Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Wow....you people are amazing!  I am SO grateful.  I'll definitely use tablets to make my own solution...I won't purchase the liquid Rx solution.  I'm at 2.5 mg, so will need to figure out how to get that by using vodka as a solvent.  Is reducing by .5 ml per day a good place to start?  How much is that over a one month period?  How many mls vodka do I use to dissolve a 2 mg tablet....1 ml?

I'll see if I can find someone to help me and if not, then I may noodle around with it and then come back here with questions.  I'm hopeful that I can get to a better place than I was today over the course of the next two to three weeks.  Then, I can start the liquid part of the taper.  I'm encouraged that so many of you seem to do better that way. 

And I say that using some pills and some liquid is a better way to start.... or at least to consider....

It might require some math but it's really just some subtraction....

If you go over to straight liquid it's good to hold for a bit until your body gets used to that...

There are methods that you can make a bunch of liquid that can last a week or two -- or longer and you don't need to throw anything out...

You need to decide what percentage you want to go down in a month, and then use that as your starting place. :thumbsup:

Best of luck!

Wow....you people are amazing!  I am SO grateful.  I'll definitely use tablets to make my own solution...I won't purchase the liquid Rx solution.  I'm at 2.5 mg, so will need to figure out how to get that by using vodka as a solvent.  Is reducing by .5 ml per day a good place to start?  How much is that over a one month period?  How many mls vodka do I use to dissolve a 2 mg tablet....1 ml?

I'll see if I can find someone to help me and if not, then I may noodle around with it and then come back here with questions.  I'm hopeful that I can get to a better place than I was today over the course of the next two to three weeks.  Then, I can start the liquid part of the taper.  I'm encouraged that so many of you seem to do better that way.

My current tapering regimen is to make a 10:1 solution and taper 1mg of solution and the rest dry. For example, I take 3mg dry and .76 as a solution.  I make a 100ml solution using 10mg of diazepam, 20ml of PG and 80ml of water.  The solution lasts a couple of weeks so I don't have to mix it as often.  I'm sure we can set you up with a plan you are comfortable with. :)--V

Gardenlady, If you cut .5ml per day from total dose that would be approx 15% in a month.  If this works for you keep in mind that if you keep the same schedule, over time that 15% starts to increase because you are removing the same amount(.5ml) from a decreasing amount of liquid so you may have to adjust a little down the road.  Sorry, but that is just Math again. Ask if you need an explanation of this.  People on this site are great for explaining things.  I use a 3ml syringe to add 1.5ml vodka before 98.5ml water.  I pour from the bottle into the bottle cap and extract 1.5ml from there.  Again this amount is variable from person to person.  Some are using a product called Everclear which is 190 Proof! or Propylene glycol(like Valley-um is doing) but I can't get the Everclear in a store in Canada.  I will be going online for that later.  The highest proof vodka I can find here is "Prince Igor Extreme Vodka" only 45%.  If anyone knows where I can get something stronger please chime in.  Some say this is not strong enough to properly dissolve the valium.  I found it's way better than just plain water, and I am trying to keep alcohol consumption to minimum.  Valley-Um, do you find that the PG makes a good solution compared to alcohol?  SufferingSixty has a good point to hold for a bit if you switch to liquid. GardenLady, Don't get discouraged by having to use a little math.  Math is your friend in this.  If my doctor new his math from the start I wouldn't be in this mess in the first place!

Garden lady,

The current practice is to use 2mls of Vodka per 1 mg of Valium.

Hope this helps.

ATU 🙏🏻

Hey, maybe increasing the vodka to 4ml will help me sleep? :).  I am currently taking 1mg dry tab and only dissolving the 2mg for taper

What would be a good way to divide my current dose of 2.5 mg into dry and liquid?  If I take 1.5 mg dry and taper 1 mg, then I'll have to cut the 2 mg tablet into 4ths to get .5 mg and that's not very precise.  Is there a better way to divide it up?

Also, I'd like to mix up a batch to last for a couple of weeks.  How would I go about doing that?  And, is there a way to do this so that I don't have to pull out a measured amount and throw it away?  I'd rather just pull what I need to take.

Where do you get PG and what size bottle should I buy?  I am in the US. Does it work better than vodka? 

