Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Unfortunately the Las Vegas tragedy will create new benzo buddies

[id...]

I don't know if this is meaningful to you but at some point I started downloading sound effects records, to listen to the different rain sounds. It was very soothing.

Thanks for the suggestion, actually.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Es...]

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [Fl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is meaningful to you but at some point I started downloading sound effects records, to listen to the different rain sounds. It was very soothing.

i do have some of those rain sounds on my clock/machine but actually my brain is still too sensitive for those kinds of sounds. it freaks out my brain. i can't even have my air purifier going all the time. i have to actually keep it off most of the time unless though leaf blowers are out and around -- their stupid fumes literally get into my house.

but thank you for the suggestion drad dog. i know when i am able to listen to those sounds, i will be much better.

But yes, who knows. I do believe that a lot of our emotional makeup gets sort of formed before we're 10 years old or so. It can always change, of course, but a lot of those early experiences and preferences tend to form pretty strongly in childhood

well we are all in a theta brain wave state for the first 7 years of out lives. so lot's of stuff gets programmed and stored in there those first 6-7-8 years.

i do have some of those rain sounds on my clock/machine but actually my brain is still too sensitive for those kinds of sounds. it freaks out my brain. i can't even have my air purifier going all the time. i have to actually keep it off most of the time unless though leaf blowers are out and around -- their stupid fumes literally get into my house.

but thank you for the suggestion drad dog. i know when i am able to listen to those sounds, i will be much better.

But yes, who knows. I do believe that a lot of our emotional makeup gets sort of formed before we're 10 years old or so. It can always change, of course, but a lot of those early experiences and preferences tend to form pretty strongly in childhood

well we are all in a theta brain wave state for the first 7 years of out lives. so lot's of stuff gets programmed and stored in there those first 6-7-8 years.

That's very tough. How do you respond to music?

if it's music that i love or a song that i love i can turn it up as high as it goes. very different. doesn't bother me at all. it's the vibration mostly on those radio sound machines. there are times when the fair is happening here where i live and i can hear and feel the bass sound and it really bother's me. you know how loud music from far away -- you can mostly always hear the bass sound more than anything else. it's very bothersome. but music i love is a whole different experience.

That's very tough. How do you respond to music?