Need a Job

[Mi...]

I'm going to feel bad about myself related to this forever apparently.  My neighbor asked where i worked and I said I do programming from home.  Which is somewhat true, but not a real job.  And if I get a real job it will be a crappy store job so I'lls till have to be embarrassed even telling where I work.  Ot sucks that people judge/  Whoc ares if I'm happy, it's still considered pathetic by others if I don't make X money.  And I also feel like I'll always be judged by women too.  Yet another reason to date someone about 21 who cares less.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Gm...]

• [Pa...]

• [ic...]

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people have had to take jobs that they normally wouldn't take (overqualified) due to the economy  - I don't think its anything to be ashamed of. At least they are out there doing whatever they can to make ends meet until things improve.

Who cares what people think about what you do anyway? Spending your life trying to make the masses happy is an impossible thing to accomplish - and for what? People come and go - in the end you have to live with yourself and your decsions.

Ok, lecture over :)

Yeah good points.  I hope I somehow do what I need to do.

I am so disappointed I never end up with girlfriends though.  I've gone my whole life being more of a loner and not having companionship and so when I see that most women won't eevn go on a single date if you don't have a job (and sometimes if you dont have a GOOD job) it discourages me even more.  It feels like I'm punished to a life of isolation due to having trouble with job anxiety.

• 1 month later...

"And if I get a real job it will be a crappy store job so I'lls till have to be embarrassed even telling where I work."

You can tell people you are working in that store to pay your bills, while you are still working on your computer programming from home.  There is nothing embarrassing about almost any job, and people only know what you tell them.  People are usually focused on their own lives, and don't think about our lives as much as we might think.

Good luck with that job.  Just go in and fill out an application, you won't know until you try.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't notice your reply until now for some reason.  Thanks.  I feel close to making some changes.  Only area I feel hopeless in is dating though.  Not even remotely 1% closer to dating.