• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Rx...]

• [Re...]

• [Yo...]

• [Lo...]

"Sometimes it isn't the initiating trauma that creates seemingly insurmountable pain, but the lack of support after." - Unknown

<nod>

definitely ....for me...i agree...  It's a tragedy how much suffering can be alleviated by the simplest of kindness and compassion. Or compounded by lack thereof.

<sigh>

:hug: to everyone

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, surrounded by %@!*#!@!" - Unknown

hahah ; :) - thanks for the smiles and laugh :)

Cry If You Want To by Walter Trout

You posted some great songs.  I never heard of Walter Trout before today, but I'm very impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
For those depressed buddies accused of being "too sensitive" by others.  Just know that I know that it's too often just being perceptive and sensitivity has nothing to do with it.  %$#@! like to make out like you are weak or "too sensitive" when you are just simply perceptive to their crap.  That's what discernment is.

• 2 weeks later...

First chance today I've been able to even type (aside from one just very recent prior post to this).  Physical agony that bad.  Every moaning morning I wake up with it first thing.  It's real tough to feel positive living this type of existence daily.  If you can relate, be it physical and/or mental agony, I most certainly understand where you are at and my heart truly goes out to you.

First chance today I've been able to even type (aside from one just very recent prior post to this).  Physical agony that bad.  Every moaning morning I wake up with it first thing.  It's real tough to feel positive living this type of existence daily.  If you can relate, be it physical and/or mental agony, I most certainly understand where you are at and my heart truly goes out to you.

Yes, Ammonite, I wrote that 8/12/2017 in this thread.  Fortunately, doing much better now.  Best wishes to you.

• 2 months later...

I think a lot of people hide depression because they fear being pegged as "weak".  As if having depression means you are not "strong".  If people who do not understand real depression would only understand the inordinate amount of strength it takes getting through each minute of depression, they would never infer or refer to a depressed person as weak or not strong.  Some people think you have "given up" if you are depressed.  Oh my gosh, no.  Your mind is currently fighting a beast named depression because no mind would just readily accept depression.

I also think a lot of people hide depression because they fear they will be judged for "choosing" to be depressed or that they have an attitude issue or are not grateful.  Nobody would choose depression, that makes no sense at all.  It's never an attitude problem or issue with being grateful or not having faith either.  I understand this.  I also understand that many will never understand this.  Prayers and understanding for my fellow depressed buddies here.

Yes, right there, standing in your shoes! No one can really know what it is until they have been through it. I cannot count the days I felt I could get no further. Feels to me as though I've been infected with emotional poison I cannot get out of my system. Am truly sorry you are suffering though this moment to moment ordeal. It is a process of healing for your brain and just takes time. I've found that avoiding stress is a first priority. Also, to feel free to flop down on the bed at any time - I was bed ridden for months - not so uncommon. Our hugs and kind wishes are always there and BB support is just a click away. Really helped me when I was just hanging by a thread . . .

Yes, right there, standing in your shoes! No one can really know what it is until they have been through it. I cannot count the days I felt I could get no further. Feels to me as though I've been infected with emotional poison I cannot get out of my system. Am truly sorry you are suffering though this moment to moment ordeal. It is a process of healing for your brain and just takes time. I've found that avoiding stress is a first priority. Also, to feel free to flop down on the bed at any time - I was bed ridden for months - not so uncommon. Our hugs and kind wishes are always there and BB support is just a click away. Really helped me when I was just hanging by a thread . . .

Thank you so much for your empathy, Catt.  Hugs and best wishes to you in your suffering.  You have my empathy too.

• 2 weeks later...
Toxic people.  They tend to come out in droves when you are depressed for whatever reason.  There's a very practical reason why depressed people isolate too.  To get away from them!  Not to mention, too often they are the cause of depression in and of themselves.