Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  71 members

Music Lovers

What is your favorite Oldie but Goodie Song ?

[be...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVprz0nm0Y4

This song really resonates with me. I don't know, but I think Don didn't just write this as a tribute to Van Gough. I feel like partly he's talking about highly sensitive artistic souls in general that see such beauty in the world, and how that comes with a price. Because to feel beauty so deeply, comes with feeling pain in proportion. I haven't read that, it's just how I interpret it. Enjoy!

This song really resonates with me. I don't know, but I think Don didn't just write this as a tribute to Van Gough. I feel like partly he's talking about highly sensitive artistic souls in general that see such beauty in the world, and how that comes with a price. Because to feel beauty so deeply, comes with feeling pain in proportion. I haven't read that, it's just how I interpret it. Enjoy!

Thanks Wondernova.....ahhh the memories.....great song/artist!  Interesting trivia too. I didn't realize who the 'Vincent' was in the song....  :smitten:

Thanks Wondernova.....ahhh the memories.....great song/artist!  Interesting trivia too. I didn't realize who the 'Vincent' was in the song....  :smitten:

Thanks Wondernova :thumbsup:

Awesome! I only recently learned that there's so much more to his catalogue than American Pie. Truly great singer/song writer.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is an Oldie, but it is so much more, this was placed on my New Oldie Thread by Someone Special and on that particular day I was at my lowest point and I did not want to continue, but after that was placed here, not only was I sobbing, but when my tears dried, I had Hope and I chose not to give in. So this is for all that pass through and need just something to remember and to feel better, get your hanky, it is just so beautiful and I hope this will help you as much as it helped me.

GERRY AND THE PACEMAKERS

hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=336&h=188&st 
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Here's one I really like ...the Drifter's came out with the original...I like this one better..

Save the Last Dance For Me ~ Bruce Springsteen  slow but nice!    :)

Here's another...really opens up my memory flood gates!  :)

REO Speedwagon - Can't fight this feeling

OMG  :'( :'( :'( I have been trying to remember this song, Thank you so much, one of my all time Favorites. :thumbsup: