Do we heal on the way down?

[ma...]

Enzo, I agree much!

Mana, I forgot to tell you that despite the hearing issues were/are my main issues, I have only one ear, I did not have much pain nor the sensitivity from 0.5 to 0.03 mg, then at 0.028 started again but not as awful as it was when doing cut and hold. Very mild since I arrived to zero. I still feel a bit deaf.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ma...]

• [NY...]

• [be...]

• [Da...]

"Healing" can be interpreted in different ways I guess. Some here are saying that the fact that a taper is better than c/t means that healing happens during such a taper?

When you get down to the last cuts (in cut and hold) you are cutting 20% then 25, 33, 50 and 100%. I'm having worries as to how I'm going to be doing. It has to be harder for many to hit these big drops, regardless of their healing status. I'm taking about 6 weeks for drops but here I am at 7 1/2 weeks and not knowing how I'll feel tomorrow.

If everyone is healing what distinguishes those who suffer from those who reportedly don't?

"Healing" can be interpreted in different ways I guess. Some here are saying that the fact that a taper is better than c/t means that healing happens during such a taper?

When you get down to the last cuts (in cut and hold) you are cutting 20% then 25, 33, 50 and 100%. I'm having worries as to how I'm going to be doing. It has to be harder for many to hit these big drops, regardless of their healing status. I'm taking about 6 weeks for drops but here I am at 7 1/2 weeks and not knowing how I'll feel tomorrow.

If everyone is healing what distinguishes those who suffer from those who reportedly don't?

This healing during taper issue is all over the place with opinions !If you taper and experience S/X`S and i think most do are the s/x`s a sign of healing as the drug is leaving your system and you get withdrawls or another opinion i have heard is you only start to heal when your off the meds . My self i feel worse while tapering then when on the klonopin so does this mean i am not healing ? ~CD

What a Wonderful thread I just found  :smitten:

Yes, I do believe we start to heal during taper, I am doing many things I could not do before taper and for years.

Mana! Congratulations for your progress!!! A Big hug my Friend, I also have sometimes that sound sensitivity you are speaking of, but it does decrease in both intensity and frequency as the dose gets lower. I mean the sound needs to be high and either acute or bass for my CNS to jump, few days ago I was surprised I was in a welding place and a guy was cutting metal and my CNS was fine  :smitten: 2 days later my little Dog with acute barking was bothering my ear, but it does get better, I remember having ear pain at about the dose you are at now. If you ever want to switch to microtaper I can help you, WR, or any of you to do that, Just post in any thread you want and send me a PM to know where did you post and I will be there immediatelly  :smitten:

Saul Thank you  :smitten:, WR, Bets...a Big hug  :smitten:

Bets! You are so low now! Congratulations!  :smitten:

Thank you Clona, Bets and MM!

I still have some cuts ahead until I hit 1mg, and have so much work to do, have to keep plugging away, deal with taper micro plan when I get closer, just be in the moment now I think.  Big hugs to all.  :smitten:

Clona!  How wonderful to hear from you :smitten:sending you big hugs and congratulations on finishing your taper.  Amazing! Wow....so nice of you to continue to lend your  support to those of us who still have a way to go....Thank you also for your offer to help with a microtaper should I decide to go that route.  It may be the answer to surviving the next 1 mg journey all the way to nothing.

My ear issues are not so much sensitivity to noise, though that is part of it, as actual ear pain/pressure and then the too loud sound of my own voice in my head when I speak.  Crazy for me as I like to talk!!  :D. I didn't know, or maybe I forgot that you had only one ear....nor that you suffered from ear issues as a result of your taper.  I hope they resolve quickly.

NYC, what is the TCM you refer to in your signature?

And Bets, thanks so much for the kind words and reassurance that I am doing the reasonable thing. 

Good day to all,

Mana  :smitten:

Clona!  How wonderful to hear from you :smitten:sending you big hugs and congratulations on finishing your taper.  Amazing! Wow....so nice of you to continue to lend your  support to those of us who still have a way to go....Thank you also for your offer to help with a microtaper should I decide to go that route.  It may be the answer to surviving the next 1 mg journey all the way to nothing.

My ear issues are not so much sensitivity to noise, though that is part of it, as actual ear pain/pressure and then the too loud sound of my own voice in my head when I speak.  Crazy for me as I like to talk!!  :D. I didn't know, or maybe I forgot that you had only one ear....nor that you suffered from ear issues as a result of your taper.  I hope they resolve quickly.

NYC, what is the TCM you refer to in your signature?

And Bets, thanks so much for the kind words and reassurance that I am doing the reasonable thing. 

Good day to all,

Mana  :smitten:

Hello

I have no idea what is in it... Customized for me by my acupuncturist/herbalist. It has changed as I've dropped in dosage, just no clue how or what, but it works! The herbs are things I'm unfamiliar with, all formulated at a traditional Chinese medicine pharmacy, so need Rx, etc. Mine just says "wen Dan tang modified ++cooling + moistening 200 grams" with my name and acupuncturist name and an Rx #.  The "modified ++ cooling + moistening" is mystery to me, although she explains why she is modifying... This time to reduce heart rate, clear " heat", etc.  Basically more anxiety relief. Honestly, TCM is so complicated, impossible to self-prescribe, so need consult and regular follow ups with practitioner.

Good morning all,

And especially Bets and NYC.....you know, Saul did not microtaper as did Clona (whom I also miss...I know she has moved on to her blog and I should really get in touch..) ....no...I was patterning my taper after Saul's who did small dry cuts and holds down to zero. He was my model for going .0625 every two-three weeks..sometimes 10 days if I felt well enough. 

I plan to resume the .0625 cuts every two weeks or even .01325 every week once I return from an unexpected trip to see our kids and granddaughters b/c of a health issue there.  I need to be fully present and focused on them, not me.  But I do see that, as I wrote I think someplace, that'll order to taper down consistently, one has to acknowledge the difficult challenge and put it first.  If I keep holding for this and that, as important as they may be, I will never get done.  The ear issues I'm facing that seem to be increasing the longer I hold may be some sort of tolerance....whatever they are I want them GONE and this isn't working!

I will go over to the K Club later today...for now wishing you both smooth hours, days and a good week  :)

Hi:

I'm sorry your family in having health problems. Same here. I think holding during the visit is a very good idea :thumbsup:. I will be praying for your family. :smitten:

Got ya Bets....our friend from Saudi Arabia is back, MEexpat.... :)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=129523.msg1866386#msg1866386

sorry folks, had to catch up with Bets this way....there is no other.... ;)

I have been having side effects, mainly stress reactions and nightmares, warning me that I am overdoing the reduction.  So I am now going to reduce by only one-sixteenth of a 2 mg. Valium, in 20-part increments, with almond milk.  I realize that this one-sixteenth is just a tiny crumb of a tablet and will be imprecise, but I am hoping that it will be OK since Valium has a long half-life, and that things will even out over the 20 days.

Do you have any reactions to this plan?

Thank you so very much.

I'm another one who micro-tapered and healed on the way down. There have been others who did it this way and had good results; Diaz-pam and eliz are a couple of others who did well with this method around the time I did it. You could just read our posts for the details.

Good luck to you. We pretty much all eventually heal however we do it. The slow, symptoms based daily taper method seemed to me the most physiologic way of getting off benzos with the least difficulty.

Bart