Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Prince

[Be...]

There was a national news report or my local news tonight about some serious heroin OD problems--I think it was in Indiana--where 78 ppl. OD'd in 3 days.  They mentioned that the heroin was laced with Fentanyl.  Who is trying to kill all of us off?  This has to be intentional by whoever is producing these street drugs.  It's happening all over the country.  These aren't mistakes in making the counterfeit pills or heroin.  The ppl. who are adding all the high amounts of Fentanyl to the heroin and opioids and whatever else know they are adding deadly doses.  They have to.  They can't be that stupid lacing this stuff.  It's been going on for months now.  This never should have happened to Prince or anyone else.  This is criminal.  People need to go to prison for murdering our citizens with these deadly street drugs.  I heard the drugs are coming from China through Mexico.  I wish I had more info. about who is killing off the ppl. of this country?

Well it certainly doesn't make good business sense to kill off your buyers. Just saying.

Very good point!!  ;)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Be...]

• [ho...]

• [pr...]

Maybe there's a bigger agenda going on that we're not aware of?  Why would the drug dealers continue to keep adding deadly Fentanyl month after month knowing it's killing addicts?  Last night, I was thinking about Prince and other addicts addicted to opioids and heroin and the dilemma they're in.  They need to keep taking their opioids and heroin because they are addicted to them and they have no choice but to keep popping those counterfeit Fentanyl-laced pills and taking their heroin.  If they went to a rehab or hospital for help, they would probably get arrested for drug possession or at least be under surveillance by the police then.  Risky for them.  I would think taking these Fentanyl-laced products is like playing Russian roulette, you never know if the next pill or fix is going to be the one to do you in.  I wonder if Prince knew he was taking Fentanyl?  He might have known since it was reported that before he died he was seeking rehab help.  How frightening to have to do that.  That's being stuck between a rock and hard place for sure. 

I do believe that people are just trying to feel better.  Getting high is a thing of the past once you are getting into illicit drugs ( I think) No one would deliberately subject themselves to such risk: http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/08/25/491340448/illegally-made-fentanyl-seems-to-be-driving-a-spike-in-overdoses

I really feel very depressed when I read more and more about talented people like Prince and Philip Seymour Hoffman -- and anyone who is over 50  - who tried to navigate the f**ked up world of illicit drugs and didn't make it.  Perhaps they were cutting down on their benzos and mistakenly thought the opiods would help stop their sxs?  I do not see an end.  WBB

I do believe that people are just trying to feel better.  Getting high is a thing of the past once you are getting into illicit drugs ( I think) No one would deliberately subject themselves to such risk: http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/08/25/491340448/illegally-made-fentanyl-seems-to-be-driving-a-spike-in-overdoses

I really feel very depressed when I read more and more about talented people like Prince and Philip Seymour Hoffman -- and anyone who is over 50  - who tried to navigate the f**ked up world of illicit drugs and didn't make it.  Perhaps they were cutting down on their benzos and mistakenly thought the opiods would help stop their sxs?  I do not see an end.  WBB

Yep.  Getting high or taking drugs is a person's way to escape mental or physical pain.  No one can blame them.  They're hurting.  I should know.  That's why I drank and took drugs.  I wanted to be in nirvana and away from the pain of my life. 

OK - and Michael Jackson from Wiki : The county coroner stated that he died from the combination of drugs in his body, with the most significant drugs being the anesthetic propofol and the anxiolytic lorazepam. Less significant drugs found in Jackson's body were midazolam, diazepam, lidocaine, and ephedrine.

These poor men were probably in tolerance withdrawal or something akin to it.  Who could blame them for seeking relief?  Sadly, they were ignorant of what was happening to them and not a doctor or soul around them was willing or able to help them. Really outrageous if you think about it.

