• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [Sl...]

• [Co...]

• [ha...]

Thank you Colin, and to the other co-founders of BB. This forum saved my life, and I am forever grateful  :smitten: when I came here in 2012, I think the forum had around 8,000 members, and now it has over 16,000. Unbelievable.

well this is kind of unbelievable! i simply can't believe that this site has gained 8000 members in two years? that's kinda scary!

Colin,

i will always be ever so grateful for this forum. i so wish something like this was here when i was on the benzo's and trying to get off in 1995. i would have saved myself a lot -- a lot of pain and anguish if i had known what was happening to me. i can't thank you and the two other ladies who helped you start it and all the moderators enough!

sadly to say i have literally been on this forum every single night since June 2012 except for about 3 nights when the site was down for construction. and i really can't wait for the night when i feel good enough to have a night off. it's been that bad for me but getting through it with the help of everyone here! :smitten:

prettydaisys

Incredibly grateful for bb, those who created it and those who keep it going. Our connections to information and each other are getting us through.

Blessings

Peace2

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your kind words.

Yes, 8,000 new members over the past two years seems about right, as we have averaged 350+ new members per month over that period. And, the vast majority of those members go on to at least introduce themselves (so, little to no spam accounts created here).

The sad fact of the matter is that we know from general studies that only a tiny minority of those who gain benefit from a particular site will join and participate. Nor will all those in need of support look for it online; and of those, not all of them will seek it from BB. I estimate that BB members represent far less than 1% of those in need of help at any one time. However, as I mentioned, our reach is greater than those just those who have joined and posted to BB (some will lurk and read instead). Some 'lurkers' will eventually join us (we know this because they sometimes tell us).

It is also worth mentioning that only a fraction of long-term benzodiazepine users are to get off these drugs. Maybe they are happy with their meds, but most of us here know how benzos can zap us of reason and motivation. So, I expect that the majority of those who might benefit from quitting never reach the stage of actually dong anything about it. What I'm saying is that BB and our members must represent only the tiniest fraction of the problem. That's pretty mind boggling.

I've just checked - well over 6,000 members have logged in to BB over the past year. Let's guesstimate that only 1 in 1,000 of those seeking kelp with their benzodiazepine use join BB (it might be far less than that). This would work out to be 6,000,000 people looking to quit benzodiazepines over a year. And, as I mentioned, many who might benefit never make any effort to quit because they are too fogged or unmotivated by the very drugs which might be the cause of their problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_%28Internet_culture%29

"Happy Anniversary, BenzoBuddies!!

Thank you, Colin, for your idea, your initiation of that idea, and your determination to keep it alive, healthy, and always functioning with utmost integrity. This forum, these people, both members and moderators, saved my life. I have the added benefit of life-long friends found right here.

With profound gratitude,

Flip"

I agree. Thank you Colin and all involved. You saved a lot of lives including mine.

kisel

Nice confirmation , thank you.

we might be a minority but more like in the sense of being fortunate

rather than having difficulties getting off .

there is a saying in the medical community 'long term Benzo use is a Life sentence ', period.

we are so lucky, even though it is a pain in the neck, bless you Colin.

I could not have endured this pain and misery without BB!!! I'm so very, very thankful that this site is here and available to all who seek help, guidance, a loving message, a thoughtful, helping hand, laughter through the tears, a way to connect with others when there's no one else to connect with in my daily life who can relate to me, very intelligent questions and answers, the newest up-to-date information from around the world, lessons learned, a beacon of light and hope, the light at the end of the tunnel. This site has been a major part of my entire life for at least seven months. It's one of the first sites I go to in the mornings and one of the last ones I read up on at night. When no one else understands, I'm sure to find people here who DO understand and who have experienced what I've experienced and can give nurturing, very thoughtful and articulate answers, support, and guidance. To read about those who are free to live their lives fully also keeps me motivated to persevere. 

I'm sure I'm missing a lot more that I could add, but BB, YOU'RE THE BEST, and THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!  :smitten:

If it weren't for BenzoBuddies I have no doubt I wouldn't be on the planet any longer.

Still not sure I'm going to make it.

Thank you for this forum.  I do still wonder what happens to people who don't have an internet connection.

It's so wrong.  What has happened to us is just so wrong.

Thanks to the administrators and founders-much gratitude. :smitten:

A big thank you, Colin, for providing this site.      Thank you, also, to administrators for their encouragement and

support.  I'm very grateful.   

