Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Unfortunately the Las Vegas tragedy will create new benzo buddies

[id...]

The guy had a screw loose

He also had another concert targeted

The more I read the more I'm thinking he was insane?

If he were truly mentally ill I think we would have heard something about a history of that by now, as much as his life is being scrutinized. I think it would be pretty rare for a guy in his 60s to suddenly snap.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Es...]

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [Fl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Wide-scale prescribing of benzos and a near unrestricted sale of fire arms in some states is a very bad combination. I guess that some would say that if the Las Vegas shooter did not have access to assault rifles with 100 round magazines, he would have broke his room windows out and hurled a stockpile of rocks out toward the crowd below  :idiot:

Wide-scale prescribing of benzos and a near unrestricted sale of fire arms in some states is a very bad combination. I guess that some would say that if the Las Vegas shooter did not have access to assault rifles with 100 round magazines, he would have broke his room windows out and hurled a stockpile of rocks out toward the crowd below  :idiot:

If you are being sarcastic,  I will step off here.  If you are not, can you explain better what you mean, Fla?  WBB

If you are being sarcastic,  I will step off here.  If you are not, can you explain better what you mean, Fla?  WBB

I do believe that too many benzos are being prescribed and that something needs to be done to restrict access to the type of guns and magazines used in the Vegas shooting. I was being sarcastic about the rock thing. Some people refuse to believe that guns are the problem and that crazy people will use any weapon available to them if they did not have a gun. I will take the rocks scenario over what actually happened a thousand times over.

This particular mass murderer will lead to endless speculation about HIS motive(s).  I recall posting something similar to this years ago: http://www.newsweek.com/white-men-have-committed-more-mass-shootings-any-other-group-675602. -- white guys perpetrate this -- they will also have to resolve this, IMHO.  WBB

What do you mean by white guys will have to resolve this?

This particular mass murderer will lead to endless speculation about HIS motive(s).  I recall posting something similar to this years ago: http://www.newsweek.com/white-men-have-committed-more-mass-shootings-any-other-group-675602. -- white guys perpetrate this -- they will also have to resolve this, IMHO.  WBB

I would take this to mean that our predominately white male republican congress members need to finally get out from under the thumb of the NRA and pass some stricter gun control legislation. As a white male, I take no offense to this statement.

I would take this to mean that our predominately white male republican congress members need to finally get out from under the thumb of the NRA and pass some stricter gun control legislation. As a white male, I take no offense to this statement.

As I white male, I take no offense to that statement, either. I find the state of Nevada kind of odd, because their gun control laws are extremely lax, yet they are cracking down on prescribing psych drugs, and their police is very tough. I'd never been to Las Vegas, but despite the Rx drug controls,  I imagine the place is abundant with alcohol, psych drugs, other drugs, and God-knows what else. They probably have drugs in Vegas that most people who take multitude of drugs have never even heard of! It's a state that is at odds with itself, and it is the "ecosystem" there that may be conducive to problems like this one. And all it takes is someone extremely angry and cunning who is living there and taking advantage of all the loophooles in the system to his advantage.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-las-vegas-shooting-20171002-story.html

Black men murder exponentially more people than white men, they just don't usually do it en masse. Who is supposed to solve that problem?

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country but it's murder rate is through the roof. If you want to solve the mass murder issue you get to the root cause and make policy decisions based upon facts, reason and evidence, not knee-jerk reactions that make you feel better.

Well, as long as many segments of our society are making big money by profiting from the FEAR of others, very little will be solved. A lot of what we see in our world can be basically be traced to the fear and consumption model. A lot of divide and conquer strategies coupled with the fear and consumption model tend to lead to worse life outcomes for most of us on this planet.

Hello everyone,

This thread is veering dangerously close to politics and culture war territory.  We've allowed the thread to stay open so far, but if bickering continues and we get reports, we will lock the thread.  We cannot allow threads like this to disrupt the forum.

megan918

Administrator

For me I wonder why he was able to kill so many people are injure more than 500? Where the police late in their arrival?

He had plenty of virtual automatic weapons. When one jammed he tossed it and took another. And there was confusion about where he was. I think he was shooting for about 10 minutes.  This is a lot of ammunition into a massed crowd.

Come on folks, you know the rules about politics here.  Mods, do your job.  Don't reveal your bias through your in-action.  Or we'll have a little discussion about what's going on in the inner cities and why.  You don't want that.

The saddest part of this to me is this:

October 1st 2019, Introduction section.

Hi my name is ***** and, back in 2017, I lost my daughter in the tragic Las Vegas shooting, and was barely functioning for the next 3 months. I used to work as a real estate professional, but felt so anxious that I couldn't deal with life. I went to my doctor who prescribed Klonopin 0.5mg as needed. This helped with my crippling anxiety, and I was able to resume my work and even find a man I love that I am now engaged to. However, I kept getting memories of the event, and despite my doctor raising my Klonopin to 1mg/day, I feel more anxious than ever. My fiancee is just telling me to get over this and seek a therapist. I went to a therapist, but felt so anxious before going that I had to take an extra .5mg Klonopin. Somehow, I didn't feel any relief during the session. I see that Klonopin may be the problem, but why am I unable to stop it? Please help!!!!!

