An Unmeasured Success – Badsocref’s New & Improved Cold Turkey Success Story

[58...]

Wonderful story, badsocref, and I'm glad to hear someone with a C/T success story. Can you tell me what programs you used to chart your progress? Sounds compelling. It also sounds like like you have a rich, full, and balanced life. Wishing you great zzz's tonight.

Mark

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Al...]

• [La...]

• [13...]

• [...]

Wonderful story, badsocref, and I'm glad to hear someone with a C/T success story. Can you tell me what programs you used to chart your progress? Sounds compelling. It also sounds like like you have a rich, full, and balanced life. Wishing you great zzz's tonight.

Mark

I just used MS Excel (I'm good at Excel).  I simply invented my own rubric and filled it in each morning.  I'd often change the scores later in the day since mornings were kind of brutal and gave rise to low scores.  I once wrote a tapering spreadsheet that incorporated a rating scheme.  Based on a person's score for a day, the spreadsheet would suggest a cut amount for the following day (for the daily microtaperers).  A few people downloaded it and used it, but I think a lot of people felt it was too complicated.

Congratulations badsocref! I am so much in joy with your success story. I also did a cold turkey and possibly kindled!. Hoping and praying that someday, I will also heal and recover completely.

Enjoy your life to the fullest and guard your health with your life! Thank you so much for sharing your success story.

Sending you my love and heartfelt prayers for a happy and healthy living!

Pi

Congratulations badsocref!

A well written post on your journey and healing. It’s definitely inspiring to myself & others. I keep looking at the end of your signature which notes Month9+: I'm healed (90+%)

& think AWESOME ! I can DO THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration in my intro post too, I appreciate it.

I wish everyone a happy, healthy day!

Congrats badsocreff,

Your success story gives me hope that this gets better!!! My biggest challenge right now is the intrusive/obsesssive thoughts.  I can't seem to shake them, I hope that these will go away soon.  I'm almost 4 months benzo free.  I tapered for awhile but at the end I pretty much c/t everything, I thought for some reason I wouldn't get withdrawals, boy was I wrong!! I am starting to learn it's a slow process but wish it would hurry up!!  ::)

• 3 weeks later...
Badsocref thanks for sharing your journey off of Benzos. You give us all hope for a successful end to this road we are on. I am so tired of the daily/weekly taper thing, but I believe this is what I must do to be successful. Just a question, where are there numbers in the window? Are my eyes that bad?  :sick:

[58...]

Badsocref thanks for sharing your journey off of Benzos. You give us all hope for a successful end to this road we are on. I am so tired of the daily/weekly taper thing, but I believe this is what I must do to be successful. Just a question, where are there numbers in the window? Are my eyes that bad?  :sick:

Which numbers are you referring to?  Where are they?

badsocref, this is the post.  ;)

Congratulations on a job well done,,I am so happy for you..I knew when you put those numbers in that window on your avatar you were going to have a hell of a story,,best of luck yo you :thumbsup:

Somebody noticed!!  :D

[58...]

badsocref, this is the post.  ;)

Congratulations on a job well done,,I am so happy for you..I knew when you put those numbers in that window on your avatar you were going to have a hell of a story,,best of luck yo you :thumbsup:

Somebody noticed!!  :D

Ah - that number.  As I was approaching my one year mark, I started a little countdown.  I put the number of days until the one-year mark on my avatar.  I'd actually modify the number on the avatar each day.  When I reached zero (1 year), I posted my success story. 

It looked like this...

http://enchantedskies.net/Window.jpg

I know how good that must have felt to count down with the numbers and finally get down to one! Congratulations again and thanks for explaining the numbers to me! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

bads:

Sorry to be late in the game. I wish you a huge congrats of 3+ years and your posts have given me a lot of hope. I'm very glad you decided to stick around. :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bad,

Just went through and read this thread as I was browsing the success stories section for some encouragement.

I too have been on klonopin for quite some time. I am currently at .5 mg a day down from 1mg 3x daily (3mgs).

I began my detox on November 2nd of 2017. It has been one month into my rapid taper. I used heavy marijuana use in the beginning to assist me in the initial taper. I ignorantly tgoufht I could smoke my way through withdrawal. Granted I believe it did help me in the beginning dosage jumps, but if I could go back I would not smoke at all!  So I'm going to MJ withdrawal currently (day 4, symptoms are subsiding thank goodness).

I am writing this as of December 3rd. Currently going through withdrawal hell these past few days as I am feeling the dosage cut (.25mg) I made on November 25th and the marijuana withdrawala. Man it is tough!  Anyway, apologies for going into my story. Helps me out when I write it down for some reason. Takes my brain away at least for a moment.

Anyway, back to saying congratulations and thank you for sharing your story. To be honest I'm going to focus on your story the most. As you mentioned this website is fantastic for support but man, you can get lost in a lot of scary sounding posts and you will end up freaking yourself out with irrational thoughts. Everyone is different. I like to think of myself similar to you in your approach: aggressive.

Thanks again for sharing.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much! Maybe you don’t have to be male and 19 to have an attitude. LOL I’m someone’s grandmother. However, after 15 years on 2 mg K, I only jumped from .12.  In the second week. Not happy, but think I can do this. Stories like this help.

• 1 month later...

I was encouraged while reading your success story.Thank you for sharing.  You are a strong person with great perserverance and determininations.

God bless and may you continue to be strong and courageous on your future journey through this life.

[58...]

I was encouraged while reading your success story.Thank you for sharing.  You are a strong person with great perserverance and determininations.

God bless and may you continue to be strong and courageous on your future journey through this life.

Thanks, and speedy healing to you!  :smitten:

• 2 months later...

I am new here and just read your story....thank you, thank you...you did a great job by staying active...i wish i could do the same:)....watching movies on netflix is not much, just a distraction. i never watched so many series ...:)

Wishing you all the best in life,

Mary

bad, did you ever have looping intrusive thoughts and songs? like all day long?

Luigi - I once had a panic attack from a looping 'song'.  It was a stupid little 4-note pattern that started in my head and kept playing and playing and playing.  It freaked me out - I thought I would go crazy.  I don't remember if it was a tune that I knew or not (it's not something I want to try to remember).  I bolted downstairs and turned on the TV so that there would be some sound to drown out the song in my head.  Music, TV, voices often sounded shrill to me, but I kept sound on around me pretty much all day to keep myself from having those ear worms.  I even bought a pillow speaker and piped ambient music through it all night when I was in bed.

I also had a lot of intrusive thoughts.  They would often result in my palps going thru the roof.  I wore a heart monitor (linked to my iPhone) for a while and whenever my pulse would start to climb (from an intrusive thought), it would trigger an alarm.  Then I'd deliberately do something to distract myself.  In time, I got really good at controlling those thoughts and my pulse.  Kind of a poor-man's bio-feedback machine.

I appreciate you here, badsocref. Thanks :)

• 1 year later...
[5c...]
Wow, I love your story AND the the detail you put in it.  Well done.  I read the success stories and they help me think/believe it is possible for me, too.  I am 2/3 of the way there on my taper but face the nighttime/sleep issue.  You've given me some ideas about this.  Thank you so much for sharing and giving us all hope.