GOING THRU TAPERING & WITHDRAWAL ALONE

[ga...]

Ack, Joan, you do not want reduced kidney function.  Hope you are ok in that department.

Oh, gotcha, so the phenobarb did not help and now you on raft of meds.  I tell you, these drs. are just amazing(ly bad).  SIGH.

Agree, it is so useful to be on BB altho I have probs finding where I left off.  Some of the folks on here incredibly knowledgeable; others incredibly supportive.

:)

Hi Barbara, my kidneys are GREAT! This is wonderful news that I've so badly needed, considering how long I've been a polyRx victim who USED to be clueless about all these drugs. The complete urinalysis came back normal, as did my bloodwork, too. I'm just grateful for anything good right now, especially since it seems like I'm one of the minority group of benzo users who have acute sxs for well beyond the acute phase of WD. I attribute it to the doctor's "treating" me by having me CT off the clonazepam after over a decade of 1 mg, every single night, and what I now realize was tolerance WD in the last six years. I'm heading into Month 5 this week and still have a list of severe sxs as long as my arm. I woke up today with a rash on the front half of both feet and also on my right hand and face. I've been researching all day but not sure what it could be.

How are you doing? Better, I hope. :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Ol...]

• [jo...]

• [ga...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi garden lady....

Am totally alone with no friends or family in my corner!

Am living with my 10 year old son.Its so hard to connect to him :(

I seem to crave adult connect.Am sorry for those of us with no support network xx

Hi, I was wondering if Medicare (not caid) ever provides home health care for those homebound.  I read they do but a dr. must recommend it (uh, where does one find such a dr?  Certainly not the ones who say a drug can't cause major CNS problems)?  If you live alone would be nice if occasionally you were looked in on.  Read that Medicare  can provide social services??

• 2 weeks later...

I posted under Tapering Withdrawal or some topic--  but I really do not see anybody, all alone, no family, no friends, nobody to count on, getting off this stuff.

I don't see it in fb groups either.

Many have kids, or parents, or close friend, or husband or somebody who helps at least sometimes.  To be so unable to function and vulnerable...  alone it is not doable I don't think.

In over a year I have gone sideways... clon to valium, but that is it.  Sleep is my primary problem before benzos, and would be after them,  hence the ambien, which apparently prevents healing, but what can you do???

Whole thing sucks.  And I don't see a way off.

• 1 month later...

Barbara,

I'm so sorry that you are all alone. I have no advice but just offering words of support. This whole thing is like a crazy nightmare that no one understands unless they are going through it. I am so thankful for this forum. I have a therapist and I talk about this community all the time like you guys are my friends even though I have never met anyone in real life! Is there a chance that you could see a counselor or therapist? I know it costs money and also involves leaving the house, but some therapists will see you over Skype if necessary. It would be nice for you to have someone on your team, in person. Sending healing thoughts!

Yes, I have FaceTimed with my therapist a few times when I just wasn't well enough to leave the house. It felt a little weird at first but then we settled in and it was great. My friend who lives in France also Skypes with his therapist because he couldn't find a good English speaking therapist there and even though he speaks French, his naive language is better for therapy. I hope you can find someone! Mine is such a huge help for me.

I was seeing a little therapist intern a few times before the mirtazapine fiasco hit and got into horrible withdrawal.

After you miss a few times they can't do it by phone (not skype).

Starting with someone new, in person, not sure I can do.  Everything is too hard.

But it's a good idea, esp if you knew someone to begin with.