Compounded liquid clonazapam felt like placebo-posting here for more views

[Sc...]

Hi Scardie,

You can totally do this!!  I’m using the liquid titration method Bella offered as a suggestion to me a while back.  I was confused at first but now that I’ve got it figured out, it’s sooooo easy!  I’m on my 5th day, and was scared to start.  It’s going really well! 

I want to encourage you that you CAN do this and you’re not alone  :smitten:  I understand and relate to the fear you have about tapering, I really do.  It’s worth it to give liquid titration a shot, your OWN mixture, especially if the pharmaceutical compounds aren’t feeling right for you. 

All you need are some supplies (I got mine on amazon) and to learn how to do the mixing and some faith that yes you CAN do this.  And you already have us here supporting you! 

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help and feel free to PM me :hug:

Love,

Uni

PS - There is no guarantee that you’ll even experience bad withdrawals.  Everyone is different.  I’m doing this after a c/t nightmare and not feeling any withdrawal effects now. 

Hi Scardie,

You can totally do this!!  I’m using the liquid titration method Bella offered as a suggestion to me a while back.  I was confused at first but now that I’ve got it figured out, it’s sooooo easy!  I’m on my 5th day, and was scared to start.  It’s going really well! 

I want to encourage you that you CAN do this and you’re not alone  :smitten:  I understand and relate to the fear you have about tapering, I really do.  It’s worth it to give liquid titration a shot, your OWN mixture, especially if the pharmaceutical compounds aren’t feeling right for you. 

All you need are some supplies (I got mine on amazon) and to learn how to do the mixing and some faith that yes you CAN do this.  And you already have us here supporting you! 

Love,

Uni

PS - There is no guarantee that you’ll even experience bad withdrawals.  Everyone is different.  I’m doing this after a c/t nightmare and not feeling any withdrawal effects now.

Wow, thanks for the support. I’m so glad to hear it’s going well for you! Making my own liquid may be a feat to overcome for sure. Then are you saying your using Jim Hawks charts after making your own liquid? It’s so hard to tell with the pharm compound. I may give it a bit more of a chance & if it keeps going weird, then make my own for sure or start out dry until my dose is lower. I’m very intimidated to make my own liquid & take so many daily doses, it’s hard to say if liquid @ this point is my answer. Thanks so much I will keep in touch :)

Hi Scardie,

Love,

Uni

Wow, thanks for the support. I’m so glad to hear it’s going well for you! Making my own liquid may be a feat to overcome for sure. Then are you saying your using Jim Hawks charts after making your own liquid? It’s so hard to tell with the pharm compound. I may give it a bit more of a chance & if it keeps going weird, then make my own for sure or start out dry until my dose is lower. I’m very intimidated to make my own liquid & take so many daily doses, it’s hard to say if liquid @ this point is my answer. Thanks so much I will keep in touch :)

Yes, I’m using Jim Hawk’s charts for the daily amounts.  It’s very easy, once you get the hang of the liquid mixture.  It’s helping me so much, Scaredie.  I’m a week in and have had some inspiration return, which I hadn’t felt since c/t back in February.  I previously tried dry, using a scale but it was not as precise.  Also, I’m taking it twice daily. 

How many times a day do you take it?

How is it going with the compound you have?

Hi Scardie,

Love,

Uni

Yes, I’m using Jim Hawk’s charts for the daily amounts.  It’s very easy, once you get the hang of the liquid mixture.  It’s helping me so much, Scaredie.  I’m a week in and have had some inspiration return, which I hadn’t felt since c/t back in February.  I previously tried dry, using a scale but it was not as precise.  Also, I’m taking it twice daily. 

How many times a day do you take it?

How is it going with the compound you have?

So happy for you.

When you say inspiration return, do you mean you feel better mood wise or simply inspired that you have a new taper approach?

I’m suffering from treatment resistant depression too,so always curious.

