Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Short term benzo users

[sn...]

Hello short term BB'S!  :smitten:

I hope everyone is getting some relief!?! I'm still in a wave , it's been a month long doozy!

Stay strong BB'S!! :hug:

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [me...]

• [...]

• [su...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Blessed.

What are your lingering s/x?  For such short term use and low dose I'm surprised you still have issues, but its not unheard of.

Wishing you a huge window soon!

Dave

Hi Blessed.

What are your lingering s/x?  For such short term use and low dose I'm surprised you still have issues, but its not unheard of.

Wishing you a huge window soon!

Dave

Hello Petronomicon! :smitten:

My symptoms today are:

Lower back pain

Morning anxiety

Cortisol surges

Burning/stinging skin

Pain in bottom of legs/feet

Bladder pressure

Stomach burning/pain (no acid reflux)

I didn't have these sxs prior to taking a benzo. As a matter of fact, I didn't have any of the sxs prior to taking a benzo, that I have experienced. It's almost unbelievable! Crazy rollercoaster ride for sure. However, I did occasionally have anxiety but nothing no where near the anxiety that comes with taking and recovering from a benzo.

:hug:

I hear ya.  This garbage has a boomerang effect that would kill a troop of kangaroos.

Physical and psychological effects you've never once experienced are suddenly all too real.  And every single sensation in your body is magnified times a thousand.

My weaknesses such as depression, anxiety and nausea were off the charts.

Anywho, I have no doubt you will continue to make progress.  So many are so sensitive to this drug and takes longer to heal than others. 

I pray for your healing and support in this journey.  Everyone heals.  I'm confident you'll get there!

If you haven't already, you may want to try a really small dose of plain aspirin for pain relief.  Some people have had luck where other meds don't rev s/x.

Healing hugs for you!  :hug:

Dave

I hear ya.  This garbage has a boomerang effect that would kill a troop of kangaroos.

Physical and psychological effects you've never once experienced are suddenly all too real.  And every single sensation in your body is magnified times a thousand.

My weaknesses such as depression, anxiety and nausea were off the charts.

Anywho, I have no doubt you will continue to make progress.  So many are so sensitive to this drug and takes longer to heal than others. 

I pray for your healing and support in this journey.  Everyone heals.  I'm confident you'll get there!

If you haven't already, you may want to try a really small dose of plain aspirin for pain relief.  Some people have had luck where other meds don't rev s/x.

Healing hugs for you!  :hug:

Dave

Thank you!  :smitten: I appreciate your kind words, prayers, support and reassurance. This process definitely seems to be more difficult with people around (on a daily basis) that doesn't have an inking of a clue about the recovery process. But I just don't even try to explain it anymore.

I will continue to keep you as well as all BB'S in prayer for comfort and complete healing soon!

Stay strong!  :hug:

Blessed, where do you get the burning/stining pain? I get it near my spine.

Hello maggiemay! :smitten:

I'm sorry that you are still suffering as well! Yesterday, my back and sides were stinging.

Thankful so far today, I've had none of the stinging. It has been more morning anxiety, lower back pain and stomach/intestinal stuff. It is almost unbelievable how sxs change up so much.

I hope you get a window that continuously stays permanently wide open!! :hug:

I would like to join this group. I am over 17 months out and having a horrific time. Took Ativan for 1.5 months and then cold turkey. Then reinstated to taper. Total time was a little over three months taking it. Just praying I'll survive this and heal.

I would like to join this group. I am over 17 months out and having a horrific time. Took Ativan for 1.5 months and then cold turkey. Then reinstated to taper. Total time was a little over three months taking it. Just praying I'll survive this and heal.

Hello Angelprint! :smitten:

I'm so sorry you are suffering so much! If my memory serves me right, as I was reading through older threads the other day, I came across a thread that I believe you had posted (I didn't get to finish reading it completely because my Nextbook went out and then I couldn't find the thread) I remember reading that sxs were really bad and would only seem to calm down a little after a bowel movement... but it may not have been you that had posted that. But I so, I would like to share that in the beginning of my withdrawal those very same things would happen to me as well. It continued in that pattern up until just a couple of weeks ago.

