Do we heal on the way down?

[ma...]

I know for certain that I have healed during my taper. Like builder said, your body/brain needs to adjust, and if you do a reasonable taper, like I am doing, you do heal. My micro taper off K is easy as pie. I plan to do the same when I get to my Valium. I don't have any windows or waves, I just feel pretty good all the way down. It's a very constant thing for me. I drop, I don't notice.

Bets

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ma...]

• [NY...]

• [be...]

• [Da...]

Bets,

At what point did you begin the microtaper?  I recall several months ago that you were tapering .03125 every 2-3 weeks or so.  I only recall this because Saul43 and Clona and you were discussing dry cutting, etc.  I may end up, once I begin tapering again, micro tapering but I sure would prefer to just keep on going down @ .0625 until I hit, say, .625, then reduce to .03125 the rest of the way and then drop doses the last month.  It feels like such a long road.....and for me it has not been easy at all...

Thanks...

Mana 

Is there no one who can say that he was better when he approached to zero? Should we expect to have zero benzo to start feeling good?

I do have windows but are still very hazy. For them I am calm, but quite dazed. It would be great to hear someone speak of improvement before reaching zero.

Debord, I believe builder, on this particular post, had a pretty darn good taper.  May want to ask him

Matt

Is there no one who can say that he was better when he approached to zero? Should we expect to have zero benzo to start feeling good?

I do have windows but are still very hazy. For them I am calm, but quite dazed. It would be great to hear someone speak of improvement before reaching zero.

I know for certain that I have healed during my taper. Like builder said, your body/brain needs to adjust, and if you do a reasonable taper, like I am doing, you do heal. My micro taper off K is easy as pie. I plan to do the same when I get to my Valium. I don't have any windows or waves, I just feel pretty good all the way down. It's a very constant thing for me. I drop, I don't notice.

Bets

Bets,

Since your still on 70mg Valium, that could be why you haven't had any problems during your K taper.

You are very lucky..... 

TRY

Debord, I believe builder, on this particular post, had a pretty darn good taper.  May want to ask him

Matt

Thanks. I´ll ask her and read her post.

:thumbsup:

To all those who do well with micro tapers..either liquid or dry micro cut..

Please direct me to the forum where you learn about this...each time I've looked at instructions it has seemed overwhelming!  :(...  Has anyone had ear issues that resolved on their way down rather than persisting?  I know I am asking unrelated questions but I am so impressed by many of you on this thread who have been successful with micro or daily tapers...I am preparing - mentally - to resume my taper from 1 mg down to zero by 9/1/15.  Disappointed that I have not been able to go more quickly but that would not bother me if I wasn't still plagued by ear issues on and off.  Am so afraid of developing tinnitus with one more cut!  :-\

So... Any thoughts re daily or micro vs small cut and hold....and also the ear thing.....

Congratulations to those of you who have successfully made it down to zero...especially the BB who tapered from 2.5 K from May '14 to Feb '15.....amazing job!!!  :thumbsup:

All best,

Mana

Please direct me to the forum where you learn about this...each time I've looked at instructions it has seemed overwhelming!  :(...  Has anyone had ear issues that resolved on their way down rather than persisting?  I know I am asking unrelated questions but I am so impressed by many of you on this thread who have been successful with micro or daily tapers...I am preparing - mentally - to resume my taper from 1 mg down to zero but 9/1/15.  Disappointed that I have not been able to go more quickly but that would not bother me if I wasn't still plagued by ear issues on and off.  Am so afraid of developing tinnitus with one more cut!  :-\

So... Any thoughts re daily or micro vs small cut and hold....and also the ear thing.....

Congratulations to those of you who have successfully made it down to zero...especially the BB who tapered from 2.5 K from May '14 to Feb '15.....amazing job!!!  :thumbsup:

All best,

Mana

My mama, come over to the Klonopin club alot of us on there are doing a MT Good caring people with lots of info so jump on over!~CD

Please direct me to the forum where you learn about this...each time I've looked at instructions it has seemed overwhelming!  :(...  Has anyone had ear issues that resolved on their way down rather than persisting?  I know I am asking unrelated questions but I am so impressed by many of you on this thread who have been successful with micro or daily tapers...I am preparing - mentally - to resume my taper from 1 mg down to zero by 9/1/15.  Disappointed that I have not been able to go more quickly but that would not bother me if I wasn't still plagued by ear issues on and off.  Am so afraid of developing tinnitus with one more cut!  :-\

All best,

Mana

I have tons of ear issues, what do you feel?

Matt

Thanks. I´ll ask her and read her post.

:thumbsup:

Clona21 too.  She has blog, clona21 to simply Clona. 

I felt better as I went down and before reaching zero. From what I have read here on this site, only some get better as they get closer to zero. We are considered " lucky ". I felt my share of horrible symptoms early on and into the middle of my taper. Things got much better as I got closer to zero.

But I also think that the reason we do not hear from more people who get better as they get closer to zero is that they don't need as much support so they do not post here. Maybe it's more than just some.  :)

It's good to hear from you Mana. I once read someone say that you can cut just as much doing a daily taper as you do dry cutting. For example, you may be able to cut .0625 or .03125 every 2-3 weeks, but by cutting a tiny mirco piece each day during the 2-3 week window rather than a big chunk all at once.

I have also read that daily micro cutting seems daunting at first, but then becomes very simple and easy once you get the hang of it.

Things are very good for me now, I just like to check in every once in a while.

Dan Man,

The ear sxs I have are sensitivity to sound, ear pain and pressure and hearing my own voice reverberate inside my head.

All of these vary in intensity and come and go.  The sxs are worst before the next dose of Clonazepam -  some kind of tolerance I guess.  For much of the day, especially if I'm outside and walking or otherwise busy they disappear completely.

It should be noted, however that I never ever had any ear issues before a few months into my taper off this dread drug.  I just hope that once I'm done..they will retreat into memory.

Saul!!  So good to hear you are doing well.  Never doubted it for a minute, though I miss you a great deal.  Odd maybe....but true!  I do want to get through this taper but am stalled for a bunch of reasons.  I will resume it soon and put it first as I must if I'm ever to get it over with.

Stay well, my dear Saul. 

And can do....thank you for the invitation to come over to the K Club....I have thought about it of course...but I am somewhat fearful....I will do soon...thank you again...very kind of you.

And to all still on this challenging journey...good night.  :smitten:

My mana-

I get all those symptoms too: voice reverberates (autophony), sound sensitivity (hyperacusis), blocked/full/stuffy feeling, and tinnitus.

I feel like I have supersonic hearing, cuz I can hear everything, and i hate it.

I've found I'm feeling better overall already since I started a steady taper. I feel way better in myself than I did a few weeks and months ago - more clear headed, less panicky, stronger, calmer, blurred vision, tinnitus and dizziness improving.

I still have sleep issues, and palpitations but much better in other areas.

Dan Man,

The ear sxs I have are sensitivity to sound, ear pain and pressure and hearing my own voice reverberate inside my head.

All of these vary in intensity and come and go.  The sxs are worst before the next dose of Clonazepam -  some kind of tolerance I guess.  For much of the day, especially if I'm outside and walking or otherwise busy they disappear completely.

It should be noted, however that I never ever had any ear issues before a few months into my taper off this dread drug.  I just hope that once I'm done..they will retreat into memory.

Saul!!  So good to hear you are doing well.  Never doubted it for a minute, though I miss you a great deal.  Odd maybe....but true!  I do want to get through this taper but am stalled for a bunch of reasons.  I will resume it soon and put it first as I must if I'm ever to get it over with.

Stay well, my dear Saul. 

And can do....thank you for the invitation to come over to the K Club....I have thought about it of course...but I am somewhat fearful....I will do soon...thank you again...very kind of you.

And to all still on this challenging journey...good night.  :smitten:

my mana, yes do come over to the k club lots of support and people withdrawing from k it`s a tough benzo to kick as you for sure know ! ~CD

I felt better as I went down and before reaching zero. From what I have read here on this site, only some get better as they get closer to zero. We are considered " lucky ". I felt my share of horrible symptoms early on and into the middle of my taper. Things got much better as I got closer to zero.

But I also think that the reason we do not hear from more people who get better as they get closer to zero is that they don't need as much support so they do not post here. Maybe it's more than just some.  :)

It's good to hear from you Mana. I once read someone say that you can cut just as much doing a daily taper as you do dry cutting. For example, you may be able to cut .0625 or .03125 every 2-3 weeks, but by cutting a tiny mirco piece each day during the 2-3 week window rather than a big chunk all at once.

I have also read that daily micro cutting seems daunting at first, but then becomes very simple and easy once you get the hang of it.

Things are very good for me now, I just like to check in every once in a while.

Hi Saul,

I really like your taper...similar to what Clona did, who I followed, and had a terrific landing btw, but still don't understand micro!  Did you cut .003 per day?  I'm sorry, looked at your sig, but math during taper =  :idiot:.  I recall Clona mentioning .003g to start, at 1mg, then slowing down, as I see you did.  I cut to 1.80mg today, will keep up with 10% cut/holds until I drop to 1mg.  If you can be my 'taper mirror', many thanks!  I have everything down, including **good** scale, spreadsheet ready to go with a separate column for daily cuts. Just not sure what the verdict was on a reasonable gram weight to cut, how often...hard to tell with micro sigs, although like your timeframe...nice curve to jumping, but not too drawn out.  Thank you!!!

my mana: Yes, pls do what can do says. I joined it a bit afraid and was immediately welcomed. They have a lot of patience and got me through step by step with my micro taper. I must have asked them about 10 times the same thing. :idiot: You can always also try general taper plans or titration plans... You'll get the hang of it very quickly. Once you understand what they are telling you. You can PM Clona21 if you like. Or BennieJets.

Bets

my mana: Yes, pls do what can do says. I joined it a bit afraid and was immediately welcomed. They have a lot of patience and got me through step by step with my micro taper. I must have asked them about 10 times the same thing. :idiot: You can always also try general taper plans or titration plans... You'll get the hang of it very quickly. Once you understand what they are telling you. You can PM Clona21 if you like. Or BennieJets.

Bets

It's true, KKlub will get you on your path.  Lol Bets.  I am on there all of the time, but as my post above shows, I have asked the question above now a humiliatingly large number of times, always with extremely thoughtful answers, but there is something about Saul's sig + timeline that made it click for (math + taper changing phobic) me.  For first time does not seem daunting! Huzzah.

You're so close Bets, high fives!  Miss you on kk.  :smitten:

WR

NY:

I know you are still on there as I am a lurker. :D I just changed my sig and am now down to just .3 mg. So I'm getting there. Since I am on a pretty low dose right now, and have gotten the micro taper down pat, I'm hanging around the val section because I needed some info on how to do that. Once again I asked the same question about 10X. I think builder must think I am an idiot. Perhaps I am. It's all this benzo brain, which finally, is disappearing. I'm glad to see you you are tapering so well! See you in the funny pictures!!!

:hug:

Bets

NY:

I know you are still on there as I am a lurker. :D I just changed my sig and am now down to just .3 mg. So I'm getting there. Since I am on a pretty low dose right now, and have gotten the micro taper down pat, I'm hanging around the val section because I needed some info on how to do that. Once again I asked the same question about 10X. I think builder must think I am an idiot. Perhaps I am. It's all this benzo brain, which finally, is disappearing. I'm glad to see you you are tapering so well! See you in the funny pictures!!!

