Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thanks Sharkey and V those answers helped me with some similar questions I was having.

I tapered .0019mg on Sunday and then again on Tuesday and today I feel awful. I know you guys don't experience it but I really think that it may be due to my cycle. I'm hoping, but I'm going back to my hold mode for a few days at least. I'll see how I feel next week and decide if I want to try to taper again. It's really frustrating not knowing how far changing the generics has set me back. I was hoping to get some tapering in before the holidays because I want to hold over the holidays. I'm trying to stay functional all of the time though and today I really wasn't. I really hope I'll be able to taper more quickly over time. I just have to listen to my body and not my brain that is telling me that I really need to taper so I'm not on these meds forever.

You guys are great. Thanks for all your wonderful answers.

Hugs and healing  :smitten::hug:

T

That is the great thing about micro tapering.  You can start and stop when you need to based on how you feel.  You can also try cutting every other day and see how it goes.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thanks Sharkey,

It's great to see you here. That is the great thing about micro tapering. Another great thing is that when you stop because you are starting to feel the w/d sxs you recover a lot faster.

I was trying the every other day and after the second day ended up with worsening sxs. I'm thinking about maybe cutting twice a week. If that doesn't work maybe I'll just hold for awhile. I may not have recovered from the generic switch yet.

Thanks again and thanks for showing us it can be done :)  :smitten:  :hug:

T

Thanks y'all. :smitten: Will be popping in to keep track of you , so be good!

Looking at clock. Tapping fingers. Why is that pesky word still there?  >:(

Good luck Gard!  Take care of your self, I'm sure you will do great  :smitten:

Stay strong!

Sharkey

So good to see you, Sharkey! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I taper 1 mg. And take the rest dry. Currently I am at .5 dry to taper or 1/4 of a 2 mg pill. Luckily this coincided with a trip so I do not have to do any liquid until I return. So last night I discovered I accidentally took two one quarter pills instead of one. In summary just last night I took 6 mg instead of 5.5. Tonight I will resume the normal amount. Do you think I will be okay or should I expect some symptoms when I resume back down to the 5.5 after this one-night mistake?

I taper 1 mg. And take the rest dry. Currently I am at .5 dry to taper or 1/4 of a 2 mg pill. Luckily this coincided with a trip so I do not have to do any liquid until I return. So last night I discovered I accidentally took two one quarter pills instead of one. In summary just last night I took 6 mg instead of 5.5. Tonight I will resume the normal amount. Do you think I will be okay or should I expect some symptoms when I resume back down to the 5.5 after this one-night mistake?

No big deal.  It will cause you no problems or sxs  whatsoever.  Just resume your normal taper schedule and you will be fine

I'm tapering .002 mg a day; so far, so good.  I've done the math again and again to make sure it's right, because I am feeling better than before the start of the taper.  I know: it's a very small taper!  I'm wondering if I can decant the top portion of the liquid (titrated with propylene glycol) because when I swirl the liquid, the sediment clogs up the syringe.  I don't want to use a new syringe every day, and even if I did, if I swirl, etc.  There seems to be a controversy about whether the k is truly dissolved or just suspended, and I don't want to risk leaving some of it in the bottom of the jar if it's simply suspended.  I don't mind leaving some of the liquid in the bottom because my gp is very understanding, so I don't have a problem getting more meds if I waste a little.  Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

Hi flibberty,

I don't know if you want to change what type of liquid you are tapering with but I use cashew milk, any high fat milk will do. K is fat soluble so it attaches itself to the fat in the milk and stays suspended in the liquid. I still shake it before I remove the amount I need to but I don't have to worry about any of the k settling out. The additives do settle to the bottom of the cup if it sits for awhile so I always shake it up. I barely taper anything yet so I'm still pulling and tossing and drinking the amount I need so I always rinse the container too. Just a thought for you if you are interested.

