how is withdrawal depression different

[go...]

See my situation is a bit complicated because I actually suffered a concussion before all this, was misdiagnosed with anxiety (when really it was my broken brain being constantly overstimulated) by the time I saw a doctor that figured it out I was on Lexapro (which was awful) and ativan. I did a bunch of physio therapy and whilst tapering the ativan and it really felt like I had healed most of my issues. By the time I jumped I felt pretty good. But now I'm wondering will my brain even know what homeostasis is given my brain was messed up before this started. The depression doesn't feel emotional really. It just is there, hard to describe, I don't have those feelings that I'm worthless, or lifes not worth living or that I'm a burden and everyone hates me. It's literally just I feel stuck in my broken body and my mind if breaking because of it. Also that inability to feel any comfort or comprehend anything. I'm so shot physically the days just role into one because I have no variation and can't do anything. That sounds great, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out for sure!

I just feel constantly uncomfortable. I enjoy nothing whatsoever. Its so tough getting through the day. Even when I was sick with fatigue and nausea I could lie in bed and watch stuff. Now I don't know what to do because I can't process anything. I don't know what is the depression and what is the depersonalisation. Either way distracting isn't working anymore.

• 2 months later...
I know this thread is relatively old, but I am having the same problem as you, gooner. I can't tell if I just have depression and would have it regardless of going off Klonopin or I am depressed solely because I am healing from this awful medication. I am pretty functional still, but I know I wasn't this depressed last summer or before starting the meds. When does this let up? I'm 4 1/2 months since quitting. At what point do ADs become the only option? I really don't want to take other pills after my experience with Klonopin, but I feel pretty terrible, and I'm not sure if I'm ever going to heal naturally.