What dose did you start your taper from? Including dry & liquid tapers & doses?

I take it 4 times a day .5 6am, .5 12pm, .5 pm, 2mg @ bed. Am allowed another .5mg=4mg/day, but have mostly stuck with 3.5mg/day.

I just realized, maybe I’ve oscilated back & forth more than I realized between 3.5mg & 4mg/day in the past few months. Wonder if that means I need to hold @ 3.5 steady with no back & forth for a couple weeks before beginning taper or what? Am trying to stay on all tablets except liquid for one .5mg taper dose, @ least to start with then switching to liquid as other .5mg are tapered off of.

Ive been so much more tired since quitting smoking though, I figured my dose became too high & thus oversedating since loosing the nicotine stimulant so want off ASAP. I was already quite tired before quitting smoking, just much worse now.

Are you taking all liquid?

Am wondering If I should dry taper more before starting liquid, since my daily dose is so high.

Considering liquid for 3rd dose & dry taper for another day dose. Not sure yet.

Tried pharm liquid again from start dose & woke @ 4:30am to go to bathroom & couldn’t get back to sleep again. Not sure if coincidence or not?

If I don’t do  pharm liquid will definitely need help with making own, but veryscared to try that.

It’s so frustrating wanting to get off ASAP, unsure of what’s causing extra sedation etc, but having to taper.

Pharmacy compound went on hold again. I wasn’t expecting to, but will be laying my fur baby to rest soon & that’s priority over all else right now, so sad. Be well :)

Scaredie,

I’m so sorry to hear about your fur baby :hug:  Good idea to hold through that.  My heart goes out to you.  In my opinion, it’s a also a good idea to stay at a consistent daily dose.  Learned that the hard way.

In terms of inspiration, I had lost all joy and interest in things I used to have a passion for.  Basically all of life just became Groundhog Day, existing but not feeling any interest or motivation/inspirations.  I had a few days that I actually felt inspired to work on projects.  So, my positive feelings are returning, even if in windows.  My positive moods are coming back. 

Like you, I’ve been told I have treatment resistant depression, as well as anxiety & panic disorder, along with many other chronic illnesses.  I now know and am confident that it is all due to benzos.  I’ve been on them for 24 years, since I was pretty young! 

In my experience, I have found  it is vital to be consistent with daily dose and times, once you find what those are for you.  It took me a bit of experimenting and now have found that taking twice a day, as opposed to once at night like I did for years, is much better for me.  Also, I was unable to stabilize at my base dose of 1mg Klonopin after my c/t experience. So an updose of .125mg was in order (held for a month) and worked well to stabilize, although I did experience more depression until I started tapering.  I’m going very slowly. 

What I’m doing currently is taking a .5mg Klonopin TABLET at 9am, a .5mg Klonopin TABLET as well as liquid titration of just the updose amount (.125mg) at 6pm.  Using Jim Hawks charts, I will be back to base dose of 1mg within 90 days of beginning this taper.  As of today I am at 1.114mg total daily dose, from 1.25mg. 

Once I am to my base dose, I will then be using liquid for big am and pm doses, decreasing from both.  Slowly and steadily.  You could always try tapering from one of your doses with liquid while still taking tablet form for the others.  Or you could experiment with titrating down tiny amounts of all of them.

I have so far only had positive improvements, since beginning the liquid titration. 

Trust me when I say, I was in a very bad place and unstable as can be.  I was terrified to begin taper but intuitively knew staying at the same dose for longer than the month I held would not serve me, as I wish to be free of this ASAP too!  It gives me a positive boost knowing I’m decreasing and accomplishing that daily.  Working toward the main goal of rididing myself of this stuff.  I dream about “the other side” daily and read the success stories, some of them make me cry.  I know it is possible, Scaredie.  It is for you too!! 

Dry tapering had a bad effect on me, personally.  So I’m really excited to have given liquid a try.  It’s much more precise and I’m no longer experiencing the surges in the morning along with a lot of other symptoms. 