I'm so glad that your taper is going well.  ;D

Hugs  :smitten::hug:

T

I'm tapering .002 mg a day; so far, so good.  I've done the math again and again to make sure it's right, because I am feeling better than before the start of the taper.  I know: it's a very small taper!  I'm wondering if I can decant the top portion of the liquid (titrated with propylene glycol) because when I swirl the liquid, the sediment clogs up the syringe.  I don't want to use a new syringe every day, and even if I did, if I swirl, etc.  There seems to be a controversy about whether the k is truly dissolved or just suspended, and I don't want to risk leaving some of it in the bottom of the jar if it's simply suspended.  I don't mind leaving some of the liquid in the bottom because my gp is very understanding, so I don't have a problem getting more meds if I waste a little.  Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

There is no controversy about it...Klonipin is highly soluble in propylene glycol.  The K will be uniformly distributed, so if you want to draw from the upper part, that will work fine. 

BTW, those syringes are really designated as single-use, although almost all of us use them multiple times.  (I actually used the same 1ml, 10ml and 60 ml for the entire 2 years of my taper.)  But if you really have concerns about it,  Amazon sells 1ml syringes for about 15 cents, and 10ml for about 50 cents.

Can I get some math help please - Sharkey or Builder or anyone?

I have been reducing my compound Clonazepam on 2 different strengths, and I'm almost done!  The first strength is 0.1 mg/ml and the second is 0.01 mg/ml; I have been reducing both strengths by 0.1 ml every 10 days.  My schedule looks like this:

0.1 mg/ml                  0.01 mg/ml

0.2                              0.9

0.2                              0.8

0.2                              0.7

0.2                              0.6

etc....                          etc..

0.1                              0.9

0.1                              0.8

etc...                          etc...

0.1                              0.1 -  Current dose

Where do I go from here??  My Pharmacist says to do this:

nil                                0.9

nil                                0.8

etc... all the way down to zero again...and then to dose this strength by .01 every other day for abt. a

week and then jump

I know I'm super close to jumping, I'm just lost as to where to go from here.  Hope this makes sense...

Thank you.

For my Librium buddies on here who are doing liquid titration....GARD & Vineet!!

I went to liquid librium last night finally...yay!  I dissolved my 5mg capsule in 3mls of Vodka and then added 97 mls.  Had no issues BUT since Librium is water soluable, is there really a need for using alcohol?  Can't I just do water?  I'm very uncomfortable using alcohol on a daily basis...it was very strong but maybe some of that was the med taste..idk.  I had forgotten how much I hate alcohol and I'm a super lightweight...got pretty drowsy afterwards but didn't last long and wasn't an unpleasant feeling or anything but just hoping I'm not gonna have issues with it since it does work on the GAbA?  So my question is...can I do just water?

Thank you!

Vineet...how are you doing? 

Bump

Sure is quiet without Gardner :-). How things going girl?

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hmmm, does this mean I talk a lot?  :laugh:

Hanging in there and cutting away. Lots of fatigue and some muscle pain. Want to knock off a capsule by the end of October so I can hold through the holidays. :thumbsup:

Hi Gard!!  :smitten: :smitten:

That word is gone.  Hope you are doing well!!  Things are good here.  I got down to 0.168 mg/day--where I was before the up dose back in June 2016. 

Enjoy your evening!!

Anne  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

For my Librium buddies on here who are doing liquid titration....GARD & Vineet!!

I went to liquid librium last night finally...yay!  I dissolved my 5mg capsule in 3mls of Vodka and then added 97 mls.  Had no issues BUT since Librium is water soluable, is there really a need for using alcohol?  Can't I just do water?  I'm very uncomfortable using alcohol on a daily basis...it was very strong but maybe some of that was the med taste..idk.  I had forgotten how much I hate alcohol and I'm a super lightweight...got pretty drowsy afterwards but didn't last long and wasn't an unpleasant feeling or anything but just hoping I'm not gonna have issues with it since it does work on the GAbA?  So my question is...can I do just water?

Thank you!

Vineet...how are you doing?

Hi. There is disagreement among "experts" about how soluble Librium really is in water. Some say readily and some say barely.

If the taste is the issue, after you have your dose measured, just add more water or juice or something to mask the taste.

