2nd night of No Sleep! I give up!

[Ma...]

Mark,

If drinking Nyquil really helps you sleep then I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to keep taking it. What little damage it could potentially cause might be offset by any sleep that it provides. As your GABA receptors come back on line you can back off the Nyquil. Usually an OTC drug like that does very little to help with withdrawal insomnia. Hopefully you are not taking a huge dose to knock you out. That might create worse issues that a few nights without sleep. Good luck.

Aloha,  what is IN Nyquil?  I thought it was benedryl and alcohol?  It can't be if you are saying it is ok, tho.

Never tried it for sleep so am curious.

Mark,

If drinking Nyquil really helps you sleep then I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to keep taking it. What little damage it could potentially cause might be offset by any sleep that it provides. As your GABA receptors come back on line you can back off the Nyquil. Usually an OTC drug like that does very little to help with withdrawal insomnia. Hopefully you are not taking a huge dose to knock you out. That might create worse issues that a few nights without sleep. Good luck.

Aloha,  what is IN Nyquil?  I thought it was benedryl and alcohol?  It can't be if you are saying it is ok, tho.

Never tried it for sleep so am curious.

BarbaraAve,

Nyquil:

Active Ingredients (in each 30 mL) (Purpose)

Acetaminophen 650 mg (Pain reliever/fever reducer)

Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg (Cough suppressant)

Doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg (Antihistamine)

If you absolutely need to take something, even if it turns out to just be a placebo, then there are much worse things to take than Nyquil, at least in my opinion.

I been taking a half a dose, not even full for sleep, but its the Cough Nyquil it helps my cough plus it dont have the fever reducer stuff in it that messes with the kidneys

Last night I took it at 1am, I had some sleep from 2-9am but woke up still a few times

I been taking a half a dose, not even full for sleep, but its the Cough Nyquil it helps my cough plus it dont have the fever reducer stuff in it that messes with the liver

Last night I took it at 1am, I had some sleep from 2-9am but woke up still a few times