If you want help making a liquid titration, I will do my best to help you.  You first need to order supplies.  After the first mixture, it’s reslly easy.  I was so scared and held off trying making my own liquid for a coupe months.  Wish I wouldn’t have, but I was intimidated by the process and couldn’t quite grasp it. 

Oh how cool you quit smoking!!  I haven’t been able to do this yet, but it’s my goal to do so!  Congratulations on that huge accomplishment and investment in your health!! 

Love,

Uni  :smitten:

Scaredie,

I’m so sorry to hear about your fur baby :hug:  Good idea to hold through that.  My heart goes out to you.  In my opinion, it’s a also a good idea to stay at a consistent daily dose.  Learned that the hard way.

In terms of inspiration, I had lost all joy and interest in things I used to have a passion for.  Basically all of life just became Groundhog Day, existing but not feeling any interest or motivation/inspirations.  I had a few days that I actually felt inspired to work on projects.  So, my positive feelings are returning, even if in windows.  My positive moods are coming back. 

Like you, I’ve been told I have treatment resistant depression, as well as anxiety & panic disorder, along with many other chronic illnesses.  I now know and am confident that it is all due to benzos.  I’ve been on them for 24 years, since I was pretty young! 

In my experience, I have found  it is vital to be consistent with daily dose and times, once you find what those are for you.  It took me a bit of experimenting and now have found that taking twice a day, as opposed to once at night like I did for years, is much better for me.  Also, I was unable to stabilize at my base dose of 1mg Klonopin after my c/t experience. So an updose of .125mg was in order (held for a month) and worked well to stabilize, although I did experience more depression until I started tapering.  I’m going very slowly. 

What I’m doing currently is taking a .5mg Klonopin TABLET at 9am, a .5mg Klonopin TABLET as well as liquid titration of just the updose amount (.125mg) at 6pm.  Using Jim Hawks charts, I will be back to base dose of 1mg within 90 days of beginning this taper.  As of today I am at 1.114mg total daily dose, from 1.25mg. 

Once I am to my base dose, I will then be using liquid for big am and pm doses, decreasing from both.  Slowly and steadily.  You could always try tapering from one of your doses with liquid while still taking tablet form for the others.  Or you could experiment with titrating down tiny amounts of all of them.

I have so far only had positive improvements, since beginning the liquid titration. 

Trust me when I say, I was in a very bad place and unstable as can be.  I was terrified to begin taper but intuitively knew staying at the same dose for longer than the month I held would not serve me, as I wish to be free of this ASAP too!  It gives me a positive boost knowing I’m decreasing and accomplishing that daily.  Working toward the main goal of rididing myself of this stuff.  I dream about “the other side” daily and read the success stories, some of them make me cry.  I know it is possible, Scaredie.  It is for you too!! 

Dry tapering had a bad effect on me, personally.  So I’m really excited to have given liquid a try.  It’s much more precise and I’m no longer experiencing the surges in the morning along with a lot of other symptoms. 

If you want help making a liquid titration, I will do my best to help you.  You first need to order supplies.  After the first mixture, it’s reslly easy.  I was so scared and held off trying making my own liquid for a coupe months.  Wish I wouldn’t have, but I was intimidated by the process and couldn’t quite grasp it. 

Oh how cool you quit smoking!!  I haven’t been able to do this yet, but it’s my goal to do so!  Congratulations on that huge accomplishment and investment in your health!! 

Love,

Uni  :smitten:

Thanks again for the thorough response, & offering to help with liquid, Uni. It is inspiring & gives me hope.Guessi need to make sure I stabilize the consistency of my current doses and get through this with my dear dog then come re read this & touchbase wth you again. I see through your signiture that you’ve had your share of suffering too, yet your here on your feet helping me. Your kindness means more than you know. Be well-best wishes that your taper keeps going your way