Need to start taper now.....please help

[Br...]

Thanks, Sharkey!!

Although I'm having bodyaches and some benzo anger (which is pretty bad sometimes)

I'm really glad to be doing the daily MT. I think this time I will really get free of this

garbage. (this is my FOURTH attempt)

Barry has fought long and hard for 30 years now in the UK and it seems they are just

starting to win some battles there. He is being honored sometime this month because

of his fight against these drugs. One younger man recently in the UK and sued and

won because of what benzos have done to him. I sometimes wish I could do the same

Even if I didn't win....to make a stand for all of us here that have suffered. Barry

has been helping people from all over the world, a lot from the U.S. because we

have no help here. (except for good people like yourself, SG and others who help

people like us to learn a micro taper)

He might not mind if I give you his email address if you'd like.

Thanks again,

Sue

ps-are you in the U.S.? 

Yes Sue,  I am in the US.  I'm gonna message you my email.  If you think he won't mind email me his address.  I am very curious about the progress in the UK.  I'm hoping to one day be part of the charge here in the USA.

Thanks an good luck with your taper!  If I can do it, you can too!!

Stay strong!

Sharkey

Sharkey and anyone else who may have an interest...there is a FB group called...

Benzodiazepine Awareness & Legal Action

They are trying to get a class action lawsuit going and also are active in trying to change things and raise awareness.  This may be a group you would want to check into (if you already haven't) if you are looking to become active in some way.

SG,

Thanks for informing about the FB page. I may consider some sort of involvement in at least raising awareness.  Like everyone else on this forum, I was never informed about how difficult and lengthy the process is for withdrawing.  I believe there are many doctors who don't understand how quickly dependence can set in and then what the withdrawal process needs to be for the significant percentage of folks who cannot taper rapidly.

Hi Ben,

How have you been feeling getting so close to the end? Great job by the way, I'm happy for you :thumbsup: I will be at .5 the end of next week, so I'm preparing for the finish line. Another 3-4 months I hope. Prior to this I had never been on a dose lower than 1 mg. daily. My starter K dose way back when was .5 twice a day, so I already feel a sense of accomplishment ... but I'm a little nervous to be winding this thing down for good.

Sharkey,

I will ask Barry soon and don't think he'll mind. I'm holding off for just

a couple of days though because he suffers migraines and some nerve

pain because of the benzos and the migraines have been rough lately,

He gets them off and on. What a fighter he has been though!!

Sue

ps-I too think of fighting against these drugs here in this country

because of what they have done to far too many people! Would even

like to sue one day if at all possible, at the very least to make a stand

for everyone going through this. Wish we could all pull together somehow

and fight against this injustice. I know Barry just got another letter

from someone in Mississippi who is suffering terribly too to get off

benzos.

Hi Ben,

How have you been feeling getting so close to the end? Great job by the way, I'm happy for you :thumbsup: I will be at .5 the end of next week, so I'm preparing for the finish line. Another 3-4 months I hope. Prior to this I had never been on a dose lower than 1 mg. daily. My starter K dose way back when was .5 twice a day, so I already feel a sense of accomplishment ... but I'm a little nervous to be winding this thing down for good.

Hi Tryinhard,

I am doing pretty well as I get close to the end.  Fatigue is the biggest factor at this point.  All symptoms remain tolerable.  I am hopeful that I will be able to continue at 0.003 mg/day and finish in mid-October.  Congratulations on your progress.  It is good when we can look back and see that we have made significant progress.  You are doing great and seem to really have a handle on listening to your body and adjusting your taper rate as needed.  I think that is really the key to success.