Colin YOU ARE THE BEST PEOPLE HELPING  US ALL . THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!

If not for BB and Trap web I will be  not here , because DRs want more and more drugs on us not help .

THANK YOU Colin and all moderators , all  people who saved life all of us . :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your kind words.

Yes, 8,000 new members over the past two years seems about right, as we have averaged 350+ new members per month over that period. And, the vast majority of those members go on to at least introduce themselves (so, little to no spam accounts created here).

The sad fact of the matter is that we know from general studies that only a tiny minority of those who gain benefit from a particular site will join and participate. Nor will all those in need of support look for it online; and of those, not all of them will seek it from BB. I estimate that BB members represent far less than 1% of those in need of help at any one time. However, as I mentioned, our reach is greater than those just those who have joined and posted to BB (some will lurk and read instead). Some 'lurkers' will eventually join us (we know this because they sometimes tell us).

It is also worth mentioning that only a fraction of long-term benzodiazepine users are to get off these drugs. Maybe they are happy with their meds, but most of us here know how benzos can zap us of reason and motivation. So, I expect that the majority of those who might benefit from quitting never reach the stage of actually dong anything about it. What I'm saying is that BB and our members must represent only the tiniest fraction of the problem. That's pretty mind boggling.

I've just checked - well over 6,000 members have logged in to BB over the past year. Let's guesstimate that only 1 in 1,000 of those seeking kelp with their benzodiazepine use join BB (it might be far less than that). This would work out to be 6,000,000 people looking to quit benzodiazepines over a year. And, as I mentioned, many who might benefit never make any effort to quit because they are too fogged or unmotivated by the very drugs which might be the cause of their problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_%28Internet_culture%29

wow! these are scary numbers. and what's even scarier is i consider myself someone who actually did a lot of research the second time i got caught on the benzo's -- for help with how to taper and still didn't find this forum until i did the last cold turkey. actually is was my brother who found it because i was finally having symptoms way too far out other than what i felt all through tolerance withdrawal. over ten years of tolerance and still hadn't read The Ashton Manual although i did find the tapering schedule from Ashton not knowing it was Ashton.

i just can't believe these numbers. i hope most of the can find there way here.

Colin,

You have one helluva backbone.  I hope you know how many lives you have saved. 

And the moderators, you all are angels from heaven.  You come in here day after day offering support to people that are blinded with pain and suffering. 

Thank you.

Happy anniversary BB and a great big thank you to Colin, Julie and Jan. Exceptional people that put into action a heartfelt idea that blossomed to a vast field of help with its knowledge, hope, encouragement and  repite.  The list could go on and on.  There is not much I can offer in return but my forever gratitude and respect.

You who began this forum and continue it are truely special people as are those who continue to keep this forum going, mods, admin, tech.

Thank you for sharing your goodness. So many wary people depend on it.

you save lives! 

Many many blessings  BB (a place for healing) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Befree~

Colin,  Though I have been a member of BB's for approx 2 years, I have not posted often as most days have been about survival - As a single female over 60 that has had to keep working through all this I simply did not have the motivation to do more than hang on to the posts of others. I am 16 months benzo free after 6 years on Klonopin and though doing much better I am not home free yet. Like many others have already stated, you guys saved my life when I could find answers nowhere else. An unexpected wave hit me yesterday and many of the old Cxs came back.  As in the past when that happened I knew where to come for balance and a reminder that "This too shall pass." I can't imagine what I would have done were you not here.  It takes special people  :angel: to continue to do something like this with the level of professionalism and dedication that has been shown these last 10 years. Thus said, I add my heart felt Thank you ! for you continued dedication.  Unfortunately, most of the medical profession still chooses to ignore the reality of what is happening and you and those who keep this site going will continue to be greatly needed in the future.  Please never forget that what you are doing is an invaluable contribution to all who visit BB's no matter how they use the info.  Congratulations! Keep up the great work ~ God Bless you all!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Happy Birthday.  Thank you Colin for providing this site for us to come to for help and guidance.

We appreciate all of those who help with this site.  They give of their time and energy, and get our thanks for doing it.  I am so pleased that so many have stayed to help the rest of us.

Hugs,

Popcornlady  :smitten:

Well, thank you for the very positive feedback. It is comments like these which encouraged me to continue with BB when other support sites have folded. But, of course, it is a shared effort. BB would not exists if not for the efforts of the team (past and present) and the support from fellow members in, what is, a mutual support group.

Thank you all.

Colin.