Important Survey - Please Participate ×

BB is Ten Years Old!

[Co...]

Hi,

BB will turn ten tomorrow (19th September). If I recall correctly, we actually properly opened on the 20th because of some last minute technical issues. We were tiny back than, and have not kept all the content when we changed from a private to public forum a couple of years later. So I cannot work out the exact opening date for sure. ::) Anyway, tomorrow (or the day after) is ten whole years! :o Frankly, I'm a bit surprised to still be here.

And, since it is ten years, I should give a special mention to Julie and Jan, my co-founders. Although they decided to move on (and at their request, without fanfare) long ago, BB would not have started without their involvement. I know that their names will mean little or nothing to the present membership, but I remember them fondly and you all deserve to know of them.

And, BB would not have continued to operate without the help of scores of people donating their time to help moderate and admin the forum over the years. I could not have done it without the help of you all.

Thanks, everyone.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [Sl...]

• [Co...]

• [ha...]

Happy Anniversary, BenzoBuddies!!

Thank you, Colin, for your idea, your initiation of that idea, and your determination to keep it alive, healthy, and always functioning with utmost integrity. This forum, these people, both members and moderators, saved my life. I have the added benefit of life-long friends found right here.

With profound gratitude,

Flip

Thank you, Colin, for your idea, your initiation of that idea, and your determination to keep it alive, healthy, and always functioning with utmost integrity. This forum, these people, both members and moderators, saved my life. I have the added benefit of life-long friends found right here.

With profound gratitude,

Flip

Ditto from me :thumbsup:

Duck

:)

It is something truly spectacular Colin. It is something that very few people will get to achieve: a lasting place for very real help, and hope, to those who can otherwise find very little.

Very special indeed and I thank you, the other co-creators, and all the other moderators, admin and technical volunteers who keep benzobuddies going

love

Smiff

Thank you to

With profound gratitude,

Flip

Ditto from me :thumbsup:

Duck

Respect and grateful forever. :thumbsup::angel:

With profound gratitude,

Flip

Well said Flip!

I agree, a big Happy Anniversary BenzoBuddies  and a heart felt thank you to Colin and the team.

Hey Colin,

I arrived here in mid-March, 2014, knowing zeeeeeero! Except that I HAD to get off Valium, after decades. Hadn't even heard the word "taper," with respect to withdrawal!

By early April, began my taper, with the help of BB in general, and a few members in particular. Have  gone, with relatively minimal symptoms (so far), from 20mg/day to close to 13 now.

Had you not started BB, I seriously would have been in trouble.

What a thing you've done with, of course, the incredible help of dedicated and wonderful moderators and administrators.

This support group benefits people the world over, and I hope you realize the magnitude of the work being done here!

For the rest of my life, I will be grateful.

All my best,

Steve

Happy Anniversary, BB.

What would we do without BB?  It gives us so much that we can find nowhere else.

It truly is a lifeline for many of us.

Without it, we would still be wondering if it really was the tablets after all.

We are the only ones who can truly understand and thank God we can meet each other here.

You have achieved so much, Colin.  You are a star!!!!

A party is needed for this momentous occasion and will be held tomorrow on the CCC thread. See signature. All invited. Bring a cake or some sweeties, balloons or party hats!!!   ;D ;D :D

http://www.enduranceunited.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/party-ideas.jpg

LF  :smitten:

Hey Colin,

I arrived here in mid-March, 2014, knowing zeeeeeero! Except that I HAD to get off Valium, after decades. Hadn't even heard the word "taper," with respect to withdrawal!

By early April, began my taper, with the help of BB in general, and a few members in particular. Have  gone, with relatively minimal symptoms (so far), from 20mg/day to close to 13 now.

Had you not started BB, I seriously would have been in trouble.

What a thing you've done with, of course, the incredible help of dedicated and wonderful moderators and administrators.

This support group benefits people the world over, and I hope you realize the magnitude of the work being done here!

For the rest of my life, I will be grateful.

All my best,

Steve

:smitten:

Happy Anniversary Benzobuddies !!!

I'm also so very grateful to you Colin for giving us a place where we can be supported on this difficult journey. I've met some of the nicest and bravest people I know here and this alone means so much.

