• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Ol...]

• [Gr...]

• [Sa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

This is day 6 of my taper of 0.001 mg per day of Klonopin.

While my symptoms are not terrible, they seem to be slowly coming back.

I cannot believe such a small change can increase my symptoms but, over the last few days, I have lower back pain, chest is funny (not pain yet, just the burping and fuzzy feeling) and some anxiety.  Also, my blood pressure is creeping back up. 

After my long 8 week hold at 0.125mg, I had a great window of all symptoms and my blood pressure was down.  Was it the long hold or the Buspar I was trying?

If my blood pressure continues to creep up, I may try the Buspar again.  If it reduces anxiety, then blood pressure would lower.

My status of taking Buspar 3.75mg every other day...

Yesterday was a NO Buspar day and I will say, I woke up this morning with more anxiety than the day before.

Today is a Buspar day. Took in morning.  As usual, 30 minutes later, I still get a strange high dizzy feeling.  Lasts about one hour then no problems.  If anything, I think it lowers my anxiety.  Maybe a mild headache sometimes.

My chest pain seems “less painful or nearly gone” in the mornings but comes back in the afternoons.  But today, the chest pains did not come back very strong.  I am trying new things like lowering pressure on CPAP and sleeping with head up. 

But I also must remember, I had chest pains 7 months ago - before I knew about Klonopin withdrawal via BB - and that time, the chest pains also went away.

The only effects you're feeling at that dosage are placebo effects.

3.75 every other day is basically none at all.

I hear what you’re saying however at this extremely low dosage I get so dizzy exactly 30 minutes after taking it with some brains zaps.  All that soon clears up  in like 90 minutes and I have a pretty good day. That can’t be a placebo affect.  I think I’m very sensitive to it  or I have a leaky blood brain barrier.

I began this taper after an 8 week hold at 0.125mg Klonopin.

I was feeling good so I started to micro taper at 0.001 mg a day.

I cannot believe such a small change matters but in 7 days I have flu like symptoms, my back is so bad I couldn't go to the YMCA which is normally my best distraction, I could hardly walk the dog.  My chest pain is not too bad but there is something going on in my chest.  Burping is back.  Anxiety is creeping back.

SO, I WILL START BUSPAR AGAIN AND CONTINUE MY 0.001 MG TAPER.  Took 3.75 mg Buspar just now.

HERE ARE SOME REAL RESULTS OF MY BUSPAR STUDY:

So this is my second day back on Buspar (just 3.75mg in morning) and I do think it is doing something significant for me.  It is not a cure for symptoms but it reduces the symptoms enough so I can continue my taper.  Here is why I say this.

First experiment.  I was very sick with symptoms even after about 7 weeks of holding.  I started Buspar and within a week, I was ready to begin tapering again.  It wasn't a clear fix.  I still am not sure if it was the Buspar so just holding another week.

Second experiment.  I starting tapering again (after the 8 week hold just described) but I had stopped the Buspar.  The taper was only 0.001 mg per day Klonopin.  By the 7th day, my lower back was killing me, my chest was acting funny (not pain yet but funny), my burping was crazy, and my anxiety was up.  The symptoms were getting so bad I was considering stopping my taper and holding.

But first, I tried the Buspar again.  These last 2 days on Buspar have made things tolerable - good enough to continue my taper of Klonopin.

So, to everyone, Buspar is not a complete fix of my symptoms.  However, it does reduce the symptoms to a tolerable level so I can continue my taper.  I think that is very important so I can continue my progress of getting off the Klonopin.

I plan to continue this study.  Stopping and Starting Buspar such that I can continue my taper with tolerable symptoms.

Reporting in.

I am having such a good day.  Very little chest pain, almost no back pain, reduced burping, head clearer, little anxiety, blood pressure better, less fatigue.

This after two days on Buspar.  Each day seemed to reduce my Klonopin withdrawal symptoms a little.  I don't want to stay on Buspar too long in case it has its own issues.

So today is a no Buspar day but it seems like taking Buspar for the last two days is carrying over today very well.

I am able to maintain my Klonopin taper of 0.001 mg per day.

So late yesterday, after being off the Buspar for about 36 hours, my back pain did come back and my sleep was not as good.

So today I will try Buspar again.  It has been 3 hours since I took it this morning and my back pain is going away.  Interesting.

Perhaps I will alternate days of taking Buspar, all the while doing my 0.001 mg per day taper.

Hi Bob-

Great to hear that things are tolerable and the buspar is helping.  I haven’t started my taper yet after a two month hold because I am waiting to become stable from an increase in my migraine preventative.  All side effects seem to be gone or much improved EXCEPT for anxiety.  I’ve been toying with trying CBD oil but I know that it works for some and not others. Additionally it takes a while to get the dose right.  I’d like to start tapering again soon using DLMT (we’ve chatted about this  :) ) and am wondering if buspar might be able to help me get through the higher anxiety that I have.  A big part of me believes that my current dose of klonopin is actually giving me anxiety.  I had eliminated all supplements to rule out any interactions, but for now until I talk to my doc and research buspar a little more, I’m going to start taking magnesium as I’ve heard that it can be calming and we are often deficient during withdrawal.

