Who has had insomnia before benzos?

[St...]

I had a few off nights out of the blue and believed I needed 8 hours per night or else.  That started me down the Rx drug road and Benzos.  Wish I just would have toughed it out.  The pre-benzo insomnia was a bunny compared to the Godzilla insomnia beast! that you get from Benzo WD 

For real. I'm getting in some serious pain right now. My head feels like someone is squeezing the crap out of it, my teeth hurt, my brain won't shut down. Just kill me now!!

The reason you are having WD symptoms now is that your current dose of .3mg K-pin isn't doing anything to your already down-regulated Gaba.  Unfortunately the damage has been done.  Maybe it's time to jump off the K-pin?  You might only be prolonging your recovery.  .3mg isn't much anyway.  You need to decide.  Being on for 7 months can do a lot of damage to the Gaba receptors in your brain and the rest of your body.

If you are already suffering terribly, maybe consider jumping?  You won't begin to heal until you are completely off the K-pin.  Since you are such a short-term Mirt user, you could probably stop that too?  Either way your going to experience all that WD has for you.  I know that is not good news, but the ONLY way out of this mess is to get off K-pin and Mirt and let your brain and body heal.

I tried last night to not take anything. I was suffering so bad. My head gets squeezed tighter and tighter the more tired I get. I took just a 7.5 mirtazapine last night and I slept some but never feel like I've ever rested. I just wanted to have somewharnof a good time at the beach. I'm just wore down. I've been going through severe withdrawls for 6 1/2 months.

The reason you are having WD symptoms now is that your current dose of .3mg K-pin isn't doing anything to your already down-regulated Gaba.  Unfortunately the damage has been done.  Maybe it's time to jump off the K-pin? You might only be prolonging your recovery. .3mg isn't much anyway.  You need to decide.  Being on for 7 months can do a lot of damage to the Gaba receptors in your brain and the rest of your body.

If you are already suffering terribly, maybe consider jumping?  You won't begin to heal until you are completely off the K-pin.  Since you are such a short-term Mirt user, you could probably stop that too?  Either way your going to experience all that WD has for you. I know that is not good news, but the ONLY way out of this mess is to get off K-pin and Mirt and let your brain and body heal.

Hello ThEwAy2-

In case you are not aware, we have rules regarding "prescriptive" posting. It would be appreciated if you would please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community.

Thank-you

Bella

If for any reason you disagree with this, please contact us through the HELP DESK

btw- .3mgK is the equivalent to 6mgV....NOT a minuscule amount of benzo.

I started ativan because my dad was diagnosed with cancer.  I went from 8 hours per night to 5 - 6 hours per night.  Of course I thought that was a serious problem then.  My doctor told me 6 hours isn't bad but I wouldn't listen to her.  Then I went through a journey trying one med after another, went through therapy, group therapy, relaxations...etc.  Nothing helped me until I got on ativan.  It seems things have to get worse before they get better.  I've been through hell in the last couple years, and feel much tougher now, also more alive.  I can't run away from my problems, I just have to accept them and live with them.  I know quite a few people who can't sleep very much at night and they manage to keep going on.  I'm not the only person with problems. 

The reason you are having WD symptoms now is that your current dose of .3mg K-pin isn't doing anything to your already down-regulated Gaba.  Unfortunately the damage has been done.  Maybe it's time to jump off the K-pin? You might only be prolonging your recovery. .3mg isn't much anyway.  You need to decide.  Being on for 7 months can do a lot of damage to the Gaba receptors in your brain and the rest of your body.

If you are already suffering terribly, maybe consider jumping?  You won't begin to heal until you are completely off the K-pin.  Since you are such a short-term Mirt user, you could probably stop that too?  Either way your going to experience all that WD has for you. I know that is not good news, but the ONLY way out of this mess is to get off K-pin and Mirt and let your brain and body heal.

Hello ThEwAy2-

In case you are not aware, we have rules regarding "prescriptive" posting. It would be appreciated if you would please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community.

Thank-you

Bella

If for any reason you disagree with this, please contact us through the HELP DESK

btw- .3mgK is the equivalent to 6mgV....NOT a minuscule amount of benzo.

You are right...but I never said should or must.  I used the word Maybe and "You need to decide".  But rules are rules.  I won't suggest things any longer.

Thanks