Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Prince

[Be...]

Benzo Girl, I was thinking of writing cnn too. If ya come across the address I will send in my two cents as well. I would so love to see this explained on a public platform. I feel discrimination all the time. Its like being in the closet sorta. And seeing is how everyone else has been coming out, I want a key to open the door too!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Be...]

• [ho...]

• [pr...]

I think the best part of that CNN show on opiods was the Baltimore police chief who started a program not to put addicts in prison but rather rehab them. I hope this program passes on to other cities. It's a disease, not a character defect. Will the world learn this? I doubt it.

Benzo Girl, I was thinking of writing cnn too. If ya come across the address I will send in my two cents as well. I would so love to see this explained on a public platform. I feel discrimination all the time. Its like being in the closet sorta. And seeing is how everyone else has been coming out, I want a key to open the door too!

Hi:

Pls call me Bets or Betsy. I have a friend who used to be a reporter colleague of mine who I call to give them tips, mainly talking to Christina Amapour in Washington. But their phone # is 404-822-1500. You can also go onto cnn.com and scroll through the pages until you will find a red box that says feedback. There is also an address there, in Georgia, as it is owned by that drunk, Ted Turner.

Oh I love it! And thank you. By the way, I thought the police chief was as real as it gets. He seemed more honest  than the docs. I trusted what he had to say and I couldn't agree more...thx again!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh I love it! And thank you. By the way, I thought the police chief was as real as it gets. He seemed more honest  than the docs. I trusted what he had to say and I couldn't agree more...thx again!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

;):)

Rickey, I enjoyed your posts, thanks for sharing.

Becks, I don't know that I could even name twelve musical instruments.  I was listening to Diamonds and Pearls earlier today, played it on loop several times.  Such a talent.  Such a loss.

:smitten:

Prince was a talent I've never seen on this earth ever.  He was out-of-this-world.  I hope they get some answers soon about what happened to him?

Hey Bets, I couldnt find anything on cnn.com for feedback. Im going to try the gal in Washington next...thx again for the info. Your a mighty strong person from.what I read here..plz dont stop participation in this board...you are an asset to all! :smitten:

Hey Bets, I couldnt find anything on cnn.com for feedback. Im going to try the gal in Washington next...thx again for the info. Your a mighty strong person from.what I read here..plz dont stop participation in this board...you are an asset to all! :smitten:

She won't return your calls. Try their NY number and ask for Greg Clarkin. Tell him Betsy from Video Business told you to call him. Don't worry (while others may heh heh), I'll stay on this forum. I just take breaks from time to time because I feel so darn good I want to get out an enjoy life. Until it hits me, of course. But thank you. :smitten:

i loved Prince too Beck.

one other thing i really loved and admired about him is years ago i read that when not playing his own music he would take out his guitar and only play Joni Mitchell tunes. i read that in the late 90's - very cool 8)

• 2 weeks later...

i loved Prince too Beck.

one other thing i really loved and admired about him is years ago i read that when not playing his own music he would take out his guitar and only play Joni Mitchell tunes. i read that in the late 90's - very cool 8)

Pretty:

That's so cool. I just love Joni............ :thumbsup:

i'm watching Anderson Cooper (CNN) right this minute and Dr. Drew is on and i guess the toxicology report came out for Prince. they said that benzo's were in the mix along with the fentanyl. that seems to always be the mixture. i don't know how i've survived this twice having that mixture way too many times in way too high amounts.

More people commit suicide on physchotropics, maybe that's just not as news worthy. Or maybe we just don't want to admit or face the truth of these awful medications...either way Prince will be missed...

i'm watching Anderson Cooper (CNN) right this minute and Dr. Drew is on and i guess the toxicology report came out for Prince. they said that benzo's were in the mix along with the fentanyl. that seems to always be the mixture. i don't know how i've survived this twice having that mixture way too many times in way too high amounts.

Pretty:

I could not find the article and anything on CNN about the benzos. Can you elaborate, please? Yes, I'm glad you survived too. Then I would never find out exactly who prettydaisys is. Does my family owning a flower shop have anything that can give me a hint? :smitten:

Bets

More people commit suicide on physchotropics, maybe that's just not as news worthy. Or maybe we just don't want to admit or face the truth of these awful medications...either way Prince will be missed...

Yes, I agree. But it is the hidden epidemic............. >:(

Pretty:

I could not find the article and anything on CNN about the benzos. Can you elaborate, please? Yes, I'm glad you survived too. Then I would never find out exactly who prettydaisys is. Does my family owning a flower shop have anything that can give me a hint? :smitten:

Bets

you know i came in on the CNN Anderson Cooper/Dr. Drew show a little late and only after my mother told me that Dr. Drew said benzo's were in the mix so i am sorry but i guess i can't be sure and sometimes my mother gets things wrong. i will ask her again and then let you know. sorry Bets.

Thursday Press release:  Prince official cause of death was accidental overdose of Fentanyl.  Opioid overdose. Someone needs to go to prison for injuring and killing people.  What a screwed up world we live in when drugs can cause such injury and death.  Now they're talking about having opioid injection clinics so ppl. don't overdose.  Give me a break.  I'm so pissed off by what happened to him, and us, too.  Big Pharma, the god-damn mass murderers of our world. THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED TO HIM OR US!!!! 

Thursday Press release:  Prince official cause of death was accidental overdose of Fentanyl.  Opioid overdose. Someone needs to go to prison for injuring and killing people.  What a screwed up world we live in when drugs can cause such injury and death.  Now they're talking about having opioid injection clinics so ppl. don't overdose.  Give me a break.  I'm so pissed off by what happened to him, and us, too.  Big Pharma, the god-damn mass murderers of our world. THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED TO HIM OR US!!!!

tell me about it! i just had a screaming match with God and the Universe for letting this happen to me 50 months out and my head is still pulling out to the left with what feels like a fucking machine in it. who the hell put a machine inside my head. i am still non functional. i am beyond furious right now -- i want to scream and never stop. :tickedoff:

I really struggled with Prince's death. I did not stop thinking about him for almost three solid weeks. I think the tragedy of another death brought about prescription medication coupled with my own PTSD from this ordeal was just too much.

Anyway, I'm commenting here, and I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread, but it seems pretty clear what happened.

When he received the narcan injection  (when his plane was diverted and he was rushed to a hospital), that would have rendered his medication ineffective for quite some time afterwards. A very common occurrence after narcan injection is the patient tries to obtain relief with opioids again but cannot, and so finds themselves needing more and more but with little relief. Often, more and more leads to too much and it kills the person, unintentionally.

That is why many people who struggle with heroin addiction who abstain for a period of time overdose when they relapse because they do the amount of drug they were tolerant too when they stopped and its more than their body can handle, as was the case with Janis Joplin.

It all makes me wonder: who prescribed his medications, and was he made aware of the effect of narcan and how it would affect his pain relief for the coming days? Perhaps if he had stayed at the hospital for 24 hours as they recommended (he left and did not stay as recommended) he would still be here, but we'll never know now.

Yes, I've been following this closely, too, who-am-I.  Your explanation is spot on.  I feel like I want to be explaining to people exactly how this could happen.  Narcan saves you yes, but it also puts you into instant, horrid withdrawal.  It's just no surprise at all people will run out and try to "fix" that, often with lethal results. 

Coming off of opioids involves withdrawal and lots of people don't even realize that's what's going on with them. My own therapist told me that my story had made her re-think what was going on with some of her other patients.  They'll suddenly be doing worse and when she says, "Now didn't you have surgery recently?"  they'll say, "Well, yes, but that was three months ago."  But they could be having opioid withdrawal effects.