Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sa...]

• [Bu...]

• [...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Judy,

Congrats you did it!  :thumbsup:

How nice is it to not have to worry about dosing times or cutting pills & staring at the clock to see if it's

time for the next dose?

Fabulous!

Ninj  :thumbsup:

This has got to be the loneliest thread on BB.

I jumped 8 days ago. Was ok but getting worse daily. I am in mental and physical hell.

:'(

Bennie

Bennie - I'm so sorry you're being hit so hard.....this experience is not for the faint of heart  :'( 8 days is really early still, and I hope you get some relief sooner rather than later. We're here if you need to vent  :smitten:

BlueSkies - I haven't had that experience in benzo w/d but I did in my c/t off an SSRI. It was supplement induced (I think). It was very frightening. I was hospitalized twice with anaphylaxis. What are you experiencing? .

Bennie - I'm so sorry you're being hit so hard.....this experience is not for the faint of heart  :'( 8 days is really early still, and I hope you get some relief sooner rather than later. We're here if you need to vent  :smitten:

BlueSkies - I haven't had that experience in benzo w/d but I did in my c/t off an SSRI. It was supplement induced (I think). It was very frightening. I was hospitalized twice with anaphylaxis. What are you experiencing? .

I just got some tingly feelings and a blister showed up on my binky after I ate something. I'll probably stay away from that food for awhile until I'm finished healing. Nothing else is happening at this point. Thanks! Sorry to worry anyone. I just wanted to know if this happened to anyone. Now I know why I get blisters showing up out of nowhere, it's an allergic reaction. Only one showed up on my pinky. Don't worry I'm okay.  :smitten: If something bad happens I'll call 911.

Right now I'm staying calm and watching TV.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again. Happy New Year to buddies on the loneliest BB thread.

It's been three weeks since I've jumped from near zero. I think if it weren't for my original issue returning, I'd be able to easily cope with residual withdrawal sxs—buzzing, some head pressure, emotional lability, cog fog, rib pain and body aches.

Despite Klonopin having made me very sick in strange ways, it did ease the symptoms of esophogeal spasms and nervous stomach. Now, they are back. So I'm free of the nasty drug, but back to square one, on day-one of 2016. Hopeful? Not too much.

I think continually, now what do I do? I do not believe that time alone will change this underlying condition. I find it daunting to contemplate more tests, more doctor appointments, more life disruption, ongoing frustration in my marriage on both sides that has resulted in dispassion and disconnection. This is the hard truth. Chronic health conditions of this nature can break a person and their relationships. I feel caught between a rock and a hard place.

Hi Bennie,

That is a hard truth, and you certainly aren't alone in it. We have no choice but to keep soldiering on. I'm disheartened too, but I'm still hanging onto hope. It's hard though, that's for sure.

I'm sorry you have an underlying health condition that was actually helped by K. I can see how it would feeling daunting and hopeless to be back to square one. I don't know what to suggest.....just know I'm thinking about you.

Happy New Year to you too, Bennie, and to any other Jumpers who may pass by.  I'm sorry for all your suffering, please hang in and keep digging deep, deep.  As for your underlying symptom, don't give up on that, keep searching and you *will* find answers and natural ways to help yourself.  Diet? etc, etc.  Please try not to be too disheartened. 

This has indeed become a very sad and lonely thread, it's a pity as it once was really hopping along.  Just a suggestion, why don't you go and recruit some newbies to join you here?  I'd do that in your shoes, and I know Buddy, the creator of this thread did that in the beginning.  I'd imagine the best place to find them would be in the Benzo-Free Celebrations board and the Tapering threads.  Go for it, Bennie, it would be nice to see this place livened up again and would be great support for you and everyone else.  :thumbsup:

By the way, worth mentioning for encouragement for all, Bigmistake (one of the original posters here) is doing incredibly well now and I'm waiting with baited breath for her to write her success story.  You can see her recent posts here ...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=145473.0

This, too, shall pass.  Wishing good healing for all. 

:smitten:

Thanks kiddo, thanks abcd.

I will consider recruiting others to come here.

I do wish Bigmistake would post their story in Successes. I read their most recent post. There was a time toward the end of my taper when I too, could say that I couldn't remember my suffering—until someone or something jogged my memory. Benzos actually affect the ability to lay down memories. But the body does bear the burden of the suffering, even if we don't remember.

I plan on getting hypnotherapy for the trauma of this all, for IBS. I'll try acupuncture again. Though the issues with my GI and autonomic nervous system have so far not been helped by western medicine or integrative medicine. Believe me, I am the poster child for rigorously adhering to healthy changes in diet for several years now. I get enough sleep, I meditate. I'm weary.

Maybe today, day one of 2016, I just need to not problem solve. Easier said than done because every meal presents a challenge. And I need to eat right now.

Please come back to post.

I hope you have a good day.

Bennie

Hi Bennie, I am hopeful that accupuncture and hypnosis would help you with your pre-existing condition.

In the mean time, I am holding your hand  :smitten:

Hi all. Jumped 5 weeks ago after tapering since last April. Feeling intermittently "meh" and atrocious. Haven't been up for posting, but have appreciated reading everyone's experiences.

Will endeavor to make it a bit less lonely in here.

--GS

Hi GS,

Nice to see someone other than the janitor here.

I'm three-ish, almost four weeks off. Feeling somedays bad, other days horrendous. Today, horrendous. I have horrid internal and external vibration. Constantly. My mind—is fine. My emotions—flip into meltdown when I can't take the shaking one more minute.

It's hard after a long careful taper to be going through this, with no timeline for healing. Yeah, there's the generalized theories, but no countdown like with a taper. Know what I mean?

Bennie

So far, 14 days K-free. And boy, do I feel free! The only thing I want to report and this has been a magical smooth taper and except for a bit of fatigue, I have no post w/d s/x at all. Bennie: Please come join me. :smitten: :smitten:

Bets

Hi everybody....welcome benzogirl and George and congrats on your FREEDOM  :)

Bennie - boy can I relate to your last post....no countdown to healing. I'm sorry you're struggling after a long taper. We're in the same boat. It's frustrating that there's no rhyme or reason to this. That's the hardest part, for me anyway.

I'm still plugging away. Almost 5 months out and some days are quite dark and wavy, others mediocre and rarely "decent". I'm still working, wish I didn't have to. Grateful that 50% of the time I can work from home in my pj's. Otherwise, I'm sure I'd be fired.

Just another day in paradise, folks  :D

Hi!

I keep on having my weird thoughts, "what if" type, but exercise, yoga and meditation seem to be helping. Kiddo, Bennie, George, I wish you the best for you to feel better. Bets, it is wonderful you had no acute. I read your post about starting your Valium taper in three monthts, clever Girl! I do think it is necessary to wait, three months sound perfect to me  :thumbsup:

Bennie - boy can I relate to your last post....no countdown to healing. I'm sorry you're struggling after a long taper. We're in the same boat. It's frustrating that there's no rhyme or reason to this. That's the hardest part, for me anyway.

I'm still plugging away. Almost 5 months out and some days are quite dark and wavy, others mediocre and rarely "decent". I'm still working, wish I didn't have to. Grateful that 50% of the time I can work from home in my pj's. Otherwise, I'm sure I'd be fired.

Kiddo,

I want a job I can do in my PJs. I'm thinking genealogist, writer, or....?? Spokesperson for a mattress company?? Taking suggestions.

Kiddo,

I want a job I can do in my PJs. I'm thinking genealogist, writer, or....?? Spokesperson for a mattress company?? Taking suggestions.

Bennie,

Mattress company spokesperson?  :laugh:  :thumbsup:

Things will get easier for you, you will see  :thumbsup:

Today was a beautiful day in Southern Oregon, low 50's & lots of sunshine!  :thumbsup:

I rode my motorcycles for a couple hours today, it was a little chilly but I didn't want to stop  :thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday  :thumbsup:

Ninj  :smitten:

Kiddo,

Bennie,

Mattress company spokesperson?  :laugh:  :thumbsup:

Things will get easier for you, you will see  :thumbsup:

Today was a beautiful day in Southern Oregon, low 50's & lots of sunshine!  :thumbsup:

I rode my motorcycles for a couple hours today, it was a little chilly but I didn't want to stop  :thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday  :thumbsup:

Ninja,

Yes, mattress spokesperson! Today, out of my pajamas and bed before noon.  :laugh: Dressed and puttering about. Vibration at 1. I almost feel normal. Buzzy left leg now but at least I don't feel like a zombie. Grateful for interludes.

Hey, riding the bike in sunshine! Awesome for you. I trust that you are feeling 80% + on average?  Feeling lucky—gonna by a powerball ticket?

Bennie

Bennie,

I made my donation towards making someone else rich as well, if it's not going to be me then better help someone else....it's the least I can do  :laugh:

80% is a fair assessment  :thumbsup:

The worst for me is the insomnia, going to bed at 10pm laying there until 2:30am & waking up at 4:30am to go to work.  Makes for a long day at the office, I need

a George Costanza bed under my desk  :laugh:

Have a wonderful day my friend  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/C582ujN.gif

This is my absolute favorite image of what this is like...it never fails to make me crack a smile even when I don't want to, lol.  :D

I'm dropping in on yes what has sadly become the loneliest thread on BB  :-[  I'm on new puppy duty most of the time when I'm here in the mornings and not able to do much posting these days. Very belated congrats on your jump Bennie I know you were so looking forward to posting here! You did it!

Wishing everyone well,  there are far too many names for me to remember but I do think of everyone often. Special wishes and congratulations to Elle and Grinch  :hug::highfive: a few days early on one year....it's a big deal!!!!!!!! Vas also passed the one year mark a few weeks ago and I'm so proud of you as well.  :hug::yippee::balloon: extra emoticons for you  remembering your emoticon crazed first months  :laugh:

Much love to everyone

:smitten:

Love the penguin, its so appropriate! Still battling over here, working and dealing with all of the ups and downs life has to offer. Was on vacation last week and I did things I havent done in years (even before benzos).

Funny thing is, I wonder if I ever needed those pills at all.

God Bless you wonderful human beings. We grow stronger everyday..