VU, I'd like to take you up on your offer to help me with the arithmetic if you're still up for it. 

What would be a good way to divide my current dose of 2.5 mg into dry and liquid?  If I take 1.5 mg dry and taper 1 mg, then I'll have to cut the 2 mg tablet into 4ths to get .5 mg and that's not very precise.  Is there a better way to divide it up?

Also, I'd like to mix up a batch to last for a couple of weeks.  How would I go about doing that?  And, is there a way to do this so that I don't have to pull out a measured amount and throw it away?  I'd rather just pull what I need to take.

Where do you get PG and what size bottle should I buy?  I am in the US. Does it work better than vodka? 

VU, I'd like to take you up on your offer to help me with the arithmetic if you're still up for it.

I’d be happy to help. To make it simple, I would start out tapering the .5 using liquid and taking 2mg dry. An example of mixing a 10:1 solution would be to put 10mg in a jar and mix with 20ml of PG or Vodka, then dilute with 80ml of water. If you want to make less, just use the same formula using 2ml of PG or Vodka for each mg of Valium and dilute with the corresponding amount of water. For example 6mg would be 12ml of PG or Vodka and 58ml of water. If you are removing .01mg per day, it would look like this:

Day 1 2mg dry - .49ml liquid

Day 2 2mg dry - .48ml liquid etc.

You can make even smaller cuts if desired. I uaually hold for several days if sxs start ramping up beyond what is comfortable.  :)—V

When I divide pills I use a jewellers scale that can be bought on Amazon.  Take ten pills and weight them, get an average weight and use that to cut the amount I'm going to take.

You may want to go onto the Valium/Diazepam Group board for ideas about how much to taper with liquid and how much to keep in pill form.  I taper about 1/10 of my dose in liquid but don't know if that's necessary.  I read a bunch of posts by a buddy named builder to figure out how to mix things up, with different proportions and the percentages etc.  read read red to get a sense of liquid I'd suggest....

And I hope that Valley can help you with the measurements for liquid and mixing it up, most do about a two week supply at a time... 

I use alcohol to dissolve my pills so not to sure about the PG....

Thanks for great help! 

Where can I buy PG, what brand and size bottle should I buy?  I live in the U.S.

SS, You said you use alcohol and not PG.  What form of alcohol? 

I'd like to cut faster than .01 ml per day as it would take me 50 days to taper .5 mg of valium in Valley Um's example.  What is a faster but not too fast rate?  I'd like to keep it at around .5 mg valium taper every two weeks.

Thanks for great help! 

Where can I buy PG, what brand and size bottle should I buy?  I live in the U.S.

I'd like to cut faster than .01 ml per day as it would take me 50 days to taper .5 mg of valium in Valley Um's example.  What is a faster but not too fast rate?  I'd like to keep it at around .5 mg valium taper every two weeks.

I use Tequila cause I had some around! ;)  Some use vodka.  It's good to taper using percentages, not going above 5-10% a month.  And to try a symptoms based taper -- getting off faster doesn't mean you'll be healed faster -- unfortunately....  that's what I keep reading on here... and I truly believe to be true from lots of reading of success stories...

Good luck with it all

SS

Thanks for great help! 

Propylene glycol can be purchased from amazon.  If you want to cut faster you can try .02 but it’s better to start out slow and increase if sxs are minimal. :)—V

Would you be comfortable sharing what brand and quantity of PG you purchased on Amazon?  There are so many!  Would I need a quart, less or more???  Also, does the valium liquid solution need to be refrigerated once it's mixed up?

Would you be comfortable sharing what brand and quantity of PG you purchased on Amazon?  There are so many!  Would I need a quart, less or more???  Also, does the valium liquid solution need to be refrigerated once it's mixed up?

I use this kind.

https://www.amazon.com/Propylene-Glycol-Food-Grade-Quart/dp/B005PZBRUC/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1507044394&sr=8-3&keywords=propylene+glycol

You don’t need to refrigerate. Just store in a dark place.  :)—V

VU, That's a HUGE help...thanks!  And, I'm sorry to pepper you with so many questions....you are so kind to answer.

