i need a plan

[Lu...]

It sounds like you dose twice a day?  If so, the doses should be 12 hours apart so you would not need to dose at work.

Using alcohol with klonopin should work, but I know of no one who has yet tried it.  It is a tiny amount.

I do dose twice a day, but I dose 6 hours apart to get me through work - by the time lunch hits, i really feel the need to take a dose - maybe it's just psychological but I can truly feel how much more tense I am.  I feel it at home in the evening too but home is a less stressful environment so I can make it through.  Do you think it ok to use milk for some doses and ora plus for other doses? 

What's interesting is you feel a need after just a few hours, then go more than 18 hours without.  Do you need the dose badly when you wake up in the morning?  I'm wondering if you took a night dose if it would carry through and eliminate the need for the noon dose.  But the way you feel is the best marker of when to dose.

I don't see why using different liquid would not work.  Although you'd need to be careful as you would no longer be splitting the same pill.  There could be a problem in there that we aren't thinking of.

my job is very stressful with many deadlines.  i think not having to work would make getting off klonopin much easier but it's not possible financially.  in morning, sometimes i feel a strong need sometimes a little…i'm not a morning person and am still half asleep when i head off to work.  i just got a refill today, and the manufacturer is different and the pill looks different.  asked pharmacist about it and he said its the same drug just different manufacturer.  Does changing drug companies make a difference in the way my body reacts to the drug?

[5e...]

my job is very stressful with many deadlines.  i think not having to work would make getting off klonopin much easier but it's not possible financially.  in morning, sometimes i feel a strong need sometimes a little…i'm not a morning person and am still half asleep when i head off to work.  i just got a refill today, and the manufacturer is different and the pill looks different.  asked pharmacist about it and he said its the same drug just different manufacturer.  Does changing drug companies make a difference in the way my body reacts to the drug?

It's not a good idea to switch manufacturer of your benzo mid taper.

Anyway to see if another pharmacy has the generic brand you were on?

I have made 2 switches and learned not to do that again.  First I switched from brand Klonopin to generic Teva.  The second time I switched from Teva to Mylan.  The first time was because they quit selling Klonopin in my area.  The second time was because I changed pharamcy and didn't check the brand.  Each time I switched, my body felt the change as a cut and it took a couple of weeks to stabilize.  Others on this forum report the same experience.  No one seems to know why this happens, but we all agree that it does happen.  My personal theory is that the filler ingredients in the pills somehow change the way the drug is absorbed into our bodies.  I have stayed on Mylan and always check that the pharmacy is going to provide me that generic brand before handing over the script.  I don't believe it makes much difference whether you use Klonopin or a generic brand, but it is very important to stick with the same generic brand if not using Klonopin.