Please know that you aren't alone, and it WILL get better, I promise!! :hug:

Yes that was me and oddly it has taken a turn for the worse. All of my symptoms seem to be revolving around the action of digestion and passing stools. If you read some of my recent posts I describe it there. I am so glad that stopped for you. I feel very much that my vagus nerve has been very badly effected. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and for your kindness.

Yes that was me and oddly it has taken a turn for the worse. All of my symptoms seem to be revolving around the action of digestion and passing stools. If you read some of my recent posts I describe it there. I am so glad that stopped for you. I feel very much that my vagus nerve has been very badly effected. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and for your kindness.

You're very welcome hon! And I hope you are getting some relief!!  :smitten:

Stay strong! :hug:

Hey everyone,

I was on Xanax Retard 0.5 for just 5 weeks... after an to fast taper of a short working benzo... Started December 2015 on Diazepam 10 mg, been on 4 mg now... not daring to take the step to 3.5 ; so trying to decide on what to do..

Grz

Sh x

Hey hey,

I've been on Xanax only for 8 weeks.

I'm now on week 8 of being off Xanax and still in major acute withdrawal.

I had 4 windows so far where I felt 90% to 100% recovered for 1-2 days. Each time I ended up in a worse wave than before.

Sleep is usually 2 to 4 hours per night broken up. No improvement at all in regards to insomnia.

Reading this whole discussion it seems almost every single person who posted here as a short term user is still not healed 6-10 months out.

Quite disappointing.

The only ones that are fine are the ones who did not have a very bad first month. Everyone else is still not well after close to a year.

I was on less than 4 mg diazapam for about 4 months then tapered down 1mg then jumped.  I was having symptoms during the taper and just couldn't stand it any longer.  Wanted to be rid if the poison.  A little over 10 months benzo free. Still having symptoms but know I am healing. It is so frustrating at times and disappointing.  Hang in there BB warriors.  Our bodies are healing.  Best wishes to all of you.  :-*

[95...]
Hi i was on daizapam for 3 months but on and off my Doctor kindeled me! ,53 days off and still having a bad time, i was having moments where i couldnt talk just jerk  gring me teeth and say "Wait" im having waves and panic and ,mass anxitey,today i was scared all day just terrible,kept thinking im going mad how do these things do this but i had to swat those thoughts and hold on.it used to be worse in the morning with severe confusion but that is less now,it turns to fear quickly .i have good days but they are just relief.I hope these severe symptoms dont last to much longer

You're very welcome hon! And I hope you are getting some relief!!  :smitten:

Stay strong! :hug:

Thank you so much. Unfortunately I have only gotten worse. Praying for mercy.

I was on xanax for 3 months.  It will be 1 year this March since my c/t withdrawal.  I am much better.  Not 100% yet, but getting there.  Every passing month is better than the previous. You will heal, unfortunately it takes longer than we want. Stay away from alcohol, and anything that effects GABA receptors. Try to eat a healthy diet, include probiotics. Fight the negative thoughts, immediately replace them with positive. And if you are a believer in Christ, draw near to Him!  Love, Meggie  :smitten:

Dave. Just got back from Disney. It was nice to have a chance of scenery. The weather was beautiful.  Even had a couple of drinks. Took away all the withdrawal symptoms and felt good to have some normalcy. Felt fine both times I had a drink the next day. Didn't throw me into a wave at all. Had spoken to my doc about this before I left. Said to not overdo but would rather have me take a few sips of a drink rather than updose. Just not to make a habit of it. I'm not really much of a drinker but will keep this in my Arsenal  if need be. Meeting with him Monday to discuss reducing .125 ever week as my life has been fairly manageable. The girls had a fabulous time in the crazy kingdom. I never stepped a foot into it. Lol. Hung by the pool and rented a pontoon boat every day blasting my country music. The trip made me realize I have been operating thus far in a fear based way due to all the horror stories it read here. Gonna try to go down a bit faster and see how my body feels. Told him I'm going to go with how I am feeling. He's 100 percent behind whatever I decide. Thanks for all of your advice. Didn't need earplugs  But the sunglasses were a must. Lol. Hope all is well with you. Will let you know how it goes. Cut last Tuesday n so far so good :smitten::thumbsup:

