60 Minutes excerpt about antidepressants: "Is There A Placebo Effect?"

[La...]

[53...]

thank you Challis

it's really the moderators that keep me going, always have, on the ride.

I hate to hit that report button. But yeah, I see those anti doctor posts right smack dab in the middle of

a normal "conversation" here....then it goes into that.

Am I one of the only people that feel there is NO USE, to go back in time and blame others?

I just know my previous doc and my current one - they do the best they can. I'm sure I could find fault

with any of the 3 I see reg.

There's no point in that. Can't go back in time. Only have life right now.

I often see posts being made of don't go to ER, the doctors, for any reason, period.

Sorry peeps....you have a cold/flu? Can't breathe? Can't walk? Pain levels so high you are crying more than not? Husband so sick of you "not getting over it" that he's going to leave, take the kids and you're on your own?

I'm sorry....the posts from a few make a mega dent in the others.

I am drug free. It's not horrid, it's not easy. But when I come here and I see certain things....I just feel like it's a sick joke to keep others here. Here for the friendship or whatever while the other person heals.

That's NOT right.

To be honest, FlowerPxer, it saddens me that this is all you've taken away from this thread.

This thread is about how we've been incredibly misled by research into taking drugs that have completely destroyed many people's lives.

Every post I've made on this thread was backed up by sources.

Where's your scientific source that states how great the medical establishment (especially psychiatry) is?

Some of the people who post in the "Benzos in the News" section aren't "going back in time" in order to "blame" doctors (or anyone else). It's people who want to see the system changed so that other people don't have to go through this.

You've simply missed the point here.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [...]

• [wh...]

• [co...]

Personally, I think the level of discourse on this particular thread has been very high. We've had some excellent discussions, and we've shared some really interesting information and points of view. It's been quite rewarding for me -- as the person who shared the first link -- to be part of it.

I've certainly seen anti-doctor posts elsewhere, and I've tended to stay away from them, but not here.

[53...]

Personally, I think the level of discourse on this particular thread has been very high. We've had some excellent discussions, and we've shared some really interesting information and points of view. It's been quite rewarding for me -- as the person who shared the first link -- to be part of it.

I've certainly seen anti-doctor posts elsewhere, and I've tended to stay away from them, but not here.

You've shared very good (and very well cited) information.  :thumbsup:

I've enjoyed this thread, too.

I think I even wrote -- somewhere along the way -- how impressed I was by all of the people who were sharing great info! I ended up making lists of "To Watch" or "To Read" as a result of this thread. Thanks, MindSeeker, for all of your input! You're one of the smart cookies who's been around these parts, adding your insights.

• 2 weeks later...

Was about to start a new thread for this, but think it fits in nicely with the discussions here.

A new initiative by the US Institute of Medicine (IOM) on sharing clinical trial data.

"In a bid to address long-standing concerns about accessing clinical trial data, the US Institute of Medicine (IOM) has released a 249-page report outlining strategies for sharing this information responsibly.

"The report calls for widening access to clinical trial data. Currently, most of these data are not posted in a timely manner, much less in an accessible form that could be used by other researchers.

"Perhaps a third of clinical trials do not have the results published for years after the completion of the study," said Bernard Lo, chair of the 13-member IOM Committee on Strategies for Responsible Sharing of Clinical Data. This means that the contributions of participants and clinical trial staff as well as the funding of these trials are not made public. But sharing this information raises questions about who owns the data, how  they are going to be used and how to protect the privacy of trial participants".

1/14/2015 - Report Release: Sharing Clinical Trial Data: Maximizing Benefits, Minimizing Rights

IOM website:  http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2015/Sharing-Clinical-Trial-Data.aspx

And this editorial from the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ)

"A change in culture is needed to allow timely, transparent and complete sharing of clinical trial data".

http://www.cmaj.ca/site/earlyreleases/20jan15_IOM-suggests-ways-to-share-clinical-trial-data.xhtml

:thumbsup: