using just water for ativan

[pe...]

Sounds good thanks to both of you... Also just wondering if either of you ever have heart palps/elevated heart rate when titrating?  Will this method fix that symptom?  For instance last time I did a dry cut of 1% and while everything was going ok at about the end of 2 weeks I had an elevated heart rate which caused me to reinstate.  By far this is the scariest symptom I have also experienced it in the past when tapering.  I think the only way to get rid of it is to either taper slower or get a beta blocker which I've heard can also be hard to withdraw from.  What are your experiences?

Thanks!

I had a friend here on BB who had a great taper, but her first emerging symptom was elevated heart rate.  It was a bit scary and she controlled it by tapering slow enough so that it did not emerge.  It is not a matter of the taper type "fixing" a symptom, but rather going at a rate that your healing can keep pace with.  Symptoms are a sign that your CNS is struggling to function normally and when they increase it is time to hold and reduce the rate.

A daily taper is much more tolerable because it minimizes or eliminates the shock to your system that a cut&hold causes.  I don't think any can promise it will eliminate any specific symptom, but it at least usually reduces most symptoms severity.

Beta blockers need to be tapered, but they do not cause withdrawal.  If stopped CT, there is a possibility of, meaning there could be a temporary, but significant return of the original tachycardia.  They do NOT cause "dependence" in the same sense as benzos and other psych meds.  Beta blockers are not psych meds.

Ok thanks... Honestly I've never gone as slow as 1% and I was hoping I would not get that symptom when I did but like you are saying maybe going slower will help.  For instance reaching 1% in 6-12 days instead of just dropping 1%.  Other than that symptom which is the worst I was feeling better overall and had very few symptoms compared to my prior attempts.  At this point I'm planning on starting slow using a .00125 cut rate which will bring me to 1% in 12 days and see how things go.  If I need to go slower then so be it.  I have had 3 ekgs in the last year and all were normal.

Thanks again!

I'm taking Clonidine which I was told was a beta blocker. It was prescribed for anxiety and flushing. It works pretty good; but my pdoc told me it had to be tapered or you run the risk of your blood pressure dropping too low. You would think otherwise, in that your blood pressure would spike, but he told me it's the other way around.

I'm taking Clonidine which I was told was a beta blocker. It was prescribed for anxiety and flushing. It works pretty good; but my pdoc told me it had to be tapered or you run the risk of your blood pressure dropping too low. You would think otherwise, in that your blood pressure would spike, but he told me it's the other way around.

Clonidine is not a beta blocker.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1700

Maybe i try a different vodka this one is 173 proof... the tablet immediately dissolves in water and does nothing in the vodka...

Just tried it with another vodka same thing but in water breaks up straight away.

Pete

Tell us about your 173 proof vodka (brand or any other info.  I can't find any references online about a 173 proof vodka.