• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Rx...]

• [Re...]

• [Yo...]

• [Lo...]

"Depression is an illness, not a choice." - Unknown

Some people understand this, some never will.

WOW! I was just thinking that very thought about 45 seconds ago, right before I came here and here it is again!  :D  No Joke! And I had a whole scenario and dialog going in my head of some person suffering from the ILLNESS of depression and someone else trying to talk them out of it, telling them to get a grip! Very misunderstood. I feed myself with quotes and sayings that I like... but I don't believe depression is an additude and that you can positive think your way out of it.

It's very depressing when people don't understand  :'( 

• 2 weeks later...
"Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional.  Let this be a sign that you've got a big heart and aren't afraid to let others see it.  Showing your emotions is a sign of strength." - Unknown

"Sometimes we need someone to simply be there...  Not to fix anything or do anything in particular, but just to let us feel we are supported and cared about."

- Unknown

True. The less than stellar reactions of some of my family members is more to blame for my mounting frustration than the problems I'm coping with. I know that I'd react with compassion because it's always been part of my makeup. I need to accept that not everyone can react the way I'd like them to. We're all made different.

I have to confess something to you, Flicka. Can't live with the lie anymore...  :-\

That's actually actor Jim Caviezel.

But I'm not too hard on the eyes either.  :socool: