Crazy burning all over club

[Ja...]

My burning was intense until month 11.  I began seeing breaks after that and even had a few days of very little to no burning at all.  Well, I'm back to burning all over my arms and head.  My brain and eyes feel the worst.  This has been bad again for the last 3-4 weeks.  I'm 15 months off clonazepam and all of my symptoms are horrible right now.  Burning skin is my 3rd worst physical symptom.  It feels like I've been doused in bear spray. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Po...]

• [Kr...]

• [Pe...]

Has anyone tried Alpha-lipoic acid?  I have a bottle of 200mg but read to start on 100mg and build up.  It's used with some success to great neuropathy (diabetic) and I believe some members on this board have used it too.    The burning puts me into a real panic wave, but I do get breaks from it!

Has anyone tried Alpha-lipoic acid?  I have a bottle of 200mg but read to start on 100mg and build up.  It's used with some success to great neuropathy (diabetic) and I believe some members on this board have used it too.    The burning puts me into a real panic wave, but I do get breaks from it!

I  take D3, B6, and B12.  All are supposed to help.  I have added Alpha-lipoic acid.  Have only taken two days.  I read that these should help, we will see.

Thanks for the update Popcornlady!  :smitten:  I take D3, B12 drops (and a multi of B,C,A, and once every 5 days or so another multi with C,B, Magnesium/Calcium/Zinc - all lowish dose).    I have taken B6 before and can't remember why I don't take it regularly;  I know it assists with the formation of new red blood cells, but, even when my naturopath told me to take it (some years ago) I would take it a little intermittantly (I never do exactly what I'm told - kind of go a bit intuitive - which worked well except for the zopiclone!!!!,

Keep us updated the the Alpha.  I seem to be in a window as of this morning  8), and no burning at present.  What dose did you start on?

Thanks for the update Popcornlady!  :smitten:  I take D3, B12 drops (and a multi of B,C,A, and once every 5 days or so another multi with C,B, Magnesium/Calcium/Zinc - all lowish dose).    I have taken B6 before and can't remember why I don't take it regularly;  I know it assists with the formation of new red blood cells, but, even when my naturopath told me to take it (some years ago) I would take it a little intermittantly (I never do exactly what I'm told - kind of go a bit intuitive - which worked well except for the zopiclone!!!!,

Keep us updated the the Alpha.  I seem to be in a window as of this morning  8), and no burning at present.  What dose did you start on?

I am starting on 200mg a day with the evening meal.  Lots of meds, etc don't agree with me so I am going slowly.  Will keep you updated.

Vitamin B6 you are to take NO MORE than 200mg a day.  Can't remember why.

Popcornlady    :smitten:

Thank you so much!!  I only slept 3.5 hours last night - no burning, but not relaxing either.    I don't try any more;  I seem to make it through the day, just more cogfog so have to take it slow and sytematical!  I'll sleep better tonight.

For others on this thread the 'inner restlessness' is akathisia.  I managed to get through by lots of walking (still do), lots of water, and, when watching tv or had to wait anywhere, I'd knit (or play on my phone).  Anything to detract from it!

@Popcorn lady.  I have the 200mg, but was put off by reading to start on 100mg and build up.  Someone else wrote me an said it has to be taken a number of times a day (I'll copy and paste it to you), but, li,e you, I'd just start slow.    You're brave, and if 200mg doesn't upset you I'll be brave too.  haha - I might start and do 200mg on alternate nights....... I'm so pill phobic these days!!

Thanks for the update on B6 - I probably didn't 'register' the amount we couldn't take more of, so just took them intermittantly!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten:

2Jackson - How are you doing?  Did you try the gabapentin (my Dr put me on hold rather than give it to me when I wanted it....)... My red burning hands (and nails lifting) may also be from the same thing.    More than once I thought of reinstating to a slower taper.... but am hanging in there. 

• 3 weeks later...
I've just started having problems with this in the last week. Only had minor patches of it. Now it's full on burning over my whole body when I jolt awake at 4:30am. It really sucks.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I havent posted for quite awhile and thought I would post in this burning club, since I have experienced either this tolerance and/or inter dose withdrawal symptom for a couple of years now...and considering beginning a real taper. It spreads from my inner ear and to my face itching/burning intermittently between doses like clockwork.

I had been up dosing erratically a couple of years ago, and have been down to 4mg religiously for probably a year. So Im either suffering the effects of that, or I have reached tolerance, I don't know, but I am sick of waiting.

A little input or support may help. If I thought the parasthesia would disappear one day while on 4mg, I would stay on...but I know it won't, and am scared s less to taper.

BTW I have been on Ativan for 23 years.

I have burning scalp/ face for over 3 years now. Losing hope is ever going to end.

Off benzo 3 years now and remeron 14 months still not getting better. Anxiety still very bad. Panick attacks abit better.

I would like to hear from anyone who had a burning head face and get better to give me some hope.

Thank you

Vica

I have crazy burning on my face only. I can’t use anything on it or it swells and burns and turns very red and blotchy and itches. The sun makes it worse as well. Anyone had similar?

Wow. Even after 4 months?  That’s discouraging. I’m sorry you’re suffering with this too. Definitely keeps me pretty house bound. So u think certain things with it worse?

I have not found anything makes it worse.  I think it is me, healing.  Don’t be discouraged, we are all different (similar but different in healing).

We are healing.

SaraSue  :smitten:

I have only found a couple people who say the burning goes away but even then it’s not completely. Just wish there were more success stories.

Penny, my burning goes away for 16 hours at at time now  (I’m in month 4).  It was much worse in months 1-2, so I am better.

Healing is happening.

• 7 months later...
I have burning acid itching mosquito bite bee stings in my hands arms legs shoulders face and head. It's more intense when I also have anxiety/fear/overstimulaton/and pressure. I am 6 months off Klonopin.

• 8 months later...

Still in burning horror hell. Acid in veins and surges of warm heat energy and menthol waves in nerves. My skin feels sunburn and wet and cold and bee stings on face, head, ears (actually hurt), back, shoulders, arms, legs. Sometimes this goes with electricity vibrating buzzing in body. Brain is always frying and sizzling. Terror and DR on and off but not as bad as earlier on. Lots of other symptoms. Parastheisa/Dysesthesia and the sensory stuff like hyperacusis and sounds echoing are my worst symptoms. I'm aroung 16 months off.

Not to discourage anyone, I do get windows. I've had some long ones--but then I've always had windows.

• 2 years later...

I know this is a late reply (A couple years!)  (theres so many people on here, I guess you are lucky to get one, LOL), I am in the exact same position as you, I had updosed a couple of years ago intermitently, and down dosed back to 2mg and the parsthesia in my ear lasts mostly between doses, and I dont know if it will ever go away. Ive always considered withdrawing, but I dont think after 26! years thats going to work...

Thanks

I am new on benzo buddies. I am now 17 days I think am in acute witdrawal slowly tapered off of lorazepam.  Every cut was not without anxiety and terrible burning.  It goes from chest, elbows, throat, lips and mouth.  There are moments it lifts and evenings are better.  I know anxiety makes it worse and in moments of clarity understand it is my nervous system. I eat lots of ice and popsicles.  Lol

I saw this topic and had to respond. Intense body burning was my worst physical WD symptom. It was horrific, I felt like I was on fire, or like my entire body was like a bad road rash burn. The pain was at a level of a 10 for 10-12 hours and then it would lessen a few hours and slam me again. Here is the GOOD NEWS.....IT WILL NOT LAST. As with all these crazy symptoms, it will go away. My burning gradually and slowly faded away. Now at 31 months, it may appear in my hand or back, or torso for < 3-5 minutes and then completely leaves. It kinda of went from excruciating pain, to painful to uncomfortable to annoying to nonexistent.

TIME will heal you. I am so sorry you are suffering with this pain.

Hi Cindy,

I just saw this post from years back. Thank you for your encouraging words. You have helped me in the past. I am in month 13 and still suffering with the burning brain and body so badly. It’s like having a blow torch against my head and like you said, road rash on the rest of my body. I’m so sad that things are not yet better for me. I pray that healing will come to me like it did for you.

I’m so glad you are so much better and healed. Thank you again for being so kind to encourage us.

Bless you!

🙏🌸

I am new on benzo buddies. I am now 17 days I think am in acute witdrawal slowly tapered off of lorazepam.  Every cut was not without anxiety and terrible burning.  It goes from chest, elbows, throat, lips and mouth.  There are moments it lifts and evenings are better.  I know anxiety makes it worse and in moments of clarity understand it is my nervous system. I eat lots of ice and popsicles.  Lol

Hi there,

Welcome to BB, you will find great support here.

I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with the burning. It is my absolute worst symptom. I had terrible burning during my taper and could hardly cut, so I ended up at detox which was like a cold turkey. Big mistake. Since you tapered well, you should heal well too.

I pray that relief will come for you soon!

🙏🌸