Here's another one.  Do you know of a 1 ml oral syringe that has large tick markings?  Mine has such small tick markings that I can't see them to decrease by .001 ml each day.  A pharmacist gave me one that has only 4 tick marks between each tenth ml, but it's hard to get an accurate measure between them for odd numbers as .001, .003, etc.... I need larger print as I am 65 can just can't see.  Even with a magnifying glass I can't make it work.  I live alone and have no one to help me with it. Am hoping you might send me a link with the syringe that works for you.  Thanks in advance! 

VU, That's a HUGE help...thanks!  And, I'm sorry to pepper you with so many questions....you are so kind to answer.

Here's another one.  Do you know of a 1 ml oral syringe that has large tick markings?  Mine has such small tick markings that I can't see them to decrease by .001 ml each day.  A pharmacist gave me one that has only 4 tick marks between each tenth ml, but it's hard to get an accurate measure between them for odd numbers as .001, .003, etc.... I need larger print as I am 65 can just can't see.  Even with a magnifying glass I can't make it work.  I live alone and have no one to help me with it. Am hoping you might send me a link with the syringe that works for you.  Thanks in advance!

One idea that I use, is to dilute the liquid more so that I can reduce .002 mg a day by reducing .4ml.... Maybe Valley could help you with the math for your product.  I can measure .4ml quite easily with a syringe that has small ticks marks with strong reading glasses...

Hi gardenlady. You can make smaller cuts by diluting the solution further but I would guess if you cut by .01 or .005 (half of one on the 1ml syringe) you should be fine. If you really feel you need to make even smaller cuts, let me know and we can rework the dilution procedure.  :)—V

Thank you for your patient efforts in trying to explain this to me, but I am not getting it.  I'm confused by the hundredths and thousandth measurements.  I think it's benzo brain since I used to be very bright.  Now I can't grasp simple things like this.  I'm trying really hard to understand what you are trying to get across, but I just can't.  Is there another way to explain it?  I think I need a picture, or someone to actually talk me through this. 

Ideally, I'd like to reduce by .03 per day.  But that may be too much, and, since I'm so confused about how to even do this with the syringe I'm afraid I'll take the wrong amount. 

VU, Is there any way to restate your phrase: "if you cut by .01 or .005 (half of one on the 1ml syringe) "  This is what I'm not getting.  What does "half of one on the 1 ml syringe" mean?  The problem is that the tick marks are so small that I can't cut by .01 since I can't see them.  It's a bit clearer on the .5 ml syringe that I got from a pharmacist today, but still really hard to see.

Maybe I'm confusing mg and ml.  If I make a 100ml solution using 10mg of diazepam, 20ml of PG and 80ml of water, does .01 ml = .01 mg of valium?  What I want to do is take 2 mg dry and then taper the .5 mg as VU suggested.  To do that, I need to reduce by something like .01, .02 or .03 ml per day, correct?  So, using the .03 ml reduction rate:

Day 1: .5 ml = ?mg

Day 2: .47 ml = ?mg

Day 3: .44 ml = ?mg

Again, the problem is that I can't see the tick marks well enough to reduce this way.  And, I'm not clear on the ml to mg equivalency.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Thank you for your patient efforts in trying to explain this to me, but I am not getting it.  I'm confused by the hundredths and thousandth measurements.  I think it's benzo brain since I used to be very bright.  Now I can't grasp simple things like this.  I'm trying really hard to understand what you are trying to get across, but I just can't.  Is there another way to explain it?  I think I need a picture, or someone to actually talk me through this. 

Ideally, I'd like to reduce by .03 per day.  But that may be too much, and, since I'm so confused about how to even do this with the syringe I'm afraid I'll take the wrong amount. 

VU, Is there any way to restate your phrase: "if you cut by .01 or .005 (half of one on the 1ml syringe) "  This is what I'm not getting.  What does "half of one on the 1 ml syringe" mean?  The problem is that the tick marks are so small that I can't cut by .01 since I can't see them.  It's a bit clearer on the .5 ml syringe that I got from a pharmacist today, but still really hard to see.

