• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Pa...]

• [ad...]

• [Sh...]

KT,

Would you please add a signature line to your profile?? We'd really appreciate it!  ;D  Here are the directions...

"Click on 'profile' in the green bar below the shoutbox. Then under 'modify profile' in the left hand column, click on 'forum profile information'. From that page, scroll down almost to the bottom and type in your info in the signature box. Make sure and click 'change profile' at the bottom. And that's it!"

Thank you!

T2 :smitten:

http://www.healthrecovery.com/HRC_2006/Depression_06/D_Hide_In_Closet.htm

I think it possible that pyrolurics are highly likely to become benzo dependent. Many of the things I've read so far on this site in regards to anxiety, insomnia and depression that makes me wonder how many of us here stand to benefit from a pyroluric vitamin regimen. Just a thought. BTW, pyroluria tends to hit people of Northern European origin, and fair skinned, blue-eyed, blond-haired types. Well, I have hazel eyes and used to have brown hair, but I've got the ultra-fair skin.

Thanks for the links. I have hazel eyes and dark blonde hair with a med-fair complexion. I'll look into those anyway.

Hi KT, glad to hear you rounded down and are going to get stable at .50.  I'll take a look at your website tomorrow, kind of tired tonight.  I wanted to tell you I put some info into your signature block, check it out and if it's incorrect maybe you could try to get the right info in there.  ;)

Hi KT:

You have done a lot of research on pyrroluria.  It is not a condition I had heard of before so it was interesting to check out your links.

ntw

Hi KT,

Thanks for the info on pyroluria.  I'd forgotten about that.  I read the website from your first link -- very interesting.  The supplements look pretty good to me.  I take most of that stuff anyway.  I have a really good capsule with all the B's and B cofactors that I take twice a day, etc. 

It seems to me that during the process of getting off benzos, every stressful place in the body, any weakness or weak link, will get the heck blasted out of it!  :tickedoff:

Hey, sounds good that you're on the .5 mg.  Good for you!  You're hanging in there.  With the slower taper, your sleep won't get as blasted.  At least hopefully not for too long. 

adelia

hi Kt softtail here.  Read your story, and know what you are going thru on the benzo side, but can't imagine adding the other medical problems to your situation.  I too suffered horrible depression,  could not work, lost all interest in everything. 

I tapered down from 1.5 mg clono, and at the same time my shrink put me on a coctail of antid's

At the .6 mg. mark my depression lifted, and has not returned, and I am benzo free.  I still do not know if it was due to getting lower then off teh benzo's that cleared up my depression or the antid's started to work.  I am certainly not promoting antid's but for some they can be a lifesaver.  ( talking about a few friends that are on them, and say they were a miracle for them)

Hopefully as you reduce, you will find the depression lifting without them, but after off , this is always an alternative if the depression does not lift then.

st.

hi Kt softtail here.  Read your story, and know what you are going thru on the benzo side, but can't imagine adding the other medical problems to your situation.   I too suffered horrible depression,  could not work, lost all interest in everything.   

I tapered down from 1.5 mg clono, and at the same time my shrink put me on a coctail of antid's

At the .6 mg. mark my depression lifted, and has not returned, and I am benzo free.   I still do not know if it was due to getting lower then off teh benzo's that cleared up my depression or the antid's started to work.   I am certainly not promoting antid's but for some they can be a lifesaver.  ( talking about a few friends that are on them, and say they were a miracle for them)

Hopefully as you reduce, you will find the depression lifting without them, but after off , this is always an alternative if the depression does not lift then.

st.

Thanks, sofftail! At this point I'm worn out from my other medical problems and am just holding at .50 until I get some strength back. I'm about to start an a/d, too.

KT

Hi KT,

Thanks for the info on pyroluria.  I'd forgotten about that.  I read the website from your first link -- very interesting.  The supplements look pretty good to me.  I take most of that stuff anyway.  I have a really good capsule with all the B's and B cofactors that I take twice a day, etc. 

It seems to me that during the process of getting off benzos, every stressful place in the body, any weakness or weak link, will get the heck blasted out of it!   :tickedoff:

Hey, sounds good that you're on the .5 mg.  Good for you!  You're hanging in there.  With the slower taper, your sleep won't get as blasted.  At least hopefully not for too long. 

adelia

Hi adelia,

No fooling! Taper gets you every which way. I'm holding at .50 now until my body recuperates some. I'm worn out. No way am I in shape to taper further for awhile.

KT

Well it was 80 degrees and sunny here today..... :laugh:  But next week will probably rain cats and dogs.  You're so cute Pam! 

Glad to hear your taking it easy for a while KT.  One day (soon), you'll wake up and know it's time to go again (another cut).  In the meantime.....are you getting sun or clouds or rain or snow? 

adelia

Hi KT,

I hate that worn out feeling, seem to  have it alot lately  :crazy: rest up for a while, got any good films to watch?

Its important to be good to yourself too!

love lynn xx  :smitten:

I have hope for you KT, I think you're one strong lady and I have confidence in you even if you have doubts.  Come back when you're able, we'll be here.

Kt, read your sig line ,  I think titration will work good for you.  we can put togeather a schedule and walk you thru how to do it if you decide to try it.

st.

• 2 months later...