Important Survey - Please Participate ×

BB is Ten Years Old!

[Co...]

There are so many people who owe their life to BB, and I'm one of them. I honestly don't know what I would have done if I hadn't learned how to daily taper off my dose of valium, because I certainly wasn't having any success at all trying to dry cut.

I was totally depressed and suicidal. I suspect I would have been too much of a coward to actually follow through on my suicidal thoughts, but now that I'm 2 years on from that nightmare, I sometimes wonder what would have happened to me if I'd had to continue suffering the way I was back then. Maybe I would have decided it was easier to just stay on valium and maybe my dose might now be heading towards 10mg instead of the 5mg I was on. It doesn't bear thinking about. Fortunately I will never have to worry about that now because I'm benzo-free and I'm getting back to the old life I used to enjoy.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [Sl...]

• [Co...]

• [ha...]

Thank you so much for putting together this wonderful forum. Many people talk about making a positive contribution to the world; well everyone who helps out on this forum can certainly say they have done that.

I had no idea what was happening to me until I found this site. Because of the information and support here I found the courage to go against everything my doctor was telling me.

I would have taken more drugs and got worse instead of coming off everything and getting better. I even had one doctor screaming at me trying to convince me I had to take Ativan to get off valium. I now know this is totally wrong.

Two and a half months off and I'm feeling great. You gave me life back.  :smitten:

Beautiful, spot-on words being said in here about the founders and the forum itself. 

I'd like to add that back when I was searching around, in that horrid, desperate belief

that I was the only person on earth with this problem (the "problem" of feeling stuck

in the pain and misery and craziness of the benzo "medicine), I did see more than

one area on the internet addressing benzo taper, etc. 

But this is the only one I noticed that is about benzos in particular and with so much

participation that I no longer felt alone because I found others in very similar circum-

stances as I was in.

There is something for every type of benzo sufferer here at BB.  Even me.  :laugh:

Thank you BB participants/members;  you're what's doing it for us.  You're the road

to healing that this machine built by Colin and staff put together and maintain.  :)

Dear Colin,

Gifts are born from struggle and this forum is an example of that.  From your experience with benzodiazepines this forum was created. It has been a gift to those of us facing withdrawal. Thank you for the effort you and many others have given to create this warm and loving place.

I came here over two years ago and found the information and support I needed to begin my journey. I am deeply grateful. You saved my life.

With warmth and gratitude,

Carita

Thank you so much to those who started this forum & continue to help keep it going. Without it I would of been clueless & much much worse off. Happy 10 years! Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.

Bless you Colin,Judy, and Jan......I do not know where I would have been had I not have discovered this site.....Just to know that all of this is normal was everything to me......what you guys did and continue to do is nothing short of a miracle.....

Thank you does not cover it but thanks......m :smitten:

Happy Birthday BenzoBuddies.  ;D

I would like to thank Colin and all the CO Founders. The Admin Staff, The Mods, The Tech Staff. All of the BB members past and present.

Thank you for saving us.

b

Happy 10th Birthday BenzoBuddies

And thank you Colin and the administrators, mods, and all the members past and present..if I hadnt found this place back in June I never would have known what was wrong with me or what a taper was...I have learned so much and there is so much support and help here from all the members..I can never say thank you all or repay you for helping me get started or get as far as I am now..i still have a long ways to go but with the help of the great people here i know i will get there..I love this forum and all the members here  :smitten:

deep

I thank everyone past and present for BB. Both those who built/maintained the website and those who populate it's forums. So many live have been saved. So many souls comforted knowing that while they are suffering they have not gone crazy and that we will all heal in time.  :smitten:

Thank you so much for being here Benzo Buddies.org for 10 years!  Thank you Colin and all who brought BB into existence and all who have worked since to keep it available to the world!

Much gratitude to all,

Lily

Colin,

From the bottom of my heart " Thank you".

This site is more appreciated than you will ever know.

I really don't know where I would be had I not found the support I so crucially needed at the time I joined last year.

Forever grateful to you.

Hugs, Beulah.

This site has been so helpful to so many..........all I know is my wife and I would be in a huge pile of steaming do-do if for not this site.

Thank you Colin, and those that have helped you along the the way. Past and present