BTW - I also experienced about a six days of chest pains last week that I attributed to my migraine med dose increase... guess it could be from klonopin too.  When I would press on my sternum while having pains it would physically hurt.  My pains seemed to make breathing more difficult almost like when you are in a higher elevation for the first time and have to adjust to lower oxygen levels. 

Hi Heather,

I too wonder if my Klonopin is creating anxiety.  This is strange because one of the reasons I would taking it was to treat anxiety but I guess anything is possible.  I will say, this so-called Klonopin induced anxiety is different from the original anxiety I had.  Hard to put my finger on it but they feel different.

That chest pain could well be benzo withdrawal.  Were you burping lots too?  My doctor said the Buspar will reduce anxiety which then relaxes

muscles which then reduces chest pain (once the muscles heal).

Today is a no Buspar day.  Woke up feeling pretty good - my guess is the Buspar from yesterday is still working.  We shall see how my symptoms due for the rest of the day.

Bob

Hi Heather, I have found Magnesium to be crucial to my healing! Some people cannot tolerate it, it definitely loosens up the old digestive tract (Doesn't everything these days??) Anyway the best one i have found is Magnesium Glycinate by Pure Encapsulations, I get it at my ND but you can get it on Amazon. It seems to be the most easily digestible one I have tried.

I have stayed off Buspar for several days.

Instead I am trying Magnesium for last 3 days.

For whatever reason, my symptoms have been very light the last 3 days.

I am still tapering 0.001 mg per day Klonopin.

My symptoms are mild - they are there and I tire easy - but no horrible.

It is like I took Buspar just when needed for a few days and I was straighten out.

I also added magnesium and I think that is reducing my symptoms and helping with sleep.

Love my Magnesium!!

I also just got a Magnesium lotion. It seeps in through your skin I guess. I wonder if people who can't tolerate Mag could use the lotion?

Yes, Magnesium really does seem to help.

The lotion, do you like it better than the pills or do you take both the pill and apply the lotion?

;)

Something about this thread had me laughing so hard it felt good.

Thank you Bob, Green, and all those that responded.  I needed this.  I think I would stay clear of Buspar!

We all have enough problems just coming off the Benzo's. LOL

The magnesium really helps me with anxiety. 

The best to all    :smitten:

The lotion, do you like it better than the pills or do you take both the pill and apply the lotion?

Well I just got it yesterday and used it last night. Woke up this morning with the worst diarrhea but I don't think it is related . I know Mag can cause that for sure but I can't imagine the lotion would cause that? Anyway, when I try it again I will not take the pill that day for sure. Gonna give it a few days though, today has been uncomfortable to say the least.

Well I just got it yesterday and used it last night. Woke up this morning with the worst diarrhea but I don't think it is related . I know Mag can cause that for sure but I can't imagine the lotion would cause that? Anyway, when I try it again I will not take the pill that day for sure. Gonna give it a few days though, today has been uncomfortable to say the least.

This happened to me as well with magnesium.  I had the WORST diarrhea and I'm pretty sure it was related.  I did not take it again. 

GreenCup - A thought for you on magnesium - Maybe you took it on an empty stomach and took too much of it? 

I am a 175 man and I cut the pill so I only take 30% RDA and I do think it is helping me so very much.  I slept 6 hours straight last night.  Typically, I only sleep 2 hours at a time.  I am so happy I just want others to have this blessing.

I feel the same about Magnesium, when I first started it I wanted to shout it from the rooftops because it made such a difference in how I felt. One of my terrible symptoms is nausea and after I started taking it that went away for a long time. I then read that one of the symptoms of Magnesium deficiency is nausea and it all clicked. Well I still get nausea from time to time but I think it is way lessened because of the Magnesium. Unfortunately a lot of people here cannot tolerate it so I stopped recommending it to people but I definitely love it so much!! Diarrhea sucks though, yesterday was awful. It seems to have gotten all out now! I skipped my Mag dose yesterday but will probably start again today. Bob, I'm so glad it is helping you so much!!!

Not yet! But I will. I really don't think it had to do with the D* because I learned that the reason you can get D* from Mag is if your cells cannot accept the extra Mag then it gets discarded into your colon, but if you are using the lotion then any extra would be discarded into your urine. But I could see that if you used the combo then the pill one might get discarded faster. Anyway, I will try it again in a few days, I couldn't handle another whole day of D* right now  :laugh:

I'll let you know how it goes!