Hi apc4455...just a quick shout out to say that I am pretty much healed just past the one year mark....you can look at my one year post I just made if you go to my posts list...

but yes, I even wrote in my one year celebration post that for at least the first 3 months, and really the first 6, each window would lead to a wave where I felt I went 2  steps back further, into worse acute each time....after 6 months I started finally sleeping again, and from there on the end of the year is when I have had steady, visible improvement month by month....each month has had fewer waves, and fewer symptoms, and the symptoms are all weaker and weaker for the most part....some very residual tinnitus, flitting in and out of depersonalisation, and some teeth/eye symptoms....but I have felt 90% healed since about the 6 month, and am closer to 95% now....almost ready to write my success story....

I know ML Magic, Always Frantastic and several others all had their last dose and one year anniversary around the same time as me, and they report they are doing great (read their posts!)  They just don't post as often I think because once you've made it out of hell, it's hard to come back here as often....

but it has gotten so much better for so many that just aren't posting here right now...so take heart!  You can do this, and I hope at your one year mark you will feel you have your life back to the same extent I do.....

:smitten:

Hi,

I am new to this but also a short term user. I was on 50mg zoloft for 6 weeks, 7.5mg zopliclone for 3 weeks, intermittent xanax and 25mg amytriptiline for 11 days - all for a  back injury. I had a really bad reaction 11 days after being put on the amytriptiline and ended up in A&E overnight with severe tachycardia and muscle spasms. After this I spoke to my GP who said it was ok to come off all the meds as they were low doses and I wasn't on them that long. I was fine for 2 weeks after this and then all hell broke loose and I am now in my 27th month of withdrawal and finding it so hard. I have  have had every symptom in the book but the latest are sever muscle spasms, can't move my right arm, severe ear and sinus pressure, vertigo along with the usual... internal vibrations, tinnitus, sensitivities etc etc.. the past 3 months have been the worst and I am now housebound and can't drive and spend alot of time in bed.

Will this ever end ? Am so worn down at this stage and it just all seems neverending.

Wishing you all to be well soon and free of this nightmare.. Blessings :angel:

I am speechless.

You were on them for 6 weeks and you are still in withdrawal at 27 MONTHS?

I'm honestly not sure what to say... maybe you should do a checkup and see if you don;t have some other conditions that cause these symptoms.

Hi apc4455, the time on the drug(s) doesn't necessarily correlate with the length of withdrawal. For example I was on for just nine days. I'm mostly recovered now but I was in terrible shape for many months, and in kind of crappy condition for a long time after that. Still a few minor lingering issues.

Allie23, what you describe sounds like withdrawal to me and not any other condition. And yes it will end, and before it ends it will start to improve. It's really difficult and awful but it isn't permanent. I found getting outside helped a lot over time. Hang in there and best wishes. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks Polydactyl,

Sorry you had a withdrawal after such a short time and thanks so much for your reassuring words.  I have had every test in the book and they have all come back negative.I have also been in touch with a few helplines and they have all assured me that my symptoms are typical withdrawal and that there are many people that are in withdrawal for a long time even after a short period of being on the drugs.

Trust me APC4455 - there is no one  as gobsmacked as me that I am still going through this . Aside from the symptoms I think the hardest part is the upheaval to your life and the isolation and not being able to work.

Thanks for the good wishes. Same to you .

• 4 weeks later...

I took 0.25 mg of klonopin for only 6 wks. Didn't know abt withdrawal. Doc said to cut it in half for a wk and I went into severe withdrawal. He said it couldn't be the K. Ugh!

Now, 6 mo later, crossed to L.

FEel like I've made no progress.