Chocolate more addictive than benzos

[Sm...]

I am also thinking about it today when munching dark chocolate. Actually I have kicked many addictive things but it looks impossible to kick dark chocolate specially if it is in your freeze. I can say "IMPOSSIBLE."

I had weight problem, thanks to bezo it is 50lbs down, and was thinking to reduce weight but noway I could kick chocolate. Three time I tried cold turkey but failed. Withdrawal symptoms were so harsh. Every time my mind was there in my refrigerator.

Does anybody have a taper plan or is there any manual related to it? Thinking to taper it slowly in 2 years.    ;)

Hello reoshi,

Two years sounds like an awfully fast taper to me, particularly as your failed cold turkeys will have produced a degree of kindling.

You could titrate down from 100% cacao Hersheys to 70% Lindt and then taper finally from there.

Or you could dissolve Greens organic 82% cacao in hot milk, add cream and marshmallows and microtaper daily.

It isn't a race.

Take care,

spartacus

cacao definitely for tapering!

I put a ton of 'healthy' cacao/chocolate recipes on my blog (link at sig)

It is helping my w/d: that is my story and I'm sticking with it

Great salad and mixed salad thread.

I find chocolate too excitatory, but in time I intend to make up for lost time..

xoxo

Iggy

Everybody have some chocolate and send me some chocolate vibes.  8)

Iggy you could try some of the home made chocolate recipes I listed.

They very well may be too excitory still but they definitely aren't as excitory as store-bought-mass-produced-sugar-laden chocolate.

Chocolate well wishes for now and the future to you  ;D

Hello reoshi,

Two years sounds like an awfully fast taper to me, particularly as your failed cold turkeys will have produced a degree of kindling.

You could titrate down from 100% cacao Hersheys to 70% Lindt and then taper finally from there.

Or you could dissolve Greens organic 82% cacao in hot milk, add cream and marshmallows and microtaper daily.

It isn't a race.

Take care,

spartacus

Thanks for a viable tapering plan.  ;D

Although I can noway tolerate it with benzo w/d. So I will have to wait till I get fully heal and I will have to confirm my health insurance before I go for it.

:stretcher: 

• 2 weeks later...

Smiffy this thread is making me hungry!

Oh and Bart.....Reese's peanut butter cups are my all time favorite.  I could eat them till I'm sick  :sick:

I'm the same Time. Valium has made me choco craving maniac

Raw cacao can totally hit the same spots though and it is the only that stops the cravings.

I reckon we are craving the high lots of magnesium in the choco and all the endorphins plus serotonin and dopamine we get from that food drug goodness

When it comes to chocolate I follow only one rule, "Do not eat more chocolate than you can lift."

Priceless! :laugh:

When it comes to chocolate I follow only one rule, "Do not eat more chocolate than you can lift."

Priceless! :laugh:

Great words of wisdom!

Dear reoshi,

I am seriously concerned that you still seem intent on rushing your chocolate taper.

Take care,

spart x

Thanks eliz and bart and please keep this rule in mind.  :thumbsup:

@Spart

I’d give up chocolate, but I’m no quitter

Actually my doc tell me to have lot of frutis to cope with benzo withdraw and I think Chocolate is nothing but fruit. Cocao plant is a fruit plant, so it comes from fruit. The added sugar comes from sugarcane which is again fruit. Mostly almond and cashew will be added which are again fruits. So chocolate is nothing but  healthy combination of various fruits. So if your doctor prescribe you to eat vegetables and fruit you must start eating lot of chocolates to have all benefits of fruits.

Ok, ok I accept it I am  chocoholics and cannot leave it.

[12...]

Dear reoshi,

I am seriously concerned that you still seem intent on rushing your chocolate taper.

Take care,

spart x

I agree...remember this is a marathon not a sprint you have to reduce that chocolate gradually, micro tapering in my opinion is the best way to go about it. I hear chocolate withdrawals can be very dangerous  :D

I ate some bitter chocolate yesterday, it was so good. Later I got paranoid that the caffeine contents in bitter chocs could trigger anxiety sxs. I got more anxious at the idea than any actual sx...oh well  :idiot: I'm gonna have some more today, only one fraction though  ;)

@Spart

Id give up chocolate, but Im no quitter

Actually my doc tell me to have lot of frutis to cope with benzo withdraw and I think Chocolate is nothing but fruit. Cocao plant is a fruit plant, so it comes from fruit. The added sugar comes from sugarcane which is again fruit. Mostly almond and cashew will be added which are again fruits. So chocolate is nothing but  healthy combination of various fruits. So if your doctor prescribe you to eat vegetables and fruit you must start eating lot of chocolates to have all benefits of fruits.

Hey reoshi,

So chocolate is a mixed fruit salad.

I am grateful for your insight.

spart  :)

I have a hard time quitting sugar period! When I cheat on my diet it is 90% of the time with chocolate. I love the stuff too. I'm a boy and don't notice anything different with my orgasms not that I'm having any these days.  :(

[12...]

I have a hard time quitting sugar period! When I cheat on my diet it is 90% of the time with chocolate. I love the stuff too. I'm a boy and don't notice anything different with my orgasms not that I'm having any these days.  :(

LMAOOO...I am sorry but this was just funny, I feel your pain that's why I am laughing. Food now becomes sex.... don't anyone dare take my chocolate away from me!!!!!!!!

@Spart

I’d give up chocolate, but I’m no quitter

Hey reoshi,

So chocolate is a mixed fruit salad.

I am grateful for your insight.

spart  :)

I just love discovering the science behind things and am happy to know that all the "salads" I've been eating are so healthy.  :)

My dear grandma lived to be 100 yrs. old and I don't think she ever went a day without her choc. One day she ran out and asked my dad if he would take her to the store to pick up some medicine.. he did and you should have seen the look on his face when she went straight to the candy and bought bars of choc...she felt a lot better after she got her choc. medicine. ;)