You Will Be YOU Again! And This Will All Be In The Past. I Promise You.

[Ro...]

This is an inspiring story, I needed this today… thank you for sharing. I’m 13 days since my last pill and each days is a struggle with hopelessness. Can you or anyone tell me what you did for sleep? I’ve gone 4 days and lost over 20lbs in 3 weeks… My concern is my doctor has me on Ambien CR 12.5 MG at night to help me get some rest now, but will that interfere with my benzo withdrawal? The doctors can’t seem to give me a straight answer or understand what I’m going through.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your success story.  We all need to hear from someone doing really well now so we can believe we will feel that way that way too.  Again, thank u! :)

Root1839-

What a wonderful success story.  It's not the first time I've read it, but today is a day I really needed to see it again.  You have given me renewed hope.

God bless you and your family.

Angel

Lovely story. I was also a short term user but can't taper as fast as you. Congrats! You're story is a great one and I'm excited to be where you are.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All - just wanted to stop in to offer some courage and hope. You may be happy to know that I don’t think about “Benzos” even a little anymore, and that it how It will be for you. I haven't revisited benzobuddoes.org in almost a year because I simply don’t think about it, though I will try to pop in more often to offer encouragement; my wife and I both have demanding jobs and we have 2 small kids, so “free time” is virtually non-existent. I was recently reminded of my 1.5 years from hell as I reflected on Thanksgiving about what I’m truly grateful for. I “jumped” just over 2 years ago now and I continue to be 100% normal since writing my success story! 

I didn’t see how my symptoms would ever disappear, they were so crazy and I’m still in disbelief that the medical community allows people to take these life-altering drugs. And I do say life-altering because it during withdrawal it changes your life for the the absolute worst (understandment) for many to point of not wanting to live it anymore, though after it’s all over (which will happen) you really do come out an even better person. Some of my last symptoms were almost a PTSD feeling that was very real; but even that faded 100%. Now when I see photos of myself during the time I was in the depths of hell in 2016, I have nothing but gratitude for myself and my family, that I was able to fight every second of every day and we came out with other side, more than 100%!

And to give some further context to my statement about “being normal”, I drink alcohol without any fear or constraint of stirring up benzo withdrawal symptoms, they just arent a part of my body or brain operations anymore. I also recently (few months ago)  got back into the occasional recreational marijuana usage (once a weekend). It’s something I clearly stopped doing at all when I slipped into the dark world of benzo withdrawal, so it feels really good to not worry about the insane daily anxiety of withdrawal being amplified with the potential anxiety from smoking a little pot here and there. Anyway, that was sort of a tangent, but those recreational things were not even important for me to regain, I just wanted to feel normal again. Don’t get me though, there are plenty of non-substance related recreational things - like travel, reading, working out, playing with my kids, going out to dinner with my wife - that I now am fully able to enjoy! I guess what I’m saying is that not only did I get to feel 100% normal again, but I also eventually felt comfortable again with doing those 2 chemical-induced recreational things again as well.  As I started to feel better, those were things I thought about and still didnt believe I’d be able to fully enjoy those again.

Anyway, hang in there everyone! Keep the hope alive because it’s all worth it! It really is. You are not fighting for a maximum of 50% or even 90%. 100% is what the reward is and it might be closer than you think. I personally don’t believe in the notion that “you don’t start healing until you’re fully off”; you are healing as you taper down, but you have to keep pressing that dose down and I do believe that you just eventually have to “jump” or “step” to rid your mind and body from the pure poison.  The only way to fully heal is to never tough those things again. You will fully heal and I strongly believe that there are ways to help you’re body do that, through supplements I’ve discussed in prior posts. 

You will be 100% you again. You will be 100% normal again, and even then some. I promise!

Root1839

Thank you Root189! 

What a great post for the Thanksgiving weekend.  So happy for you and us, gives us lots of hope.

Mary ❤️☮️🙏

Thank-you so much for your reply. It means a lot that you took the time to write this. I will be doing a slow taper under medical supervision. I will also be working with my intetgrative medicine doctor and continuing with my supplements. I was put on clonazepam for PTSD and only took it as directed, little did I know the harm it was doing. Our backgrounds are very different, yet the journey is similar for all of us. I am going to take your words to heart and either print it out or link back to the resources you gave me.

Thank-you again. I am just learning how to navigate this page.

Imaginal

• 2 years later...
Hi thank you so much for posting your success story and follow ups. This gives me hope that I can come out the other side 100%, if not better. Quick question, in your previous post you mentioned you had tinnitus. I have this now and it’s unrelenting high pitch ringing in both ears. It is the most bothersome physical symptom for me. Would you remember when your tinnitus went away? Thanks for your time.