Benzo withdrawal is not the next public health problem.  It is here now.  WBB

I didn't realize Michael Jackson was on the benzo poisons too?  And I was surprised to hear that Prince was on them too.  Between the legal Big Pharma murderers and the illegal criminal underground street drug cartel killers, the herd is certainly being thinned on this earth.  Michael Jackson and Prince.  What a huge loss  I liked both of them.  They were kind and gentle men from what I could see.  When I was a kid, I had posters of Michael Jackson all over my bedroom.  He was a heartthrob for the adolescent girls back then in the early 70's.  I heard he had no real childhood because of his father, who drove him hard to entertain, rather than to just be a kid.  He might have had psychological pain?  I wonder if Prince had psychological pain because of not having an at-home father?  I know he loved his mother.  I heard she had a Master's degree in Social Work.     

i had known that Michael Jackson was on lorazapam. and i don't fur sure of course, but i don't doubt that he himself administered some of the propofol to himself when Dr. Murray was either sleeping or in the bathroom./ i'm just not putting that past an addict who was in desperate need of sleep.

Heath Ledger had three different benzos in his system when he died, plus an opiate and cold medicine.

His insomnia was relentless, according to people who knew him. He must have been so ill from benzodiazepine addiction. Poor guy.

There was a national news report or my local news tonight about some serious heroin OD problems--I think it was in Indiana--where 78 ppl. OD'd in 3 days.  They mentioned that the heroin was laced with Fentanyl.  Who is trying to kill all of us off?  This has to be intentional by whoever is producing these street drugs.  It's happening all over the country.  These aren't mistakes in making the counterfeit pills or heroin.  The ppl. who are adding all the high amounts of Fentanyl to the heroin and opioids and whatever else know they are adding deadly doses.  They have to.  China through Mexico.  I wish I had more info. about who is killing off the ppl. of this country?

I'll  never know. They don't want to kill their customers, do they? Also Fentanyl is quite expensive.......

I think the Fentanyl is being put out there to scare more heroin addicts into seeking treatment. Addiction treatment is covered by insurance now, thanks to Obamacare. It's not the dealers, it's the people who will profit from the rehab treatment. Addiction centers are popping up all over the country now that it's mandated by Uncle Sam.....

What a joke.

Fentanyl is used by manufacturers of heroin. It is man made and so not dependent on a plant or crop, and it is more powerful so it is more economical. It is cheaper to produce in other words. The product is powerful and the customers want it. It's win win for the producers. I have heard that most of the street heroin has fentanyl in it now. All this has lead to the epidemic of ODs.

My bad. I meant the horse tranquilizer (forget what it's called) they've been finding in many of the OD's who have died. Local EMT's are worried and need to be extra cautious because they could OD just by coming into contact with it. At least that's what they're saying in this area...(sudden skyrocket in OD's and deaths in the past week here, all over the news, I don't think it's a coincidence that is happening all over the country this way) That's my theory.

Something's going on here with this deadly Fentanyl.  Why didn't they stop lacing those drugs months ago when they knew it was killing ppl. and causing so many OD's?  They just continue to sell it on the streets and more ppl. than ever are dying.  Culling the herd?  I'm sure these drug dealers will always have a job even if they kill off a bunch of ppl. 

Something's going on here with this deadly Fentanyl.  Why didn't they stop lacing those drugs months ago when they knew it was killing ppl. and causing so many OD's?  They just continue to sell it on the streets and more ppl. than ever are dying.  Culling the herd?  I'm sure these drug dealers will always have a job even if they kill off a bunch of ppl.

Agreed. This fish stinks.

I wish someone who is good at deep investigating could find out what's really going on with this Fentanyl-lacing?  It's so bad in my state, the governor alloted millions of dollars to get the problem under control.  Thousands of OD's last year.

Just had a special news report on the local news about counterfeit drugs and OD's and deaths.  They even mentioned Prince and showed him playing his guitar.  They talked about dosing problems with the ingredients and also mentioned the addition of Fentanyl into the drugs and heroin.  It's a serious problem here in my state. 

Just had a special news report on the local news about counterfeit drugs and OD's and deaths.  They even mentioned Prince and showed him playing his guitar.  The talked about dosing problems with the ingredients and also mentioned the addition of Fentanyl into the drugs and heroin.  It's a serious problem here in my state.

This is so sad.... :'( We've lost too many incredible talents and even just great 'ordinary' folks to these damn drugs!  There aren't enough tears.

I think the Fentanyl is being put out there to scare more heroin addicts into seeking treatment. Addiction treatment is covered by insurance now, thanks to Obamacare. It's not the dealers, it's the people who will profit from the rehab treatment. Addiction centers are popping up all over the country now that it's mandated by Uncle Sam.....

What a joke.

I agree. They charge big $$$ to "treat" people.