[bc...]

Come on folks, you know the rules about politics here.  Mods, do your job.  Don't reveal your bias through your in-action.  Or we'll have a little discussion about what's going on in the inner cities and why.  You don't want that.

PhotoBug, a warning was posted. It bears repeating:

Hello everyone,

This thread is veering dangerously close to politics and culture war territory.  We've allowed the thread to stay open so far, but if bickering continues and we get reports, we will lock the thread.  We cannot allow threads like this to disrupt the forum.

megan918

Administrator

The saddest part of this to me is this:

October 1st 2019, Introduction section.

Hi my name is ***** and, back in 2017, I lost my daughter in the tragic Las Vegas shooting, and was barely functioning for the next 3 months. I used to work as a real estate professional, but felt so anxious that I couldn't deal with life. I went to my doctor who prescribed Klonopin 0.5mg as needed. This helped with my crippling anxiety, and I was able to resume my work and even find a man I love that I am now engaged to. However, I kept getting memories of the event, and despite my doctor raising my Klonopin to 1mg/day, I feel more anxious than ever. My fiancee is just telling me to get over this and seek a therapist. I went to a therapist, but felt so anxious before going that I had to take an extra .5mg Klonopin. Somehow, I didn't feel any relief during the session. I see that Klonopin may be the problem, but why am I unable to stop it? Please help!!!!!

So sad LF and you said this might happen. :(

Black men murder exponentially more people than white men, they just don't usually do it en masse. Who is supposed to solve that problem?

wow! i find it interesting that i got post- moderated for almost a month for saying on my blog that i was 'mugged by 3 black men" but FG seems to get away with saying that 'black men murder more people than white men".

you know, i actually just watched an episode of Scrubs that is an older episode -- maybe 8-10 years old and the black character said to Zach Braff's character -- 'we don't need to say African American anymore -- we say black now" -- if that is on TV then it's got to be something doesn't it?

things are just not fair, not right, not accurate. i knew i didn't say anything that was racially insensitive but i got penalized for it anyway. ::)

wow! i find it interesting that i got post- moderated for almost a month for saying on my blog that i was 'mugged by 3 black men" but FG seems to get away with saying that 'black men murder more people than white men".

Context is important. Although I am not a fan of censoring these kinds of things, I can see how the mention of race in an individual context might lead people to believe that the comment was racist even if that wasn't the intent. I was simply quoting an fbi crime stat.

[bc...]

you know, i actually just watched an episode of Scrubs that is an older episode -- maybe 8-10 years old and the black character said to Zach Braff's character -- 'we don't need to say African American anymore -- we say black now" -- if that is on TV then it's got to be something doesn't it?

things are just not fair, not right, not accurate. i knew i didn't say anything that was racially insensitive but i got penalized for it anyway. ::)

Hello, Prettydaisys,

Please take up moderation issues at the Helpdesk - yours was resolved exhaustively some time ago, so it’s surprising that you’d relitigate it on the open forum.

The correct way to object to FG’s post, which is indeed objectionable, would have been to report it. The BB team consists of a few of your fellow members who moderate on a volunteer basis, so we can’t possibly read every post in every thread - reports are the way to go if you see something that needs attention.

So while I’m here anyway, I’ll say that while the fact that civilian people who use assault weapons to murder large numbers of innocent people are (almost?) without exception white, middle-aged males, remarks about people of other races or ethnicities have no relevance to this particular discussion.

I suggest that everyone move on now, as this topic is on the fast track to being locked.

Thank you.

Leslie

The correct way to object to FG’s post, which is indeed objectionable, would have been to report it. The BB team consists of a few of your fellow members who moderate on a volunteer basis, so we can’t possibly read every post in every thread - reports are the way to go if you see something that needs attention.

So while I’m here anyway, I’ll say that while the fact that civilian people who use assault weapons to murder large numbers of innocent people are (almost?) without exception white, middle-aged males, remarks about people of other races or ethnicities have no relevance to this particular discussion.

I suggest that everyone move on now, as this topic is on the fast track to being locked.

Thank you.

Leslie

How was my post objectionable? I can understand that it was ofd topic, but the mention of any race has no relevance to this topic. It started to veer off track before my comment.

[bc...]

Thank you.

Leslie

How was my post objectionable? I can understand that it was ofd topic, but the mention of any race has no relevance to this topic. It started to veer off track before my comment.

White, middle-aged males as a well-documented mass murderer/shooter demographic is a valid discussion point for this particular assault rifle slaughter that occurred in Las Vegas.

If you don’t find your post objectionable, please open a ticket at the Helpdesk.

Thanks.