ChinaDoll Escapes from Wonderland!

[Ch...]

Hello Chinadoll,

I just read your amazing success story. Congratulations on your climb out of the rabbit hole and inspiring so many with your very eloquently written story. You are an excellent writer:)

Wishing you continued enjoyment of each precious day, now that you have come out of the fog. Leaving it behind is so very wonderful...with a continuing new appreciation for all the simple pleasures this world has to offer:)

Thanks Who!  I see you are a year free... Congrats!!  That was about the time things really turned the corner for me.  I hope they are for you also!

:smitten:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [No...]

• [ba...]

• [...]

Wow. Fantastic read. I'm so happy you are better and telling your story for inspiration. Thank you

Thanks Aussie!  I see you did a fairly rapid taper also.  Cograts on being benzo free!  Wishing you continued healing and happiness...

Doll

China doll, what a wonderful story of healing!! I love how real you are. You have fought through hell and it's so hopeful to read withdrawal is just a part of your past!

Aft, I was naive like you. I thought once finished with my taper I would be healed and have no withdrawal. My first six months were acute hell. I'm almost at eight months off now and out of acute but still in withdrawal. I had no clue this could happen especially because I was told by doctors it couldn't. Thank God for BB!

Thank God for success stories like your Doll! Thank you for sharing it!!  :smitten:

Thank you and your welcome Angel. 

And yes it is funny how for over a year benzo withdrawal was what my world revolved around.  It's craziness is with you 24/7 in every distorted sound, smell and perception.  Then as healing happens and you get further and further away from it, it starts to feel like a bad dream that you can't remember the exact details of. 

It is also impossible to adequately express in words to people who have never been through it themselves, which is very frustrating.  :tickedoff:

I am just glad to have it in my rear view mirror.  You will be there soon also.  :thumbsup:

Doll

Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply Doll!! And with so much kindness and hope!! I'm so grateful and so happy it's all in your rear view mirror too  :smitten:

Thank you! Your update is inspiring. How lovely you feel so well! Thank you for returning to let us know. Much happiness to you.

Carita

Hi Carita!  I am so sorry I some how missed acknowledging your post.  Can't blame it on benzo brain anymore so I am just gonna go with the oldhymizers excuse..  :D

I love your positive attitude and wish you well during the last of your taper!!  Be as kind to yourself and you are to others..........

Doll

• 4 years later...
Thinking of copying and pasting my success story to my FB profile.  It may hurt the feelings of some involved but they are doing better at the moment and prolly could use the insight.  It has been many years since I posted this and I am doing well, the grans are in 2nd and KG at the moment and A/B students and happy and healthy.  This is more for me.. to try to explain why I checked out during those years.  I dunno.. what do y'all think  TMI??

You are quite welcome.. lurked a bit (lol) and love you positive attitude.. but the question is.. do I do It?  Most prolly won't understand.. but it may make me feel better about the lost years.. I dunno.. it sounds like a good idea.. buttttt……….

What a great story! Thanks so much for helping inspire us and coming back after all of these years! Yes, I think you should post it on FB.. you are a warrior and you deserve to celebrate this battle, you came out on the winning side!

If you are worried about hurt feelings you could modify it a bit to be gentler on your son and DIL, but it is up to you.

You are quite welcome.. lurked a bit (lol) and love you positive attitude.. but the question is.. do I do It?  Most prolly won't understand.. but it may make me feel better about the lost years.. I dunno.. it sounds like a good idea.. buttttt……….

I think it is a wonderful idea to shout your story from the mountaintops! The more people hear our stories maybe the more it will sink in that this is real.

And people in our lives our probably wondering what the hell happened to us. Where did we go? What happened? Was it them (lol)?

I Hope I have a day when I am able to put my experience into words have as well as you have.

Speak your truth and let the chips fall where they may. You will probably be surprised at who expresses empathy and is a good soul.

And those that don't, well, now you know for sure who not to waste your time on.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ChinaDoll for sharing your incredibly inspirational story.  You give strength to people like me still in the thick of the struggle. 

With gratitude, BP

• 3 years later...