The bend bulletin- "benzodiazipines treat anxiety, cause long-term problems"

[ge...]

I was really confused, too... I searched around for the staff list and there is a health section so I emailed the health reporters and the editor of the health section. They usually have a search option, too. It can take a bit of looking around  :P

Markian,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this article. I'm so very grateful to you.

Public awareness about the mind-blowing process of withdrawal from benzodiazepines must be raised in the U.S. and without people like you to put it out there it will never happen.

Thank you for immersing yourself in our world and speaking out for us. Thank you for being our grass roots.

koko 

[cb...]

I was really confused, too... I searched around for the staff list and there is a health section so I emailed the health reporters and the editor of the health section. They usually have a search option, too. It can take a bit of looking around  :P

Thanks, gettingthere.

I might have a bite at the Boston globe! Not exactly holding my breathe but she said "thank you for bringing this my attention, and this is something we should cover." She is  bringing it to the editors...please send it to your local papers if you feel able!

I do not know how these well written 'regional' articles go viral...but this one should.  Markian Hawryluk is  fine medical journalist.  This may be one of other articles about benzos.

I just hope BB members print it up and take it to their physicians and other medical people.  NL

Great to see, one more " straw" being added to build awareness.  To those in doubt about changes happening, I can remember when drunk driving was just an unlucky night and not a problem and when cigarettes were advertised as healthy by doctors.  Now both situations are quite different.    The more education on benzo's the more this will be moved to a true awareness.

[cb...]
Great to see, one more " straw" being added to build awareness.  To those in doubt about changes happening, I can remember when drunk driving was just an unlucky night and not a problem and when cigarettes were advertised as healthy by doctors.  Now both situations are quite different.    The more education on benzo's the more this will be moved to a true awareness.

Yep, Pardner1, so true. I'm hoping that the "chemical imbalance" theory goes away, too. All of these psych drugs are bad news. If I have mood swings and I'm a little different, so be it. I don't want the chemical lobotomy anymore!  :tickedoff:

Lets all send a thank you note to Markian for this article.  We need to keep encouraging others to write about this.

mhawryluk@bendbulletin.com

Pardner