Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Prince

[Be...]

I never took opiates.  I've taken nearly everything else.  I had chronic back pain, but took Flexaril and stuff like that, nothing strong.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Be...]

• [ho...]

• [pr...]

I never took opiates.  I've taken nearly everything else.  I had chronic back pain, but took Flexaril and stuff like that, nothing strong.

becks:

Good for you. I can't tell you how many times they were offered to me, but I always flushed them down the toilet and suffered instead, as I knew the pain would go way eventually.

Betsy :)

becks:

Good for you. I can't tell you how many times they were offered to me, but I always flushed them down the toilet and suffered instead, as I knew the pain would go way eventually.

Betsy :)

I've had some surgeries where I just couldn't get around the opiate use.  Bone breaking surgeries with bad bone pain, and most recently a double mastectomy with reconstruction.  I take the pain pills right after surgery because they help (you recover faster if your pain is controlled) but ditch them as soon as I can.  I can't stay on the them that long because I can't poop, so no addiction for me lol.

Well, I have that pooping problem w/o opiates. :laugh:

Oh gosh Bets so do I since being on the benzos.  I always thought I had irritable bowel before I got on benzos but as long as I ate well I was fine.  Now the benzes have wrecked my stomach.  Then when I had to take opiates a few days after surgery on top of my benzos, about 5 days after surgery I looked 7 months pregnant because I couldn't go.  Sorry TMI lol.  I decided it was time for the opiates to go and to heck with the pain.  But they got me through the first few rough days of pain at least.

I didn't think I had IBS but boy, every trip the the bathroom is an event. And most times I lose. I now have to wear my "fatty pants." I hope it goes (pun intended). Sorry we are in the same boat. Ugh! Sometimes I feel like a log is stuck up there.

Bets

i have a pooping problem since the c/t.. forever constipated. always need magneisum to help get it out.

right after the c/t i was only going once every 9 days and now it's every other day which is better but still not optimal.

CeCe  :laugh: They both begin with pee, um, "P"?  :crazy:

I just got the pee part!  :laugh: :laugh: Too funny!  :laugh:

Slow on the uptick again Ce Ce...... ;):2funny:

CeCe  :laugh: They both begin with pee, um, "P"?  :crazy:

I just got the pee part!  :laugh: :laugh: Too funny!  :laugh:

Slow on the uptick again Ce Ce...... ;):2funny:

:2funny: :2funny:  You know me too well! Already! And I just got here!    :laugh:

And hopefully won't be here as long as I have. I'll do something I have never done on BB. Read your success story. I hope it is not depressing. I can get that at home.

And hopefully won't be here as long as I have. I'll do something I have never done on BB. Read your success story. I hope it is not depressing. I can get that at home.

Man, I hope not, too. I working on keeping it positive, but some days are easier than others, that's for sure!  :P

Mine isn't difficult, but my taper has been waaay too long. 30+ months and counting. Damned my original provider. I'd sure like to tell her off in person. :tickedoff:

BTW, anymore news on Prince?? :laugh:

Mine isn't difficult, but my taper has been waaay too long. 30+ months and counting. Damned my original provider. I'd sure like to tell her off in person. :tickedoff:

BTW, anymore news on Prince?? :laugh:

I recall something about poo and possibly pee?...  I know it started with a "P"....it'll come to me, I'll let you know! :angel:

Hey sweet buddies,

Can anyone tell me what poo has to do with Prince?  Just curious..  :D  :laugh:

:laugh:  haha that's funny CeCe. i think it was because we were all talking about how opiates plug us up and wreck the tummy.

i just saw some new news on Prince, let me see if i can find it again.? :

(CNN)In an important new clue, investigators probing Prince's death have found that pills found at his compound at Paisley Park were mislabeled, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. The newspaper cited a source who said the pills contained fentanyl -- the drug that killed the performer -- but were wrongly labeled as hydrocodone. The pills may have been mislabeled by a pharmaceutical manufacturer, or the pills may have been illegally manufactured and obtained illegally.

Fentanyl is no joke; it's incredibly dangerous. It's a synthetically produced, Schedule II narcotic used as an analgesic and anesthetic. It is also considered by the DEA to be the most potent opioid available for use in medical treatment; 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine and 30 to 50 times more potent than heroin.

(CNN)In an important new clue, investigators probing Prince's death have found that pills found at his compound at Paisley Park were mislabeled, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. The newspaper cited a source who said the pills contained fentanyl -- the drug that killed the performer -- but were wrongly labeled as hydrocodone. The pills may have been mislabeled by a pharmaceutical manufacturer, or the pills may have been illegally manufactured and obtained illegally.

Fentanyl is no joke; it's incredibly dangerous. It's a synthetically produced, Schedule II narcotic used as an analgesic and anesthetic. It is also considered by the DEA to be the most potent opioid available for use in medical treatment; 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine and 30 to 50 times more potent than heroin.

So why isn't it in schedule 1? After all, pot is. :crazy:

Criteria for schedule 1:

The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.

The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

Fentanyl can be used safely under medical supervision.  I think that's the key. It is commonly used for IV conscious sedation for medical procedures and in patch form for patient's with chronic incapacitating pain (like cancer patients).  Why pot is schedule 1 I don't know since some states are legalizing medical marijuana.

Criteria for schedule 1:

The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.

The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

Fentanyl can be used safely under medical supervision.  I think that's the key. It is commonly used for IV conscious sedation for medical procedures and in patch form for patient's with chronic incapacitating pain (like cancer patients).  Why pot is schedule 1 I don't know since some states are legalizing medical marijuana.

Yes, the DEA told me this when I blasted them about Pot.

There was a national news report or my local news tonight about some serious heroin OD problems--I think it was in Indiana--where 78 ppl. OD'd in 3 days.  They mentioned that the heroin was laced with Fentanyl.  Who is trying to kill all of us off?  This has to be intentional by whoever is producing these street drugs.  It's happening all over the country.  These aren't mistakes in making the counterfeit pills or heroin.  The ppl. who are adding all the high amounts of Fentanyl to the heroin and opioids and whatever else know they are adding deadly doses.  They have to.  They can't be that stupid lacing this stuff.  It's been going on for months now.  This never should have happened to Prince or anyone else.  This is criminal.  People need to go to prison for murdering our citizens with these deadly street drugs.  I heard the drugs are coming from China through Mexico.  I wish I had more info. about who is killing off the ppl. of this country? 

yep, this drug should never get outside of a surgical suite.  Form Wiki: .."attempting to accurately measure a dose of pure fentanyl powder is impractical without advanced scientific equipment as an effective dose and a lethal dose of fentanyl powder placed next to each other would be difficult or impossible to differentiate with the naked eye".  WBB

Interesting, WBB.  These illegal drug producers must be complete idiots and doing drugs themselves.  They need to go to prison for murdering ppl.  It's like someone slipping me a lethal dose of something in a drink.  They would go to prison for life. 

There was a national news report or my local news tonight about some serious heroin OD problems--I think it was in Indiana--where 78 ppl. OD'd in 3 days.  They mentioned that the heroin was laced with Fentanyl.  Who is trying to kill all of us off?  This has to be intentional by whoever is producing these street drugs.  It's happening all over the country.  These aren't mistakes in making the counterfeit pills or heroin.  The ppl. who are adding all the high amounts of Fentanyl to the heroin and opioids and whatever else know they are adding deadly doses.  They have to.  They can't be that stupid lacing this stuff.  It's been going on for months now.  This never should have happened to Prince or anyone else.  This is criminal.  People need to go to prison for murdering our citizens with these deadly street drugs.  I heard the drugs are coming from China through Mexico.  I wish I had more info. about who is killing off the ppl. of this country?

Well it certainly doesn't make good business sense to kill off your buyers. Just saying.