Stiffness and joint pain

[Be...]

Hi,

I've been experiencing increasing stiffness in my body along with pains in my ankles, knees and back.  It is really hard to get moving in the morning.

I read on the Ashton Manual that these symptoms are also possible, but I haven't seen any posts on here about it.  I'm not sure if this is a direct result of the benzos or an indirect result of not moving as much. 

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and what are you doing about it?

Thanks...

Yes, especially ankles, shoulders and back. I have never had ankle pain before so that’s a weird one for me. I have put on some weight that may have something to do with the pain also. Food is calming. I also use a heating pad. Stretch as much as possible. It’s hard to get the motivation to move. I Take 800 ibuprofen occasionally only if pain is really bad.

For a long period during my taper and after I felt like a 90 year old - all my joints incredibly stiff.  It's a lot better now, plus I take a boron supplement which has helped my stiff and painful knees immeasurably.  It's a trace element.  A friend told me their hospital consultant had suggested it for arthritis.  As I'd tried every conceivable supplement under the sun for my knees, with no success - it was great to find something which worked.  I've since recommended it to a few people who've also been helped by it.  Plus - it's cheap!  ;)