I take 3ml 3 times/day and feel no effects. And I am the kind of person who gets sleepy from half a glass of wine. My doctor assured me I could take 3ml of alcohol 3 times/day without concern.

There are other options. You can dissolve benzos with propylene glycol which you can get on amazon. One of the chemistry gurus would have to figure out the amount you would need.

Or you could just use water and create a suspension. That means shaking like crazy, making sure you haven't created a vortex, and pulling your dose out quickly while all the little particles are still suspended evenly (they all sink quickly). This was actually a common method for quite some time and some still do it successfully.

So, yes, you have options. I think I might try just diluting my dose after I measured it to make it more palatable. That would be the simplest change from where you're at.

Good for you for starting. :thumbsup: I'm sure you'll figure this out.

Gard :smitten:

Hi Gard!!  :smitten: :smitten:

That word is gone.  Hope you are doing well!!  Things are good here.  I got down to 0.168 mg/day--where I was before the up dose back in June 2016. 

Enjoy your evening!!

Anne  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Anne. Yup, gone! ;)

That's great that you are back down to 0.168!!! :clap: So happy for you!

Gard :smitten:

I have been reducing my compound Clonazepam on 2 different strengths, and I'm almost done!  The first strength is 0.1 mg/ml and the second is 0.01 mg/ml; I have been reducing both strengths by 0.1 ml every 10 days.  My schedule looks like this:

etc... all the way down to zero again...and then to dose this strength by .01 every other day for abt. a

week and then jump

I know I'm super close to jumping, I'm just lost as to where to go from here.  Hope this makes sense...

Thank you.

Reposting my inquiry again - can anyone comment..

Thank you.

GARD..thanks so much!  I'm doing okay with the taste for now.  Since I'm not taking anything out yet I just use water and shake the hell outta it and then drink.  I suppose I'll try the alcohol once I start tapering down. I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Nice to know that little bit of alcohol shouldn't be a problem.  Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I'm in a little wave right now from switching over to liquid.  gonna hold for awhile.

Bump

Sure is quiet without Gardner :-). How things going girl?

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hmmm, does this mean I talk a lot?  :laugh:

Hanging in there and cutting away. Lots of fatigue and some muscle pain. Want to knock off a capsule by the end of October so I can hold through the holidays. :thumbsup:

Have fun cutting, Gard!! I'm sure it's great to see the progress happening. Going DOWN on the dose. Yesssss! Take it all the way to the finish :)

Bless you!

Jeff

week and then jump

Thank you.

Reposting my inquiry again - can anyone comment..

Thank you.

My goodness! I wish I had the brain power to help you with that math. Actually, I'd be happy to just have a brain. My brain cells left with the hair :) . Hopefully Builder can chime in and help you. Congrats on being so close!!

Jeff

week and then jump

Thank you.

So your current dose is .01mg+.001mg, or .011mg

And your planned schedule is  .001mg/10 days.

At your dose, that's a fairly conservative taper, and should cause no problem.  Actually, at .011mg (.22mg Valium equivalent) yoou could probably just quit.  .001mg is not providing any therapeutic effect anyway.

-2mg Klonopin 9 years

I am glad I found this thread. I am tapering for the first time ever. Every other time I have CT and had side effects for months. It never worked.

I just dropped from 2mg to 1.75 a day. ( which is around a 12% drop. I am going to see if my symptoms stabalize in the next 2-3 weeks then start tapering at a much lower rate ) Feeling the drop by day 2. I am on day 4 and feeling moderate side effects. I am hopeful they will go away after a few weeks.

Please let me know if I am doing this wrong or if anyone has any advice.

Thanks

J

Hi Jacob, I belong to a large Facebook group and many are tapering off the K.  From everything I've read on there, that is somewhat of a big cut you took.  Have you read the Ashton Manual...it says not to go over 10% per month.  I would definitely "hold" till you are very stabilized and go down at a lower rate...some are cutting down by 2.5% even.  Hope this helps!  Just go very slow so you don't risk having to updose. 

Good luck!