Klonopin Liquid Titration Plan Needed Please

[Li...]

I have read the thread. Mixed results on that one. Mental symptoms don't get mentioned often. I appreciate your input. I notice you don't impart much of your own trial and error. Is that so you remain neutral and not give ideas based on your own experience? Just noticing. Thanks for everything. I have to make some choices today.

I have read the thread. Mixed results on that one. Mental symptoms don't get mentioned often. I appreciate your input. I notice you don't impart much of your own trial and error. Is that so you remain neutral and not give ideas based on your own experience? Just noticing. Thanks for everything. I have to make some choices today.

Lol.  No, it's because my taper was a mess.  I did not really learn how to taper until it was almost over.  I'm 41 months free and still struggling...an example of how not to do it.

Thanks for your honesty. I know that I have put myself in a tough spot too fast. Feeling the ramifications of my cuts. Don't want this to follow me all the way down. I know you have voiced this to me in the past. Proceed with caution should be my new name. Thanks for all your help. I am sorry you are still struggling. I thought since you had done such a slow taper that you were in the clear. I guess there is no way to tell how things pan out. I hate this. Did you ever do a long hold? Or updose?

Thanks for your honesty. I know that I have put myself in a tough spot too fast. Feeling the ramifications of my cuts. Don't want this to follow me all the way down. I know you have voiced this to me in the past. Proceed with caution should be my new name. Thanks for all your help. I am sorry you are still struggling. I thought since you had done such a slow taper that you were in the clear. I guess there is no way to tell how things pan out. I hate this. Did you ever do a long hold? Or updose?

You have control over this.  It does not have to be all that bad.  I tapered for 30 months, but I needed more.  And I didn't do it based on symptoms.  I was clueless and unguided.  I just didn't come in contact with the right people soon enough and was unable to figure it out on my own.  But we all eventually get through it.

I updosed twice and had one hold for six weeks.  But the major mistake I made was to focus on getting off.  My focus should have been to get rid of symptoms.  I pushed and pushed and did more and more damage, and here I am 41 months later still trying to repair something that was avoidable.  The way to taper these drugs is to get rid of symptoms then keep them away.  Freedom will eventually come.  The process is much too long to not feel well while doing it.  This is not drug withdrawal as we are used to thinking about it.  It is about avoiding physical CNS damage.

Thanks for your response. I was under the impression since I had not been on long I could just keep going.  I wanted off Probably a common mistake people make. These pills are poison. Today I am having a window so holding. I am just scared that if with a hold the symptoms do not improve I will have lost my window to updose to slow things down. This med has from the start sedated me to an extreme of not functioning. Too strong of a dose to start. Afraid to updose because of lethargic effect but afraid not to to control my mental symptoms. Practiced preparing my liquid titration. I may updose by .125 mg tmrw. Think .0625 May not be enough and don't want to crawl up either. Can't go higher. Just can't function well as a zombie. Thoughts? Or is this glutamate damage and hence holding would be best? Want to nip this in the bud while I have time. The SI has been so intense it scared me. First day in two weeks It has subsided. But as things wax and wane I don't want to take any chances. Catch it early well at least I think it is still early.  Ironically the physical symptoms are minimal. When did you feel the need to updose vs hold? And how long did you stay in the updose before tapering again? Probably symptom based is my guess. You are teaching me so much right now. I cannot thank you enough!  :):thumbsup: Wish I would have learned more before starting to cut. BTW cut and hold is harsh and man did my hormones feel it. Not a good way to quit benzos in my opinion.

[0e...]

Lol.  No, it's because my taper was a mess.  I did not really learn how to taper until it was almost over.  I'm 41 months free and still struggling...an example of how not to do it.

That's almost funny.  You did a bad taper; I did a c/t.  Now we both spend a lot of time telling people to do slow micro tapers.  :laugh:

Thanks for your response. I was under the impression since I had not been on long I could just keep going.  I wanted off Probably a common mistake people make. These pills are poison. Today I am having a window so holding. I am just scared that if with a hold the symptoms do not improve I will have lost my window to updose to slow things down. This med has from the start sedated me to an extreme of not functioning. Too strong of a dose to start. Afraid to updose because of lethargic effect but afraid not to to control my mental symptoms. Practiced preparing my liquid titration. I may updose by .125 mg tmrw. Think .0625 May not be enough and don't want to crawl up either. Can't go higher. Just can't function well as a zombie. Thoughts? Or is this glutamate damage and hence holding would be best? Want to nip this in the bud while I have time. The SI has been so intense it scared me. First day in two weeks It has subsided. But as things wax and wane I don't want to take any chances. Catch it early well at least I think it is still early.  Ironically the physical symptoms are minimal. When did you feel the need to updose vs hold? And how long did you stay in the updose before tapering again? Probably symptom based is my guess. You are teaching me so much right now. I cannot thank you enough!  :):thumbsup: Wish I would have learned more before starting to cut. BTW cut and hold is harsh and man did my hormones feel it. Not a good way to quit benzos in my opinion.

I'd go by the symptoms you experience as to whether you can get off faster.  It is whatever it is.  Some short term users do sometimes need to do slow tapers.

I don't know if you should hold or updose.  I don't know enough about your taper.  Usually I am slow to updose and I tend to save it for emergency situation when the symptoms are too severe.  If you are able to have a window that is a good sign.

That's almost funny.  You did a bad taper; I did a c/t.  Now we both spend a lot of time telling people to do slow micro tapers.  :laugh:

:laugh:  Yeah, ironic isn't it.  You can look at it two ways.  Either we are the best or worst people to be giving advice.  The best since we learned the hard way and know what these drugs can dish out.  The worst since we obviously made big mistakes and have never actually done a successful taper. :laugh:

• 2 months later...

I see there were replies during my inpatient hospitalization stay but they were for another individual though.  I wonder if I should make another thread but I will just explain the scenario here for now.

Upon release from the hospital in July, I was on 6 medications with highly sedative properties (Depakote ER, Zyprexa, Klonopin, Trazadone, Vistaril, Anafranil).  Now I am only on 3 medications (Depakote Sprinkles, Klonopin, Anafranil).  I am sleeping up to 14 hours per day now while on the 3 medications compared to 7 hours on the 6 medications.  The Anafranil seems to be a magic bullet for me when it comes to sleep.  Insomnia prevented me from withdrawing successfully when I tried to stop Klonopin in 2015 and when I tried to stop Depakote Sprinkles in 2015- 2016.  I am wondering if I should attempt to do a liquid titration taper of the Klonopin now while I have Anafranil as a potent sleeping pill before the Anafranil "poops out" on me...