Bets

Big smiles.  I sensed that the janitor was lurking :laugh:.  I'm so happy for you, Bets.  To this day when the going gets tough, i often think ' if Bets can do it from 10mg with steady mind and some humor to boot, so can I!".  Big big hugs to you friend!!! 

Good morning all,

And especially Bets and NYC.....you know, Saul did not microtaper as did Clona (whom I also miss...I know she has moved on to her blog and I should really get in touch..) ....no...I was patterning my taper after Saul's who did small dry cuts and holds down to zero. He was my model for going .0625 every two-three weeks..sometimes 10 days if I felt well enough. 

I plan to resume the .0625 cuts every two weeks or even .01325 every week once I return from an unexpected trip to see our kids and granddaughters b/c of a health issue there.  I need to be fully present and focused on them, not me.  But I do see that, as I wrote I think someplace, that'll order to taper down consistently, one has to acknowledge the difficult challenge and put it first.  If I keep holding for this and that, as important as they may be, I will never get done.  The ear issues I'm facing that seem to be increasing the longer I hold may be some sort of tolerance....whatever they are I want them GONE and this isn't working!

I will go over to the K Club later today...for now wishing you both smooth hours, days and a good week  :)

NY:

Bets

Big smiles.  I sensed that the janitor was lurking :laugh:.  I'm so happy for you, Bets.  To this day when the going gets tough, i often think ' if Bets can do it from 10mg with steady mind and some humor to boot, so can I!".  Big big hugs to you friend!!!

NYC:

ha ha. You have a very good memory. I forgot that a long while ago I mentioned that I was the janitor of KK. :laugh::hug:

Good morning all,

And especially Bets and NYC.....you know, Saul did not microtaper as did Clona (whom I also miss...I know she has moved on to her blog and I should really get in touch..) ....no...I was patterning my taper after Saul's who did small dry cuts and holds down to zero. He was my model for going .0625 every two-three weeks..sometimes 10 days if I felt well enough. 

I plan to resume the .0625 cuts every two weeks or even .01325 every week once I return from an unexpected trip to see our kids and granddaughters b/c of a health issue there.  I need to be fully present and focused on them, not me.  But I do see that, as I wrote I think someplace, that'll order to taper down consistently, one has to acknowledge the difficult challenge and put it first.  If I keep holding for this and that, as important as they may be, I will never get done.  The ear issues I'm facing that seem to be increasing the longer I hold may be some sort of tolerance....whatever they are I want them GONE and this isn't working!

I will go over to the K Club later today...for now wishing you both smooth hours, days and a good week  :)

Hi:

I'm sorry your family in having health problems. Same here. I think holding during the visit is a very good idea :thumbsup:. I will be praying for your family. :smitten:

What a Wonderful thread I just found  :smitten:

Yes, I do believe we start to heal during taper, I am doing many things I could not do before taper and for years.

Mana! Congratulations for your progress!!! A Big hug my Friend, I also have sometimes that sound sensitivity you are speaking of, but it does decrease in both intensity and frequency as the dose gets lower. I mean the sound needs to be high and either acute or bass for my CNS to jump, few days ago I was surprised I was in a welding place and a guy was cutting metal and my CNS was fine  :smitten: 2 days later my little Dog with acute barking was bothering my ear, but it does get better, I remember having ear pain at about the dose you are at now. If you ever want to switch to microtaper I can help you, WR, or any of you to do that, Just post in any thread you want and send me a PM to know where did you post and I will be there immediatelly  :smitten:

Saul Thank you  :smitten:, WR, Bets...a Big hug  :smitten:

Bets! You are so low now! Congratulations!  :smitten:

Do we know we are healing from the way we feel ?  I can definitely do things that I could not six months ago. However, these days, each wave has become so inadmissible that I feel I'm suffering much more than before. Our appreciation of facts seems to be distorted enough so that the healing comes out of sight. A very bad day compared to the worst day of my life is no real improvement. Still, a witness may tell me that I'm objectively healing.