Cannabis

[Da...]

This is very hard for me to do but here it goes:

I Damien knowingly promoted the use of Marijuana even though I knew I shouldnt. I was told not to do it again but did. I'm confused as to why I did this and sorry. I apologize. Thanks Colin for BB's. Much appreciated bro.

Hi D,

Thank you for the reply. Since you acknowledge the issue, no apology necessary. ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Co...]

• [cu...]

• [Et...]

[26...]

Can cause chronic depersonalization and derealization. I know so many people who say "I wish I never did that!".

It's a trigger for d/p also in the movie Numb.

I agree, it certainly can.

Keryn.

• 2 weeks later...

hey i don't want to get into a big marijuana argument but I'm like, a scientific studies addict, and there's been a lot of good research into cannabinoids in the past few years, and it all indicates that in fact cannabinoids are primarily protective in the brain.  In fact some people think that neuroprotection might be their function.  So there's a good chance pot doesn't actually kill brain cells or cause brain damage.

That's all, I just had to say that because some people were saying that it causes brain damage.  Best bet according to the best science we have so far is, probably not, and maybe to the contrary.

Which is not to say that I'm recommending it or advocating using it medically or otherwise.  That's a much more complex subject and very, very individual. 

Hello D,

You are new to the forum, so I thought I should post you a heads-up: the promotion of illegal drug use at this forum is unacceptable. You can "discuss" most things at this forum, but please refrain from the "promotion" of illicit drug use. Not only is the use of cannabis illegal in most jurisdictions, it is potentially harmful too.

Thanks.

amen to that

bravo and bravo again!!

hey i don't want to get into a big marijuana argument but I'm like, a scientific studies addict, and there's been a lot of good research into cannabinoids in the past few years, and it all indicates that in fact cannabinoids are primarily protective in the brain.  In fact some people think that neuroprotection might be their function.  So there's a good chance pot doesn't actually kill brain cells or cause brain damage.

That's all, I just had to say that because some people were saying that it causes brain damage.  Best bet according to the best science we have so far is, probably not, and maybe to the contrary.

Which is not to say that I'm recommending it or advocating using it medically or otherwise.  That's a much more complex subject and very, very individual. 

that isn't true at all

why do you post this pro-drug stuff on a forum where so many of us are trying to get off of drugs?  

it is an illegal street drug for a reason

pot causes psychosis

i am a science studies junkie too and the health hazards of pot are manifold and it hits gaba as well

protects the brain?  lol you won't remember you have a brain if you smoke MJ

Hi all,

I've moved this thread to Chewing the Fat because it seems less about withdrawal support and more about an exchange of ideas and opinions.  As long as no one is actively promoting the use of an illegal substance, then everyone is welcome to share their views.  From what I've seen of recent comments, no one has crossed the line.

Pam

Sounds like some of you are getting your information from 1950's propaganda films.

Reefer Madness..good flick....made in the 30's I think....the remake wasn't bad either...

TC

Well i live in ca where pot is legal with a prescription....I know several people who smoke it and have for yrs and ARE HIGHLY intelligent individuals.....They do not seem to have lost brain cells and one has a genius IQ ...I know 1 other and i wonder if HE has..Makes me wonder what is true and not true...I know i have read that some of these studies were done on teenagers and if they smoked pot before there brain fully developed they could have a problem.

Hi,

I think it probable that, just like benzos and most other drugs, there is great variability in how individuals are affected. It is now quite well understood that psychoactive drugs affect young people differently, and probably have consequences for the developing brain.

[26...]

That thought depresses the shit out of me bud. Now that Im stuck dwelling on morbid things I wonder what I could have been in life had I had more of a chance. What a shame. SO depressing! As a kid I had an I.Q of 127.

You still have a life and a chance.

I too, smoked pot many times back in the 90's.. was my Generation, go figure.

Keryn.

Yes, Damien.  I agree with Keryn.  You have the opportunity now to turn things around...and Lord willing, you have most of your life still ahead of you.  It is obvious that you are smart, as well as intuitive.  Your background CAN be an asset if you use it the right way.  So be hopeful...and encouraged!

~Leena

That thought depresses the shit out of me bud. Now that I'm stuck dwelling on morbid things I wonder what I could have been in life had I had more of a chance. What a shame. SO depressing! As a kid I had an I.Q of 127.

I agree with Keryn and Leena 100%......I know the person with the genius IQ  who has gone back to smoking pot smoked it for many yrs as a kid and did other stuff as well into his early forty's....He is still smart,so much so it amazes me...You have one up on him because as Leena mentioned you are intuitive and that to me  is much better than a high IQ,which BTW you probably still have one.

I would say to try to focus on positive things.....I have Wayne Dyer Cd's that i listen to everyday and do not watch news anymore and my TV is limited to positive uplifting,comedy.....I listen to a Louise hay self esteem subliminal CD every night at bedtime and i am making good progress.....Yes i have days that are better than others but the more i feed my brain with the positive the better i feel...I am growing and at 56 almost i am just starting a new life that will be wonderful....We can create the life we want anytime at any age,I CAN DO IT,YOU CAN DO IT,WE ALL CAN!!..Blessings to you!!

Legal medical cannabis saved me from benzos to a certain extent.  Its negative effects, though sometimes unpredictable, cannot even compare to the destructive, devastating ongoing bad effects of benzo addiction.  Cannabis is not foolproof, but it is not addictive... maybe causes a slight dependence on a psychological level, but overall one cannot get deeply hooked and have horrible withdrawal symptoms when the substance is not administered on a regular basis.  The way it is administered (how and how much) can affect the way it works for nerves and/or sleep.  Everyone is different.  It actually helps to promote sleep, appetite, good attitude, and can have a calming effect.  However, the first time I tried it as a legal patient, I inhaled too much and was on an uncomfortable journey for about 6 hours.  I attribute this to my system being saturated with benzos and nerve receptors being beaten to a pulp.  As my brain/body slowly recovered from the benzos, the small amount of cannabis began to have a supportive effect.  As with any alternative, reasonable use does no real harm. 

Amp

• 2 weeks later...
200% less iffy than the crappy pills being ingested.  Most pills are iffy, especially the things I see in people's med lists.  No wonder we're so sick!  8)

200% less iffy than the crappy pills being ingested.   Most pills are iffy, especially the things I see in people's med lists.  No wonder we're so sick!   8)

Ya, no need to point out I'm on a lot of meds, I guess pot could save me from a seizure huh?

As I recall, when I smoked it, I was almost hospitalized for extreme paranoia and hallucinations..also I developed a certain "Depersonalization" from it, I smoked it WAY BEFORE BENZOS OR ANY MEDS! So Nope wrong, sorry! Was on no pills at the time.

I also couldn't breath after I smoked it...so it is very very IFFY! Careful LOL.

oh lol  8)

Keryn,

And it can earn you some jail time  ;) im most states... :) and a permanent residence in jail...in many other nations....

I do agree that some of these pills suck...Klonopin..yes I am talking about you ;)

TC

Keryn,

And it can earn you some jail time  ;) im most states... :) and a permanent residence in jail...in many other nations....

I do agree that some of these pills suck...Klonopin..yes I am talking about you ;)

TC

Yes Klonopin sux! All Benzos do.

Keryn.

Medically legal here in California.  No legal patient is subject to any type of prosecution.  Doctor's recommendation overrides those issues.  8)

Medically legal here in California.  No legal patient is subject to any type of prosecution.   Doctor's recommendation overrides those issues.  8)

Cannabis sux too!

Medically legal here in California.  No legal patient is subject to any type of prosecution.   Doctor's recommendation overrides those issues.  8)

You do know there are 49 other states right  ;)....

and a buncha countries?

Doctor's recommendations...got most of us into this benzo mess  ;)

I am just kidding btw....I remember reading your story from way back....when I used to cruise through the arhcives..sounds like you are healed and doing well these days?

TC

200% less iffy than the crappy pills being ingested.   Most pills are iffy, especially the things I see in people's med lists.  No wonder we're so sick!   8)

I agree with what you say here. But at the same time, in most cases, cannabis and bad nerves don't mix.