Love Debbie  :smitten:

Colin,

A heartfelt "thank you" to you and your co-founders and everyone who makes this site amazing.

Without it, I don't think I would survive this unexplainable horror.

There's not only a wealth of information here, there's also hope.  :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENZO BUDDIES!!!! 

:balloon::highfive::clap::happybday::yippee:

Thank you Colin and all the great moderators/administrators who work hard to keep this place in good working order.. The world's a better place because of all your efforts.  I don't even want to think about what my life would be like without BB.  Not only have I gained knowledge to help me mentally and physically, but I have made a couple of dear friends who's contact and support mean so much in my life....

God bless you all!!!  :smitten:

Lilly555

Hi,

BB will turn ten tomorrow (19th September). If I recall correctly, we actually properly opened on the 20th because of some last minute technical issues. We were tiny back than, and have not kept all the content when we changed from a private to public forum a couple of years later. So I cannot work out the exact opening date for sure. ::) Anyway, tomorrow (or the day after) is ten whole years! :o Frankly, I'm a bit surprised to still be here.

And, since it is ten years, I should give a special mention to Julie and Jan, my co-founders. Although they decided to move on (and at their request, without fanfare) long ago, BB would not have started without their involvement. I know that their names will mean little or nothing to the present membership, but I remember them fondly and you all deserve to know of them.

And, BB would not have continued to operate without the help of scores of people donating their time to help moderate and admin the forum over the years. I could not have done it without the help of you all.

Thanks, everyone.

Congrats and the biggest "thank you!" What a blessing this site has been for so many!

http://www.picgifs.com/mini-graphics/mini-graphics/birthday/mini-graphics-birthday-357769.gifHappy 10th Birthday Benzobuddies, Many Happy Returns of the dayhttp://www.picgifs.com/mini-graphics/mini-graphics/birthday/mini-graphics-birthday-357769.gif

Thank you Colin for starting Benzobuddies and continuing to fund it from your own pocket.  Its invaluable what this forum has done for so many people who would have otherwise been lost or suffering without any real support.

Thank you to the heroes here who struggle from day to day while supporting fellow members, your courage is astounding. "Through a peer-support, we strive to help members achieve their goals". Thank you benzobuddies  at least we have each other, I  know there are people out there still who are oblivious to what is happening to them.

It does get better!

http://www.picgifs.com/mini-graphics/mini-graphics/birthday/mini-graphics-birthday-790136.gif

Magrita :smitten:

Happy Anniversary! Colin and the entire staff of wonderful people who keep this forum going, a big thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is truly an amazing site, and I'm very grateful, I have no idea where I'd be today if it weren't for the forum and the wonderful support. :smitten:

Saga

Happy anniversary BenzoBuddies!!

Many thanks to Colin, the past co-founders and all the mods; admins & techies, who keep this place up and running.

This has been a safe haven for myself and so many of us.  I will be forever grateful for all the knowledge and support I got here to start and finish my taper.  Freedom is a lovely word!

I too have made some life long friends here.

In gratitude,

Flutterbye

[move]Happy Birthday BB!!!![/move]

I remember the day I joined BB.  With trembling fingers, partly due to withdrawal and party due to trepidation never having participated in any kind of on line forum or group, I submitted my membership request.  I'll forever be grateful to this forum and to Colin and his crew for setting it up.  I was so lost and sick and without the support of all the fine people here I fear I might still be medicated and still be sick.

There are so many heroes and heroines here on the forum. Many people virtually held my hand through the rough times, the mods and admins at the time and all my buddies who have since moved on. 

BB was a lifesaver for me and words can't really express my thanks.

PG  :smitten:

[move]Happy birthday, BenzoBuddies! Party! Party! [/move]

Just want to echo all the thanks, appreciation, and praises! Without this forum I'd feel very much alone in the struggle to reclaim my life after nearly 15 years of this bad dream called benzos. Thank you, Colin, the team, and all my benzobuddie pals who offer so much in the way of loving support and guidance.

Since few of us get the support we need from family and medical community, I'm not sure where I'd be without this forum. Thanks to all of you, I don't have to feel alone. We're now forging ahead for wellness and freedom! 

Deeply grateful,