Want to start a liquid titration off of xanax can someone please help me with a

[Ca...]

Hi everyone,

I was told to come here from one of our bb so here it goes.

I take I take 1mg of xanax 3times a day, for a about 4 years or so,

my pdoc just changed my 1mg tablets for 2mg bars to be split in half still equaling 1mg xanax a day3 times a day.

The bars are .5mg increments.

I would like to start a liquid titration without the use of alcohol and without using another benzo. Can someone please help me with a plan explaining exactly what to do because I am so confused

Hi everyone,

I was told to come here from one of our bb so here it goes.

I take I take 1mg of xanax 3times a day, for a about 4 years or so,

my pdoc just changed my 1mg tablets for 2mg bars to be split in half still equaling 1mg xanax a day3 times a day.

The bars are .5mg increments.

I would like to start a liquid titration without the use of alcohol and without using another benzo. Can someone please help me with a plan explaining exactly what to do because I am so confused

If you don't want to use alcohol, you can use propylene glycol.  Its a very common solvent/additive found in many products you probably already  use.  It's widely used in prepared food products and many Rx and OTC meds.  It's available on Amazon, or you can probably get it from your local pharmacy,or specialty food store.

You will also need a 1ml and a 10ml syringe.  They are readily available on Amazon, and most pharmacies will give them to you.  You will also need sealable containers for mixing and storage.  I just used re-purposed glass food jars, like salad dressing, pickles, olives, etc, or you can buy containers from Amazon or Target, Walmart, etc.

A 100ml graduated cylinder and a 50-50ml syringe are also helpful, but not required.

I would take 1/2 of my dose dry and 1/2 liquid. If you dissolve 1.5mgX into 3ml PG and 147ml water, you will have a dilute solution of .01mgX/ml. Divide the liquid into three doses of 50 ml each.Take this for a week or two to get used to it. For some reason a cross to liquid causes sxs in some people. You can start tapering by removing .25ml from each dose the first day and .50 ml the second day and so on. that will reduce your dose 50% in 200 days or 7.5% a month. You may find you can go faster if you  can avoid the sxs. I am a strong believer in going as slow as necessary. We dont have to suffer horribly to get off these drugs. Dont forget to take a .5mgX dry along with your liquid dose.

I'd dry cut for awhile before starting liquid titration.  At 3mg a day, I'd start by cutting .25mg from one of the doses instead.  I believe you can dry cut for a long time.  I tapered 2mg of Xanax without titration or crossing over.  It went okay until I tried to end my taper too soon on professional advice.

Just my two cents. 

I'd dry cut for awhile before starting liquid titration.  At 3mg a day, I'd start by cutting .25mg from one of the doses instead.  I believe you can dry cut for a long time.  I tapered 2mg of Xanax without titration or crossing over.  It went okay until I tried to end my taper too soon on professional advice.

Just my two cents.

Did you do the titration or just dry cuts? If you don't mind me asking what happened at the end?

I would take 1/2 of my dose dry and 1/2 liquid. If you dissolve 1.5mgX into 3ml PG and 147ml water, you will have a dilute solution of .01mgX/ml. Divide the liquid into three doses of 50 ml each.Take this for a week or two to get used to it. For some reason a cross to liquid causes sxs in some people. You can start tapering by removing .25ml from each dose the first day and .50 ml the second day and so on. that will reduce your dose 50% in 200 days or 7.5% a month. You may find you can go faster if you  can avoid the sxs. I am a strong believer in going as slow as necessary. We dont have to suffer horribly to get off these drugs. Dont forget to take a .5mgX dry along with your liquid dose.

Again I don't mean to sound dumb but I guess in a way that I am if I dilute 1.5 X and split it into 3 doses do I take all of each dose or part of it? Or do I take a little of each dose? I appreciate all of your help

Again I don't mean to sound dumb but I guess in a way that I am if I dilute 1.5 X and split it into 3 doses do I take all of each dose or part of it? Or do I take a little of each dose? I appreciate all of your help

50ml=.5mg