Can I taper my Ativan SL in a water titration?

[Ch...]

SL means sub lingual. You take the Ativan pill under your tongue. I have tried to get info from the link but my computer will not open it. I am stuggling to fiqure out the math to convert to how much liquid to drink once. I want to water titrate all my Ativan & take it 3 times a day. I thought I could mix 1.25 mg Ativan SL with 25 ml water and titrate less 5-10% every week or two but how do I do the math to know how much to take? Thx for any help

Ativan is not soluble in water, but if you are very careful making sure the particles stay suspended in water it can be done.  Some use a few ml of vodka to dissolve the medication first and then add water.

You could put the 1.25 ml tablet into a container and add  a few ml of vodka (maybe 4 ml) and add to that 246  ml of water for a total of 250 ml.  This would be 1.25mg/250 ml = 0.005 mg /ml.  If you removed 1.5 ml each day for two weeks, you will cut by about 8%.  So, on day one you remove 1.5 ml, day two, 3 mL, day four 4.5 ml and so on.  If removing 1 mL each day, this would be a 5.6% cut at the end of two weeks.  I hope this helps.

Anne