Maybe I'm confusing mg and ml.  If I make a 100ml solution using 10mg of diazepam, 20ml of PG and 80ml of water, does .01 ml = .01 mg of valium?  What I want to do is take 2 mg dry and then taper the .5 mg as VU suggested.  To do that, I need to reduce by something like .01, .02 or .03 ml per day, correct?  So, using the .03 ml reduction rate:

Again, the problem is that I can't see the tick marks well enough to reduce this way.  And, I'm not clear on the ml to mg equivalency.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi gardenlady. I’ll try to help make it clear. The solution you make will be a 10:1 solution meaning each 10ml contains 1mg of valium. If you want to reduce by .01mg a Day using .5 as a starting point you would draw up the 4 mark on the 10ml syringe and the 9mark on a 1ml syringe. That is .01. If you want to reduce by .02 then you would draw to the 4 on the 10ml syringe and the 8mark on a 1ml syringe. So if you are removing .03 a day (I would recommend starting smaller and working up if sxs are very minimal) you are pulling to the 4 mark on the 10ml syringe and the 7 mark on the 1ml syringe. So the reductions look like this:

2mg dry, .47ml liquid

2mg dry .44ml liquid

2mg dry .41ml liquid etc.

When you finish the .5 you can start with a full milligram. So you would take 1mg in pill form and .97 in liquid if you are still cutting .03mg per day. Many find that several days of cuts followed by built in hold days works well so you can adjust as needed if sxs start building.  Hope this helps.  :)—V

V, Ok....I'm seeing it more clearly now.  I didn't realize I would be using both the 10 ml and the 1 ml syringes, but I follow what you are saying.  What is the percentage rate of this taper example? I'd like to know what the arithmetic is to figure this out so I'll know what I'm doing and how to make adjustments. Thank you for explaining this in a way I can finally understand it. 

How do I know when I can start this liquid taper?  I have felt like I'm on a bad LSD trip ever since I cut to 2.5 mg last Friday.  I feel terrible all the time and never stabilized even after a four month hold at 5 mg. 

V, Ok....I'm seeing it more clearly now.  I didn't realize I would be using both the 10 ml and the 1 ml syringes, but I follow what you are saying.  What is the percentage rate of this taper example? I'd like to know what the arithmetic is to figure this out so I'll know what I'm doing and how to make adjustments. Thank you for explaining this in a way I can finally understand it. 

How do I know when I can start this liquid taper?  I have felt like I'm on a bad LSD trip ever since I cut to 2.5 mg last Friday.  I feel terrible all the time and never stabilized even after a four month hold at 5 mg.

I would personally try to let things settle before starting.  If you’re cutting .03 mg a day,  it is a total of .9mg. That is considerably more than 10% every 2 weeks or even a month. .25 is 10 percent of 2.5. If you cut .01 per day it would be close to 5% a month so .02 would be closer to 10%.  You can even do .01 one day and .02 one day.  Another way is to cut .015 per day.  There are a lot of ways to do it.  The key is to hold when symptoms start to ramp up and before they get intolerable which a liquid microtaper is great at catching this before it gets to far.

Hi gardenlady. I’ll try to help make it clear. The solution you make will be a 10:1 solution meaning each 10ml contains 1mg of valium. If you want to reduce by .01mg a Day using .5 as a starting point you would draw up the 4 mark on the 10ml syringe and the 9mark on a 1ml syringe. That is .01. If you want to reduce by .02 then you would draw to the 4 on the 10ml syringe and the 8mark on a 1ml syringe. So if you are removing .03 a day (I would recommend starting smaller and working up if sxs are very minimal) you are pulling to the 4 mark on the 10ml syringe and the 7 mark on the 1ml syringe. So the reductions look like this:

2mg dry, .47ml liquid

2mg dry .44ml liquid

When you finish the .5 you can start with a full milligram. So you would take 1mg in pill form and .97 in liquid if you are still cutting .03mg per day. Many find that several days of cuts followed by built in hold days works well so you can adjust as needed if sxs start building.  Hope this helps.  :)—V

V, I'm having trouble again and am hoping for clarification.  You wrote:

If you want to reduce by .01mg a Day using .5 as a starting point you would draw up the 4 mark on the 10ml syringe and the 9mark on a 1ml syringe.

If the goal in this example is to draw .49 mls, it appears as if I'm drawing 4.9 mls, instead.  Drawing up to the 4 mark on a 10 ml syringe pulls 4 mls, correct?  Adding .9 mls from the 1 ml syringe would bring it to 4.9 mls.  What am I missing?  How do you get .49 mls if you're drawing 4 mls from the 10 ml syringe?  Or, are you saying that 4.9 mls = .49 mg? 

Perhaps we're mixing up ml with mg.  Using your list from above, is this more accurate:

2mg dry + .47mg as 4.7 mls liquid

2mg dry + .44mg as 4.4 mls liquid

2mg dry + .41mg as 4.1 mls liquid etc.

2mg dry, .47ml liquid

2mg dry .44ml liquid

V, I'm having trouble again and am hoping for clarification.  You wrote:

If you want to reduce by .01mg a Day using .5 as a starting point you would draw up the 4 mark on the 10ml syringe and the 9mark on a 1ml syringe.

If the goal in this example is to draw .49 mls, it appears as if I'm drawing 4.9 mls, instead.  Drawing up to the 4 mark on a 10 ml syringe pulls 4 mls, correct?  Adding .9 mls from the 1 ml syringe would bring it to 4.9 mls.  What am I missing?  How do you get .49 mls if you're drawing 4 mls from the 10 ml syringe?  Or, are you saying that 4.9 mls = .49 mg? 

Perhaps we're mixing up ml with mg.  Using your list from above, is this more accurate:

2mg dry + .47mg as 4.7 mls liquid

2mg dry + .44mg as 4.4 mls liquid

2mg dry + .41mg as 4.1 mls liquid etc.

You’re correct. It should be 4.7, 4.4 etc. I had the decimal in the wrong place. Sorry about that.  :)—V

Hi all...Regarding Gardenladys issues,  I my self am going through a similar symptoms vs effort to reduce Valium.  I try to keep things very simple even though my math is very good.  Most important is to write down and log what you are doing every day and triple check your start of taper to make sure your math is correct.  I am currently taking 2.72mg of valium.  I use the following method with 2mg tablets.  I have a 7 day pill container sun-sat.  I split 4 tablets in half so I can place exactly 3mg(1 1/2 tabs) in each compartment.  I keep the leftover half to continue the next week for consistency.  Each morning I take 1 mg(1/2 tab) dry.  Each evening I take take the 2mg tablet and dissolve it in 100ml solution(alcohol first, then water).  Depending on how I feel for the week I simply remove anywhere from 1/4 to 1ml maximum.  So a maximum of 1% reduction of the 2mg portion only.  This is pretty conservative.  For the most part I remove .5ml each night if things are tolerable.  I don't have to deal with any complicated decimals or micro measuring until I want to figure out where I am exactly in total dose.  With a 2mg per 100ml solution each ml = .02mg of V.  Very easy to measure, even if I can't see that well.  I wear those 5 dollar cheater glasses and all is fine.  Last night I removed 14ml from the hundred and tonight I will remove 14.5 and so on.  I don't stress over micro measurements.  Even if I make a mistake occasionally and I'm off a notch on the syringe its no big deal because the cuts are so tiny.  I am simply removing .5ml more every following day. and I write down in my calendar how much I remove every day.  If I want to check my progress once a month or so I look at my ml removed calendar.  Today is 14ml so that is 14ml x .02mg V = .28mg V.  2mg - .28 = 1.72mg V.  Add this to the 1mg I take in the morning and I get 2.72mg total Valium.  I realize that you are wanting to make a big batch to last a week or 2 and this is doable too but it only takes me 5 minutes to prepare my nightly dose.  My point is, try to work with whole numbers as much as possible even if you have to increase the amount of liquid so you don't have to work with .1 sizes of a ml.  That's crazy and leaves room for big mistakes.  This ordeal is stressful enough without having to worry about messing up your doses. Also I am using diazepam and it is cheap so I don't fret over throwing some out. 

Thanks for the helpful info, drummer.  Even reading what you do makes my head swim.  I just hope I'm mentally capable to do a liquid taper, but I don't really have a choice. How do you dissolve your tablet?  Do you crush it and then stir it in the vodka?  Does it dissolve immediately?  Just wondering what kind of bowl or implement you use to dissolve it.