gets better from the point on which you do not care any more about the overthinking!!

You are doing the wrong thing to get out of the spiral. Overdoing strategies in order not to think is like if you tell someone not to think of a pink hippo! Thats the wrong approach.

I would stop doing all the mindfulness strategies, because you are again using your brain to stop the brain, which is according to mr. einstein nonsense :laugh:

Try this: Get used to the condition of overthinking. Let it all flow! The only sentence you should react on that is: "okey, here we go again." and nothing more. No meditiation. Clean the house while your mind is overflowing with thoughts, have sex/eat/work out - anything WHILE your brain is spiraling.

You can never stop something by trying not to do it! Thats a short term effect.

I trained myself very quickly by commenting my spiraling with a cool sentence like "okey, go and panic little brain, while I am walking along that street", sometimes I added a neutral one like "the sky is blue" just to show me that it was NOT important that my brain was freaking out. Do you have kids? Imagine a child with ADHS, jumping around - would it help to tell that child to stop jumping? No! Let it run its 100 miles around the table then it gets tired and you can talk to him.

You still want to control what your brain does while your brain needs to do its job. Let it do it - while having a life. You can sit in cinema, go out and even have kind of fun while you are spiraling inside. It takes some time but then step by step the brain notices that it does not need to spiral around any more and it stops.

God. All this meditation and mindfulness have helped of course - but at some point, stop it ;D

Love,

Marigold

It gets better from the point on which you do not care any more about the overthinking!!

You are doing the wrong thing to get out of the spiral. Overdoing strategies in order not to think is like if you tell someone not to think of a pink hippo! Thats the wrong approach.

I would stop doing all the mindfulness strategies, because you are again using your brain to stop the brain, which is according to mr. einstein nonsense :laugh:

Try this: Get used to the condition of overthinking. Let it all flow! The only sentence you should react on that is: "okey, here we go again." and nothing more. No meditiation. Clean the house while your mind is overflowing with thoughts, have sex/eat/work out - anything WHILE your brain is spiraling.

I trained myself very quickly by commenting my spiraling with a cool sentence like "okey, go and panic little brain, while I am walking along that street", sometimes I added a neutral one like "the sky is blue" just to show me that it was NOT important that my brain was freaking out. Do you have kids? Imagine a child with ADHS, jumping around - would it help to tell that child to stop jumping? No! Let it run its 100 miles around the table then it gets tired and you can talk to him.

You still want to control what your brain does while your brain needs to do its job. Let it do it - while having a life. You can sit in cinema, go out and even have kind of fun while you are spiraling inside. It takes some time but then step by step the brain notices that it does not need to spiral around any more and it stops.

God. All this meditation and mindfulness have helped of course - but at some point, stop it ;D

Love,

Marigold

Got it!  I'm actually sitting at the kitchen doing some work this morning; which means talking with people on the phone.  How I am POSSIBLY carrying on a conversation, writing down information, looking at paperwork I'm discussing AND being aware of my mind spiraling all at the same time gives me an idea of just how much I'm able to accomplish all at one time. LOL!

have you ever taken 5HTP? I have some coming in the mail today but I'm thinking of waiting until Monday to try it because I don't want to risk "ruining" the weekend.  I felt much better earlier this morning, but I'm still doing decent and functioning at a higher level than I normally do.  I think having people in the house helps. It's just weird that it's Saturday and I woke up feeling better but now I'm like "what did I 'used' to do on Saturdays before all this mess?".  Like, I can't even remember!  So I've cleaned up the house, put in a load of laundry, am getting some work done and am going to maybe clean my refrigerator.  All the while my head will be spiraling.  So be it.

Love,

Marigold

Got it!  I'm actually sitting at the kitchen doing some work this morning; which means talking with people on the phone.  How I am POSSIBLY carrying on a conversation, writing down information, looking at paperwork I'm discussing AND being aware of my mind spiraling all at the same time gives me an idea of just how much I'm able to accomplish all at one time. LOL!

have you ever taken 5HTP? I have some coming in the mail today but I'm thinking of waiting until Monday to try it because I don't want to risk "ruining" the weekend.  I felt much better earlier this morning, but I'm still doing decent and functioning at a higher level than I normally do.  I think having people in the house helps. It's just weird that it's Saturday and I woke up feeling better but now I'm like "what did I 'used' to do on Saturdays before all this mess?".  Like, I can't even remember! So I've cleaned up the house, put in a load of laundry, am getting some work done and am going to maybe clean my refrigerator.  All the while my head will be spiraling.  So be it.

NOT remembering is healthy. What do you want? To get rid of the over-awareness or not?! Ask a normal human - no one can remember what he or she has done 3 hours before :laugh:

Why trying 5HTP? Reading your posts I only see a normal woman recovering from withdrawal - no need at all to take supplements?!

You cannot spring over these months of the weird feelings by taking a supplement. Instead all the wondering about side effects, effects and so on will start over again.

Yes, actually it does. And I would suggest the Benzos (Ativan) in your case, is the culprit. I'm very creative, which in concert with the intrusive thoughts, takes me in places I'd not ordinarily even imagine. Given that your mind is very powerful, it can seem as though you are in a state of crisis and are headed towards the 'point of no return'. But you are not! These are only thoughts and are only images etc.! One thing I try to do everyday, if I can, is meditate - 15-20 min. twice/daily. Can help quiet the thoughts and can help me get in touch with my saner side. If your husband could take a look at some of the videos on YouTube, for example, he'd hopefully be a bit more patient with you. But yes, I know how it can be - I've been in quite a similar situation with my wife and her in-laws. They are the ones the think I'm nuttier that a fruitcake. OMG! Nor do I have anyone to talk to . . .