Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Rant : What about not scaring everybody with our own singular experience ?

[En...]

Just wanted to give you a hug. It seems awful going through that.

Well, that's sweet of you, Corsair.  Thanks.  It really was an ordeal, but I got my babies in the end, so it's all good.  :smitten:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [no...]

• [Fl...]

• [ly...]

Nova, whenever you're feeling down,I want you to always remember this: You may not be the smartest or best-looking person in the world, but if you were a monkey you'd be really special. ;)

And always remember this, your just ''special''  ;)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

HeHe.  :D:laugh: One final thought: Whenever you fall, I'll always be here to catch you.--Love, Floor.

Threesome, twosome, thank you handsome  :laugh:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Here are some funny insults Nova. Enjoy!

I've been watching that guy. He's hilarious! I love your sense of humor...and the others who are contributing. Humor is the best medicine--it makes the medicine of time we're all in need of pass more pleasantly and quickly.

FloridaGuy,

That is about the most insulting post that I have read here on BB.

Let's see:  I am not keeping it real to the extent that I insult your intelligence.  You are realistic and I am unrealistic.  I have to exaggerate/spin things as overly optimistic as a coping mechanism.  I have a different style of healing that, basically, bears no semblance to fact or truth.

Did I miss anything?

The big thing you missed is that I was making a general statement,not pointing fingers at anyone specifically.

I am not against positivity at all. Matter of fact I started a positivity thread of my own on the protracted board- http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=126872.msg1682150#msg1682150

I also think you missed the first part of my post where I stated that we all need to be tolerant of different styles of recovery. I have been shut out by people I thought I could count on just because I look at things differently and frankly it pissed me off to feel betrayed by someone who I thought I could count on for support just because I wasn't always positive enough.

I, for one, am grateful to find other's truthful stories no matter how horrific they may sound.  Before finding this site, I thought I was crazy and alone.  It's been a wonderful experience to read other people's stories and to know they are getting better regardless of how slowly it may be happening.

I, for one, am grateful to find other's truthful stories no matter how horrific they may sound.  Before finding this site, I thought I was crazy and alone.  It's been a wonderful experience to read other people's stories and to know they are getting better regardless of how slowly it may be happening.

Yes katz, this was my experience as well, thank you.  :)