• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [...]

• [Be...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I too hope she is ok. Colin fwiw (I reckon there's not a lot you can do about it, anyway), but the SMF forums are the worst for me to ty navigate. phpBB a vB forums work just my fine, but I have the www.msntv2.com compraption and navitation really is a pain for me.

Just an FYI, that all.  Ok? :) Be well. All of of you.

I too hope she is ok. Colin fwiw (I reckon there's not a lot you can do about it, anyway), but the SMF forums are the worst for me to ty navigate. phpBB a vB forums work just my fine, but I have the www.msntv2.com compraption and navitation really is a pain for me.

Just an FYI, that all.  Ok? :) Be well. All of of you.

Hi,

Can you start a new thread, preferably on the Feedback board. I always find unfamiliar forum softwares difficult to navigate at first - why do you find SMF forums a pain in particular?

• 8 months later...
Does anyone have or had a very severe depression that just existed for you day in and day out..sometimes without thought...just your state of being that does not lift? I am worried about this as it is severe as is the dp/dr and has shut me down...I am afraid of more meds but also afraid of not treating it...and not sure it will lift...I have had it for about a year but it has become more severe and pronounced in the last 6 months or so and is not lifting...i can't walk out of it or distract or talk...it just is this heaviness in my mind and body and like I can't form a happy or positive thought...i wonder if I am seriously ill...

[0c...]

Hi pebbles, yes I had this for about 12-14 months. I found it to be a horrible bleak depression (a bit like a big black hole that wanted to swallow me up and followed me everywhere I went  :'() that just did not leave no matter what I did, although it did help a little if I just allowed myself to feel it without fretting about it. This was difficult but it was the only way I could get any relief at all.  :-\

The good news though is that it finally started to lift when I had been off benzos for about 4-6 weeks.

Take good care of yourself pebbles.

Vicky  :) 

Man...what causes the severe depression daily...I mean non-stop crying...just feeling horrible and and fogged in the head and like you have been hit by a truck...I am on lower doses and have seen no improvement with this at all...I can't even think or connect right..also other chemicals mess me up but i can't be like this...

Man...what causes the severe depression daily...I mean non-stop crying...just feeling horrible and and fogged in the head and like you have been hit by a truck...I am on lower doses and have seen no improvement with this at all...I can't even think or connect right..also other chemicals mess me up but i can't be like this...

The only thing I know of that causes those symptoms is wd.  And it's very common, most everyone has been through it, and found that the only thing that helps them go away is to get off the drugs. 

Pebbles I'm also going through severe depession right now. It isnt good. BUT I know I will get through this and that it WILL end. We just have to keep chugging along and getting off this crap. That's when we will finally start to heal. You must hang in there, we have no other choice.

Are you doing anything to occupy your mind? That really helps me out. Just doing something other then sitting and drowning in depression really helps me. I got a treadmill so I can walk on it. Most of the time it really helps me, as long as I dont push myself too hard. Reading, watching a movie, talking on the phone, cleaning the house, going outside and doing some yard work. ANYTHING at all.

You will get through this. You just have to hang in there for a little while longer.

Amanda

Depression....never had it before benzos, well to be more clear, never had it like this before valium. 

In 1989 my doc in CA put me on Prozac for MILD depression.  Wow!  That really helped  for 10 years. Then it didn't.  Quit c/t in 9-01.  No w/d, and no depression. Bored to tears from moving from a huge town in another state to a small town in MS, but not "lay in the bed someone kill me please" depression until valium. Ithas to lift as some point. It must. Maybe once I'm off the valium (currently at 19 mg) it will go away.  In the meantime, I lay on the couch, read ,and watch old episodes of Friends and ER.  How sad is that? Those shows remind me of my happy, brain healthy days.

I KNOW FOR SURE that this is valium related.  So I keep that in mind and wait (and long) for the day I will be free.

I do know this:  I will never again put an SSRI etc in my body. It may help others, but not me.  Tried it for two days in early w/d last summer and thought I'd lost my mind.  Once I'm free of valium, I am hoping that time will heal me.

Want to know what a good day is for me?  Being able to drive to McDonalds for dinner cause I can't cook anymore.

We will get better.  I have to believe that because to not thinks so would surely mean death in mind, body and spirit.  WE WILL GET BETTER!  We HAVE to!

Do you shake and feel all short of breath and tight inside and complete body spams when you are laying down...or is the higher levels of valium letting you relax a little?  Thanks and love, pebbles

Distraction. That's what I look for when i'm depressed. i don't mean entertainment. That's Ok if it works for you. The kind of distraction i need is work. Some days i feel like i am beating a dead horse (almost dead) but if i can get him to take even a few steps then i feel better. A lot of my self image is based on accomplishments. When i am depressed and it's almost impossible to move, i get even more depressed because i am not doing anything. The smallest accomplishment is huge to me at times like this. One day all i could do was stick on the car license tabs. I got them on crooked but they got there. Another day I pulled old papers out from under the bushes (and that was "it" for all day). But it gave me something to look at and think about other than how crappy i felt. I thought "Well, I got the bushes cleaned up anyway".

The other thing I do when i am depressed is to come into contact with the world around me. i mean even simple stuff like count the pieces of paper on the floor. "Anything" but "nothing" for me. i hope this makes sense.

Excellent advice, Jack. I know I feel better when I can make myself do at least one or two little things I have been avoiding because everything seems too hard.  Usually whatever it is seldom takes more than 15 minutes but at least I feel like I haven't totally lost another day.  ;D