MTHFR support group

[Fl...]

yes

Can you summarize what MTHFR people should do? It is difficult for me to try to read through and make sense of it all.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [Ba...]

• [jo...]

• [Co...]

This site will give you more information on the MTHFR gene mutation than any one I know of.  http://mthfr.net/

It is a very complicated process to deal with this problem. I do not take B vitamins. They seem to cause me problems such as anxiety.

I am going to try very small doses again and see if I get some benefit. I tested positive for heterzygous for the C677T gene mutation. It is a subject that you can get lost in very easily so I am just trying to eat foods that contain high amounts of B12 and Folate.

I have quite a few mutations , and am just starting to see if I can address some of them while tapering. I think my detox pathways are not working well and that is complicating my withdrawal

what I am doing to support methylation, and this is still experimental for me is -

taking TMG ( you can get in on Amazon) its an alternative methyl donor to B vitamins. I' m trying between 200- 500 mgs a day

I bought Amy Yaskos All-In -one  multi vitamin . She developed it as a supplement for people with Methylation issues , but its very gentle , and she says it should keep methylation happening , but not too aggressively. I'm starting at 1/2 a capsule. it has really low doses of everything.

Amy Yasko in case you don't know is well known in the field of genetics and methylation.

I feel these two things may be helping me .

I'm also doing coffee enemas fro my liver! I just use  1 tsp rather than the recommended 2 tbsps. I find them to be amazing, i am very sensitive to caffiene and I can handle these.

It is complicated thats fro sure! I also had my  23andme genetics transferred to  Selfdecode.com , it's $50 year , but it is very comprehensive. A bit hard to get around the site , but you can look up anything and find out what  your "fixes" are for your mutations . and all the snps.

MiYu

Omg my brain is going to explode. I can't wrap my head around all of this.

Six months ago I was a "normal" person and today I am someone that's reading that I may need to do coffee enemas??!!!  Seriously, someone wake me up from this insanity.  (Yeah, it's 3am and I am having a VERY rough night)

[d2...]

Omg my brain is going to explode. I can't wrap my head around all of this.

Six months ago I was a "normal" person and today I am someone that's reading that I may need to do coffee enemas??!!!  Seriously, someone wake me up from this insanity.  (Yeah, it's 3am and I am having a VERY rough night)

One step at a time  dont overdo the research. Will trigger even more anxieties

Low doses at start  of all these B vitamins, Zinc, B6(P5P)  B12 (Methyl version)  gluthinone  ( all helped me balance things )

just simple adjustments to start, OK  till you find someone

to help with understand it all

Truly many people live long normal lives even with the Mthfr mutations

without any adjustments

:smitten: