Words to lighten our day.

[be...]

The fact that you're still here means you'll make it through this, too. You were made to survive.

(When I am lost in panic and agony, repeating "you were made to survive" helps me hold on 'til the wave passes. Always has.)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Es...]

• [La...]

• [Sh...]

"Life's like a movie. Write your own ending. Keep believing"  Jim Henson  "When you can't change the direction of the wind, adjust your sails". H. Jackson Brown, Jr.  :thumbsup::smitten:

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"    Thorton Wilder  "Every thing that is done in the world is done by HOPE"  Martian Luther      :thumbsup:

Thanks Benniejets, it is good to know that you are reading them. it is ok to be empty handed, because I know you give to others, and what more could anyone do. Peace be with you.  :hug:'s of Healing and Support to you.  :smitten:

A dear family friend used to say "You can hug a bear for a little while" meaning that awful things can be endured for a finite period of time.  I am looking at my benzo woes as hugging a bear and it will feel so good when that bear lets me go! 

She

"It seldom pays to be rude. It never pays to be only half-rude"  Norman Douglas  "It takes your enemy and your friend, working together to hurt you to the heart; the one to slander you and the other to get the news to you"  Mark Twain      :(

"He that jokes confesses"  J.J. Procter            "Everything is funny as long as it happening to somebody else"  Will Rodgers  :smitten:

"Anger is one of the sinners of the soul"  Thomas Fuller                "Many people lose their tempers merely from seeing you keep yours" Frank Moore Colby          :tickedoff:  :smitten:

"Fewer things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example"  Mark Twain    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on, It is never of any use to oneself"        Oscar Wilde  :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

Hi!

Reading a great book on recovery...just wanted to share this with you all.

"Trust that your resilient, self-healing nervous system knows exactly what it is doing. Your recovery is inevitable".

"Put all thine eggs in one basket and ---watch that basket."  Mark Twain        "I give myself, sometimes, admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it."  Mary Wortley Montagu          :smitten:

"Start where you are. Use what you have. DO WHAT YOU CAN"         

Arthur Ashe  :thumbsup:

"A good scare is worth more to a man than good advice" Edgar Watson Howe      "What you don't see with your eyes, dont"invent with your tongue"    Jewish proverb.  :smitten: