Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Short term benzo users

[sn...]

Agreed!  I'm saying hello to all my neighbors now.  I'm trying to be nice and thoughtful to ppl who used to irritate the heck out of me, and I'm thankful I'm still alive and feeling better.  I hope the good parts/thoughts are permanent and the other crap goes away soon.  I've heard many people come out the other side feeling BETTER then they've ever in their life!  That's hope I like to hear! :thumbsup:

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [me...]

• [...]

• [su...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Corsair - Taking time off from work may not be a choice, but can turn out to be such a blessing. For me, it's been both: I've been taking a break from working since early September and don't yet have a defined date of when I'll return (depends on healing). But I can tell you that taking this time off and concentrating on regaining my health has really started to pay off. Normal med-free sleep is finally slowly coming back and symptoms receding. Most days, I feel pretty good, which I definitely could not say until very recently. I hope this will happen for you, also. To help things along, I'd recommend eating as healthy as you possibly can. (I've been on a detox diet since April: dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free.) Also try doing whatever exercise you're able and getting outside for a portion of each day, even if only your own backyard.

thank you!

I eat sugar and gluten free, but not dairy free at this point. I will be starting probiotics (though it's tablet form because I'm to tired to make my own) But a friend recommended me a good brand. I hope this is ok, because a lot of people on here take probiotics via food and not via tablet.

thank you!

I eat sugar and gluten free, but not dairy free at this point. I will be starting probiotics (though it's tablet form because I'm to tired to make my own) But a friend recommended me a good brand. I hope this is ok, because a lot of people on here take probiotics via food and not via tablet.

There is a probiotic strain called L rhamnosus that helps with GABA.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=119657.0

thank you!

There is a probiotic strain called L rhamnosus that helps with GABA.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=119657.0

That's a lot to take in with no sleep :P

So if i take tablets with the ramnosus (the one i ordered contains this kind) it will be fine?

It's going feel so nice when I get back to my normal self.  Today was ok.  I had a major episode this morning, then after that things went fairly smooth.  Tonight when I got home, my CNS feels like it revved up again.  Hoping things smooth out. 

I know, I know - waves and windows.  F#$%!!  :tickedoff:

It's only been 13 days since my c/t but this cog-fog, sense of someone else trying to force their way into my head will not subside!

Odd that I feel worse every morning, and always better by evening.

WHY??

I hate this feeling, and keep thinking something is permanently wrong with me because of HIGH benzo use for about 4 days - 60 1mg Lorazepam. 

Is it possible there is permanent brain damage?

Anyone else take such a high dose in such a short period?

Frustrated today - sorry for such negativity.  I'm really not that horribly bad off, just frustrated. :)

Hugs to all!

Petronomicon hang in there.  We'll get through this. 

Every morning I wonder how am I going to do this, then the day is a complete roller coaster and it's time for bed.  Today was no different.  I can't believe I'm still going through this after almost 2 weeks.  I thought for sure it would let up by now.  I think I'm pretty sedated in the morning from my trazodone, then by the afternoon it wears off and I get socked with the anxiety. 

I just want to breath normally.  If somebody told me this would all go away if I told my deepest darkest secret, I think I would do it. 

Ok.. positive notes of the day.  I was craving Ice Cream again and other favorite foods.  My appetite hasn't been the best lately.  Hopefully this is a good sign.  I'm going to attempt to go to an N/A meeting.  I'm nervous for sure.  I hope I can sit through.  I need to start doing things though.  I'm going to go get a slice of pizza before the meeting too. 

I'm so sorry you are depressed today, sierra. <3

I've also been dealing with bouts of depression the past few days. And today, I am again plagued with nausea. Blah!

I wish you comfort and complete healing very soon! <3

We can and will get through this, together! And come out of this stronger than we have ever thought possible!!  :smitten:

We'll all get there! I felt damn good this weekend near 100%. Sunday not as great but still motivated and doing things two weeks ago would have me in bad anxiety. I know there's relief for u coming. Hold the course and eat as bet u can! Fresh fruits and veggies as much as u can tolerate and get protein too.  I feel eating well is the absolute best medicine. Exercise as well as much as u can tolerate.  This too shall pass. Dave

Good morning short term BB's! :smitten:

I have a question, please. Is there anyone else "bedridden"?

I have been now, going on 3 weeks. It's hard to really do much of anything.

My worst symptoms are nausea and low appetite, anxiety and muscle twistching.

Anyone else have these symptoms? Have you found anything that helps?

I wish you all comfort and complete healing very soon!  :smitten:

Thanks blessed.  I"m just frustrated by all this.  I'm having a difficult time with acceptance right now.

You're very welcome, sierra! <3

I do understand, I too am having difficulty with acceptance.

They say we ALL heal and I do believe it's true. I'm trying to be patient, as I know we all are! :smitten:

hi Blessed!

I'm not bedridden, but many are, and certainly was very close at my worst s/x. No energy, no motivation to do anything.  My problem was I was wracked with anxiety and restlessness so I just couldn't be bedridden. A horrible catch 22.  I didn't want to do anything, but couldn't sit still.  When I was up and doing things I took a LOT of breaks!  I'd do some things for a 1/2 hour, then rest until I felt better.  I had periods when I just couldn't go on and sat and cried.  I begged for God to make it stop.  I felt so overwhelmed, worried about things that seem trivial now.

I forced myself to think about anything else.  I'd try to picture a white flag in my head, and stop my mind from racing to a 1000 negative thoughts.  Telling myself it would get better, but we all know what that is like when you're in the thick of it.  It seems like an impossibility! That it will NEVER go away! 

BUT IT DOES!!

It's like baby steps, then WHAM! Symtpoms are gone or lessened.  It's your brain, and it is healing!

For nausea, there is a lot you can do.  There is a support group for stomach health with a lot of good info about dealing with it.  Read up and be vigilant.  I had horrible stomach pain/nausea/vomiting.  After executing my plan, and some healing, my stomach is now STRONGER than before taking benzos!

You can do it to.  Give yourself time to recover, and when you feel like it, get up and do something.  It helped me a lot!

Dave

Good morning short term BB's! :smitten:

I have a question, please. Is there anyone else "bedridden"?

I have been now, going on 3 weeks. It's hard to really do much of anything.

My worst symptoms are nausea and low appetite, anxiety and muscle twistching.

Anyone else have these symptoms? Have you found anything that helps?

I wish you all comfort and complete healing very soon!  :smitten:

Yes I am bed ridden as well! The muscle thing is terrible for me

Hello Everyone-  Blessed and Cosair I hope things turn for you both soon.  I don't want to comment on how I'm doing yet, because the day is not over.  We all know things can change in a heartbeat.  Tomorrow I have to do a lot of driving. I'm praying things go smooth.

Peace be with everyone!!

Depression is pretty strong today.  I'm blue!!  I want to sleep normally again.

Yep me too! Hate the depression. Hope you feel better soon. I've been in one of the worst waves since acute. Started last Friday night and it's just kicking my ass.

Hi everyone, jumping in here as a person that was only on benzos 7 weeks (3 weeks 1mg/day Ativan, 4 week taper). It's hard to get decent comparisons with the rest of the forums, as it seems most people on here were on benzos for years. So a few questions for those of us short timers:

- What is the ballpark time for acute w/d post jump for people that were on benzos for a short time? I'm a little past 3 weeks. I've definitely improved since week one, but feel like I have a lot of healing left to go to even be able to go back to work. So I'm just trying to figure out what the road ahead looks like.

- Is the recovery really generally shorter for people that were on benzos for a short time? I'm really hopeful it is as I hear this a lot on the forums. Just curious if it's true.

The issues I'm dealing with right now are high anxiety, throat/chest tightness that makes it feel like I can't breath well, stomach issues/no appetite, and some trouble sleeping.

On the insomnia end, it seems like I may be doing better than some. I'm sleeping 6-7 hours a night I think. It's a bit hard to tell because I wake up usually between 1-3:30am and it takes me an hour or so to get back to sleep. Then the same things happens between 5-6am. I'm usually fully awake by 7am and just doze/rest a bit after that.