ways to control the racing heart?

[Ou...]

Thanks for all the great advice on here  :)  And thank you Ourania for pointing me in the right direction...it's a comfort to know I'm not alone.

Just to be sure, I'm having a few tests done in the next few weeks (worried sick about it, of course) to put my mind at ease regarding my racing heart and shortness of breath.  I've had an EKG and all was fine, but it still hasn't stopped me from worrying during this awful w/d, so hopefully (and fingers firmly crossed) all the tests will be fine and I can try (lol) to stop worrying.

Thanks again for all the great advice  :smitten:

Hi Ourania, :hug:

Just checking to see if all is fine with you. ;) I see you got some great advise regarding nutrition. Just to add to that-I cut all sodas intake, I swear by water and I keep my daily juicing of organic vegetables and fruits. I also eat bananas and eat freshly grind flaxseeds with yogurt. Despite my full recovery, I keep this routine going, hey this process taught me so many things, among them is to never take my body for granted, as part of it is my mind. My mind was always my dearest possession and I always took it for granted, withdrawal taught me a lesson to nurture my mind (brain) with healthy positive stuff. :thumbsup:

Wishing you wide open window!

Shelly :smitten:

Bevoir, I hope all your tests come back negative!!! Keep us updated please! Feel well!  :)

Thanks Shelly for caring and the great advice  :smitten:

I still fight this symptom but I now control it much, MUCH better that before - most important I understand it  :thumbsup:

Taking magnesium supplement has helped me alot.  I take one a day.  I used to get the rapid heart whenever I got stressed, drank coffee or ate fast foods high in sodium.  Ever since I started the magnesium, it stopped.  If I have an "anxiety event", my heart will race for a while but then returns to normal.  It's really helped me.