Tapering with Dissolving Tablets

[De...]

Doctors gave me .0125 dissolving tablets. Have been at .25 mg tablets for two weeks. Took me two months to taper off .5 mg. What would be the best method to taper? Have epilepsy - serious concerns of having seizure withdrawals. Went to see a counselor - she told me to stay on the Klonopin. The stuff is a living nightmare. Neurologists increased my seizure meds to protect me from seizures. Does the .0125 Klonopin come in something other than a dissolving tablet? How is it possible to taper to .00625?  Is that possible with a dissolving tablet? At what intervals? Thanks  :-\

Hey Desert Lily,

I think you are on the right board.  I personally think liquid titration is the best method because you can decrease as slow as you want.  Highly recommend a consistent slow daily reduction, this gives your body time to adjust to the reductions and reduce chance of seizures.  Most people start at .0015mg or .0033mg a day. 

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hey Desert Lily,

I think you are on the right board.  I personally think liquid titration is the best method because you can decrease as slow as you want.  Highly recommend a consistent slow daily reduction, this gives your body time to adjust to the reductions and reduce chance of seizures.  Most people start at .0015mg or .0033mg a day. 

Stay strong!

sharkey

:thumbsup:

Hey Desert Lily,

Stay strong!

sharkey

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: